GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kovalchuk trade watch

+19
benIII24III
sens4win
Hockeyhero22000
AlfieisGod11
Bramlet07
M_Christopher
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Hoags
Riprock
asq2
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
PKC
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

16Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

my guess is kovalchuk goes to LA too. i don't see lou overpaying for a rental. if the deal was a resigned lova... then all hell would brake lose.
i don't think we should fear him getting traded west or east. he's not managed to be the difference so far with atlanta, why would that change now? only on an unbelievably stacked up team ca we say oh no... like the caps.

17Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:31 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

LA is my top guess for obvious reasons (space and assets).

Apparently Waddel has been scouting the Isles - maybe they make a push for him? Could offer up DeHaan/Hammonic, and/or Hunter?

18Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:24 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fuel to the NJD fire from Bob McKenzie:

Dudley at Lowell game tonight + Waddell at NJ/Kings + Dudley also at NJ/Leafs. SOMETHING is up!

19Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Fuel to the NJD fire from Bob McKenzie:

Dudley at Lowell game tonight + Waddell at NJ/Kings + Dudley also at NJ/Leafs. SOMETHING is up!

Swirlominoes?

- Unknown Author

20Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:10 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Interesting...so the associate GM is out doing some leg work. Wonder who they are specifically looking at. It would HAVE to be a forward + defenseman + pick/prospect, no?

21Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:11 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Swirlominoes?

All I can say about that is: Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 235689 Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 805406

22Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds like it'll be NJ. Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 853450 We'll see though...

23Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:22 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Sounds like it'll be NJ. Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 853450 We'll see though...

NJ huh? Poor Kovalchuck. So there'll be a few more fans to watch him but he's not going to be happy playing under Lemaire and Lou Lam is he?

- Unknown Author

24Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:28 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Sounds like it'll be NJ. Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 853450 We'll see though...

NJ huh? Poor Kovalchuck. So there'll be a few more fans to watch him but he's not going to be happy playing under Lemaire and Lou Lam is he?

Maybe Lou is starting to wake up and see all the empty seats and maybe he wants to generate some excitement?

I don't think anyone planning on acquiring Kovalchuk can be looking at it as a rental. I think it may be something like:

Elias, Oduya, Bergfors, Clarkson and Cormier for

Kovalchuk, Cheddar Armstrong, Kubina and Oystrick

25Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I just want this trade to happen already .... the speculation is killing me Ahhhhh!

26Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:39 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I want The Wizard to get traded so I can change my avatar!!! Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 235689 Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 805406

27Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I doubt it.

28Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:54 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Maybe Lou is starting to wake up and see all the empty seats and maybe he wants to generate some excitement?

I don't think anyone planning on acquiring Kovalchuk can be looking at it as a rental. I think it may be something like:

I dunno. 2nd place in the conference, 1st in their division, games in hand. NJ's been on a bad streak lately, for sure, but that's an enormous deal you're talking about.

I could see NJ dealing something like Rolston/Zubrus + Clarkson/Bergfors, plus an appropriate bag of goodies (pick, prospect). Something like that. NJ has always been a conservative team and is pretty much a slam dunk to make the playoffs this year, so I don't see the need to trade half the team away. And I don't think they desperately need a #1 LW seeing as they have Parise already.

29Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:00 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I dunno. 2nd place in the conference, 1st in their division, games in hand. NJ's been on a bad streak lately, for sure, but that's an enormous deal you're talking about.

I could see NJ dealing something like Rolston/Zubrus + Clarkson/Bergfors, plus an appropriate bag of goodies (pick, prospect). Something like that. NJ has always been a conservative team and is pretty much a slam dunk to make the playoffs this year, so I don't see the need to trade half the team away. And I don't think they desperately need a #1 LW seeing as they have Parise already.

This is a team that fired their coach when they were a slam dunk to make the playoffs too. They're probably a slam dunk to be eliminated early as well.

Brand new building, perpetually empty seats. I think the conservative formula has run it's course.

30Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Brand new building, perpetually empty seats. I think the conservative formula has run it's course.

Boy, do I ever hope you're right. Anyway, the countdowns on until Brodeur retires and they're forced to play a non-boring as Dung style.

31Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is Lou Lam the President as well? If so he's gotta start thinking about attendance doesn't he? Isn't increasing the attendance and the Season ticket base a big part of the President's job?

- Unknown Author

32Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:20 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

This is a team that fired their coach when they were a slam dunk to make the playoffs too. They're probably a slam dunk to be eliminated early as well.

I could buy into this argument more if Lam were fired, and if Lam didn't go out and get that blast-from-the-NJ-past, Lemaire. Anything's possible, granted, but these don't look like the signs of a coming radical overhaul to me.

33Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
I could buy into this argument more if Lam were fired, and if Lam didn't go out and get that blast-from-the-NJ-past, Lemaire. Anything's possible, granted, but these don't look like the signs of a coming radical overhaul to me.

What about when Brodeur breaks or retires? Won't that force an overhaul? And don't say that it's all about the system, that system was in place in Minny and they suffocated with very little success.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum