GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kovalchuk trade watch

+19
benIII24III
sens4win
Hockeyhero22000
AlfieisGod11
Bramlet07
M_Christopher
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Hoags
Riprock
asq2
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
PKC
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

61Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We also met his desire to be the highest paid player based on
average annual salary with a separate offer of 7 years at $10M per year
($70M). This offer is $0.5M higher per year than any other player.

That's quite a demand. What an Donkey.

62Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:02 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's not worth that. Not in the least. Score 50 goals, 100 points, win the Hart and the Conn Smythe and we'll talk.

63Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:06 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Why is Kovalchuk or his agent even bothering talking to Atlanta? It's just a waste of time for all parties involved. He doesn't want to stay, deal with it.

64Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Wow what a greedy SOB. Shades of Yashin right there.

65Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like how Waddell is letting the world know what a sack of Dung this clown is. Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 457303

66Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like Dreger is right on top of this, we should be seeing a team emerge soon now and some names as well:

Don Waddell lays his cards on the table regarding Kovalchuk. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=516230

Oh no, wait. He just posted a link to the NHL website so he knows nothing! Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 235689 Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 805406

67Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:33 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Looks like Dreger is right on top of this, we should be seeing a team emerge soon now and some names as well:

Don Waddell lays his cards on the table regarding Kovalchuk. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=516230

Oh no, wait. He just posted a link to the NHL website so he knows nothing! Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 235689 Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 805406

That Dreger's crafty.

- Unknown Author

68Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Looks like Dreger is right on top of this, we should be seeing a team emerge soon now and some names as well:

That Dreger's crafty.

Don't make me say "Source?"!!! Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 555492

69Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

That Dreger's crafty.

Don't make me say "Source?"!!! Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 555492

Question: It's an excellent ______ of Omega three fatty acids.

- Unknown Author

70Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I like how Waddell is letting the world know what a sack of Dung this clown is. Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 457303

Which means that he's been traded IMHO. You don't say stuff like that until it's done. Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 805406 Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 235689

71Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It's also a way for Wadell and the Tharshers Org. to save some face with fans by letting them know they made every reasonable effort to keep him a Thrasher. Good move I might say. Thrashers fans should realize that Ilya did not want to stay there and that any more money offered would hurt the team. Ilya is setting a bad example for guys like Little, Bogosian and Kane.

72Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:14 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I like how Waddell is letting the world know what a sack of Dung this clown is. Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 457303

Which means that he's been traded IMHO. You don't say stuff like that until it's done. Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 805406 Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 235689

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet a testicale (not mine, but still) that Kovalchuk is traded before his game tomorrow.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

73Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:26 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:He's not worth that. Not in the least. Score 50 goals, 100 points, win the Hart and the Conn Smythe and we'll talk.

I don't think he's worth that, but I will point out that he's hit 52 twice and he had 98 points in 78 games in 2005-2006. There's only so much he could have done in regards to the other two awards.

The consensus seems to be that he wants to be in a market that isn't too crazy/privacy-invading but that has a chance to win. Atlanta's definitely good for the first one, and with Bogosian, Enstrom, Kane, Little, Pavelec plus guys like Peverley, Kozlov, Afinogenov etc. I would have thought he'd recognize the potential in that group.

Maybe he just wants out of Atlanta.

74Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

He's been hearing about Atlanta's potential for years, I think at this point he's going to pull a Hossa and sign with a contender, whether it's trade or UFA signing I think he's just had enough of Atlanta.

If he's big on not being on a privacy-invading town, he's definately not coming to Canada Laugh1

75Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:42 pm

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:He's not worth that. Not in the least. Score 50 goals, 100 points, win the Hart and the Conn Smythe and we'll talk.

I don't think he's worth that, but I will point out that he's hit 52 twice and he had 98 points in 78 games in 2005-2006. There's only so much he could have done in regards to the other two awards.

The consensus seems to be that he wants to be in a market that isn't too crazy/privacy-invading but that has a chance to win. Atlanta's definitely good for the first one, and with Bogosian, Enstrom, Kane, Little, Pavelec plus guys like Peverley, Kozlov, Afinogenov etc. I would have thought he'd recognize the potential in that group.

Atlanta is the worst hockey city around, no one wants to be there unless it's for way more cash then they are worth or because they were drafted. That team should either fold or move.

76Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You've got us all convinced, now if you could only reach Bettman.

77Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:49 pm

No pending UFA will ever stay in Atanta if he has other options. As for Bettman, who cares they guy has ruined anything resembling hockey of the early 90's.

Kovalchuk will sign for prob 8.5 in a place like LA, NYR, even a place like Edmonton or Colorado.

78Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

How will anyone ever know if he has what it takes to perform in the playoffs though? He certainly didn't last time - and now he wants to be the top paid player in the league? Hmmm... that doesn't jive with me personally, but hey, more power to him (go West nerd).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum