GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kovalchuk trade watch

+19
benIII24III
sens4win
Hockeyhero22000
AlfieisGod11
Bramlet07
M_Christopher
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Hoags
Riprock
asq2
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
PKC
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

106Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:20 pm

beedub wrote:Did I just hear right?? Is Kovy a Devil??

Yep. Bergfors, Oduya, Patrice Cormier and a 1st.

107Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:21 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovy's a Devil?

108Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:21 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:

Holy crap.

109Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:22 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Holy crap.

not worth it since he is going to be only a rental no way does lemaire cough up the cash the kovalchuck wants

110Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:23 pm

Oduya is the key to this deal. Bergfors is a nice player and who knows what the pick will be but for the here and now, Oduya is the key piece going back. He's very underrated.

111Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:25 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

True enough oduya is a very good d man and very underrated

112Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Holy crap.

not worth it since he is going to be only a rental no way does lemaire cough up the cash the kovalchuck wants

Lemaire won't. Neither will Lamoriello, the GM. Wink

Still, Lou probably realizes that Brodeur's shelf life isn't so long and he's probably feeling Marty's got one more huge run in him. Why not take advantage of it? None of these guys are core guys. Kovalchuk will either have more space in NJ with Parise there, or free up some for Parise. I don't think they'll play on the same line since Parise prefers the LW. Keeping them apart forces teams to play a lesser line against one of them.

113Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

So if NJ won't resign who'll be the winner on july 1st ?

114Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Hoags wrote:So if NJ won't resign who'll be the winner on july 1st ?

The Kings are where I am putting my money. They've got the cap space, and the team to attract Kovy. Plus, they don't have to give assets up.

115Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:35 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

depends where Kovy wants to go i think he already has an idea where he wants to be

116Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:37 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

AlfieisGod11 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:kovalchuk was going to free agency it wasn't worth it just for a rental

Karlsson, Fisher, Neil and a 1st for Kovalchuk would a been a total rip

How is that package at all even close to what they got? What an idiot Waddell is. That guy is fired for sure after this season.

117Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:38 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

PKC wrote:
AlfieisGod11 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:kovalchuk was going to free agency it wasn't worth it just for a rental

Karlsson, Fisher, Neil and a 1st for Kovalchuk would a been a total rip

How is that package at all even close to what they got? What an idiot Waddell is. That guy is fired for sure after this season.

Yeah, I don't think they got a very good return fro Kovalchuk, at all.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

118Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:39 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:depends where Kovy wants to go i think he already has an idea where he wants to be

Toronto, mark my words

119Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:43 pm

The Montagoose

Prospect
Prospect

Makes you wonder why chicago didnt put in an offer to move out some salary. There is no doubt in my mind right now that a sharp and seabrook could have landed him. Of the deals this week who got fleeced the most.

120Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:48 pm

I don't think the return is that bad. Bergfors has talent and with more ice time and PP time in ATL could be a 25 goal guy. Oduya is very solid defenceman, an olympian in fact. The 1st won't be too high, but it could be a useful pick to trade up, or down. Cormier? Well, he's a gearbox and I am surprised he had anyone show interest in him. Who knows what names were thrown around, but I would really have tried for Bergfors, Oduya and Tedenby.

121Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:52 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

As if this trade wasn't bad enough, but apparently they also swapped their second round picks this year. Holy Dung that's a brutal trade.

122Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:57 pm

PKC wrote:As if this trade wasn't bad enough, but apparently they also swapped their second round picks this year. Holy Dung that's a brutal trade.

He's a RENTAL. NJ will get no more than 60 games out of Kovy, and that's if they make the finals. Call it what you want, but clearly, there wasn't a better offer out there, or else Waddell would have taken it. Like I said, Waddell faired pretty well, certainly better than the Hossa deal.

123Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:21 pm

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

The Montagoose wrote:Makes you wonder why chicago didnt put in an offer to move out some salary. There is no doubt in my mind right now that a sharp and seabrook could have landed him. Of the deals this week who got fleeced the most.

sharp and seabrook? that would be challenged for chicago.
absolutely challenged

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum