GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kovalchuk trade watch

+19
benIII24III
sens4win
Hockeyhero22000
AlfieisGod11
Bramlet07
M_Christopher
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Hoags
Riprock
asq2
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
PKC
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

76Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

You've got us all convinced, now if you could only reach Bettman.

77Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:49 pm

No pending UFA will ever stay in Atanta if he has other options. As for Bettman, who cares they guy has ruined anything resembling hockey of the early 90's.

Kovalchuk will sign for prob 8.5 in a place like LA, NYR, even a place like Edmonton or Colorado.

78Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:53 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:He's not worth that. Not in the least. Score 50 goals, 100 points, win the Hart and the Conn Smythe and we'll talk.

I don't think he's worth that, but I will point out that he's hit 52 twice and he had 98 points in 78 games in 2005-2006. There's only so much he could have done in regards to the other two awards.

The consensus seems to be that he wants to be in a market that isn't too crazy/privacy-invading but that has a chance to win. Atlanta's definitely good for the first one, and with Bogosian, Enstrom, Kane, Little, Pavelec plus guys like Peverley, Kozlov, Afinogenov etc. I would have thought he'd recognize the potential in that group.

Maybe he just wants out of Atlanta.

How will anyone ever know if he has what it takes to perform in the playoffs though? He certainly didn't last time - and now he wants to be the top paid player in the league? Hmmm... that doesn't jive with me personally, but hey, more power to him (go West nerd).

79Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Haha guys, he doesnt want to be the top paid player in the league! He never has, he wants out of Atlanta and it's his call.

80Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Haha guys, he doesnt want to be the top paid player in the league! He never has, he wants out of Atlanta and it's his call.

Why not just say that then, why tell Waddell that he's interested in staying?

81Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:09 pm

PR? He wants to leave he doesnt want to through the organization under the bus. It's never been about money.

What he's doing is perfect, keeping his mouth shut and moving on. Nothing wrong with that.

82Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:16 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah but when he signs for way less on another team in the summer (because let's face it, he's not gonna make more than OV), everybody will know he didn't want to stay in ATL.
Whether he says it or not, no difference IMO.

83Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:42 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Kovalc10

The lucky GM who lands Ilya also gets this beautiful Omega "ILYA KOVALCHUK WATCH" Vancouver 2010 Edition.

84Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Dreger and FSN says hes now a devil. I wonder what they gave up?

85Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:32 pm

AlfieisGod11

Rookie
Rookie

Bramlet07 wrote:Dreger and FSN says hes now a devil. I wonder what they gave up?
If it is the Devils good for them, but I don't see this as great of a situation for Kovalchuk. I really thought the Rangers on this one......

86Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:36 pm

AlfieisGod11

Rookie
Rookie

Although him and Parise sound like a really good 1-2 punch

87Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

USA Today says Devils too.

88Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

http://twitter.com/kausatoday

Atlanta Thrashers receive Oduya, Bergfors, Patrice Cormier and a 1st-round pick for Kovalchuk

Cormier ???

sounds like Atlanta got fleeced

89Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

WTF what a horrible trade for atlanta

90Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:21 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:http://twitter.com/kausatoday

Atlanta Thrashers receive Oduya, Bergfors, Patrice Cormier and a 1st-round pick for Kovalchuk

Cormier ???

sounds like Atlanta got fleeced
thats it ? cormier is no superstar oduya is well 4 points and a 1st from the devils well thats about the best part about this trade and bergfors
my friend is a big atlanta fan his uncle is the goalie coach. He has now lost
heatley
hossa
kovulchuk

91Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:21 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They did. Again I want to ask... where's this so called veto power by Bettman? If it exists and he is prepared to use it to prevent Tampa from trading Vinny, why not save Atlanta's franchise player?

92Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:21 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

kovalchuk is definately going to free agency

93Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:22 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Hahaha...worst. trade. ever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum