GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kovalchuk trade watch

+19
benIII24III
sens4win
Hockeyhero22000
AlfieisGod11
Bramlet07
M_Christopher
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Hoags
Riprock
asq2
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
PKC
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

121Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:52 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

As if this trade wasn't bad enough, but apparently they also swapped their second round picks this year. Holy Dung that's a brutal trade.

122Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:57 pm

PKC wrote:As if this trade wasn't bad enough, but apparently they also swapped their second round picks this year. Holy Dung that's a brutal trade.

He's a RENTAL. NJ will get no more than 60 games out of Kovy, and that's if they make the finals. Call it what you want, but clearly, there wasn't a better offer out there, or else Waddell would have taken it. Like I said, Waddell faired pretty well, certainly better than the Hossa deal.

123Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:21 pm

garblar

Rookie
Rookie

The Montagoose wrote:Makes you wonder why chicago didnt put in an offer to move out some salary. There is no doubt in my mind right now that a sharp and seabrook could have landed him. Of the deals this week who got fleeced the most.

sharp and seabrook? that would be challenged for chicago.
absolutely challenged

124Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:26 pm

garblar wrote:
The Montagoose wrote:Makes you wonder why chicago didnt put in an offer to move out some salary. There is no doubt in my mind right now that a sharp and seabrook could have landed him. Of the deals this week who got fleeced the most.

sharp and seabrook? that would be challenged for chicago.
absolutely challenged

Especially for a rental player. Sure they need to clear space for next year, but they could shop sharp and seabrook (I'd be shopping Byfuglien and Barker myself) to clear space and bring back assets.

125Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:31 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
PKC wrote:As if this trade wasn't bad enough, but apparently they also swapped their second round picks this year. Holy Dung that's a brutal trade.

He's a RENTAL. NJ will get no more than 60 games out of Kovy, and that's if they make the finals. Call it what you want, but clearly, there wasn't a better offer out there, or else Waddell would have taken it. Like I said, Waddell faired pretty well, certainly better than the Hossa deal.

They'd have done better taking Chicago's castoffs: Barker + Versteeg + first 2010

That's not even a trade Chicago has a problem making as far as I'm concerned. Both those guys are on the way out after this season, if not before. And that package is SOO much better than New Jersey's.

This is New Jersey's package compared to what we would have sent:

Volchenkov, Regin, O'Brien, first 2010

I'm sorry, but if we would have swung that deal, we'd be having a riot over here about how badly we ripped that guy off.

126Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not bad at all for the Devils. Bergfors is a strong prospect/player, Oduya is great, Cormier has good potential and the 1st is a 1st. Not too shabby.

I think the Devils can lock up Kovalchuk to be Parise's winger for the next...15 years.

127Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:39 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Not bad at all for the Devils. Bergfors is a strong prospect/player, Oduya is great, Cormier has good potential and the 1st is a 1st. Not too shabby.

I think the Devils can lock up Kovalchuk to be Parise's winger for the next...15 years.

Kovalchuk, Parise, Elias, Langenbrunner, Rolston etc. etc. are all wingers.

NJ's problem is that the best centres they can offer are Zajac and Zubrus.

128Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:39 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Not bad at all for the Devils. Bergfors is a strong prospect/player, Oduya is great, Cormier has good potential and the 1st is a 1st. Not too shabby.

I disagree, I think this is a disaster for Atlanta. Waddell had one chance to get this right, and he blew it...big time.

I am on record right now when I say this: the Atlanta Thrashers will be playing somewhere else within the next five years.

They can't sustain the team there when they don't have any players on the team anyone wants to watch. And with their holding pattern of mediocrity, they are going to lose more money than ever. This is a trainwreck about to unfold in front of everyone's eyes, and the only person to blame is Waddell.

129Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
I disagree, I think this is a disaster for Atlanta. Waddell had one chance to get this right, and he blew it...big time.

I am on record right now when I say this: the Atlanta Thrashers will be playing somewhere else within the next five years.

They can't sustain the team there when they don't have any players on the team anyone wants to watch. And with their holding pattern of mediocrity, they are going to lose more money than ever. This is a trainwreck about to unfold in front of everyone's eyes, and the only person to blame is Waddell.

You think they blew this one? I'm not for sure, I keep think that Cormier was someone NJ obviously wanted out, that's what's bugging me about this. I thought it would be Teneby, Bergfors and Jacobsson (I still have no idea Laugh1 ), they got Bergfors, Oduya (excellent), Cormier, and a 1st (close to Jacobsson's value I would guess). It lines up okay. Should have pushed for Tenenby though, that was the key.

130Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 pm

PKC wrote:
hemlock wrote:

They'd have done better taking Chicago's castoffs: Barker + Versteeg + first 2010

That's not even a trade Chicago has a problem making as far as I'm concerned. Both those guys are on the way out after this season, if not before. And that package is SOO much better than New Jersey's.

This is New Jersey's package compared to what we would have sent:

Volchenkov, Regin, O'Brien, first 2010

I'm sorry, but if we would have swung that deal, we'd be having a riot over here about how badly we ripped that guy off.

Who says that Chicago deal was on the table? Who says Chicago was even seriously in it? Is there a confirmation of this somewhere? I'll agree that it's better but I don't think it's "SOO" much better. Oduya is a better defenceman that Barker, plain and simple. Versteeg is better than Bergfors, but Bergfors has some scoring prowess and had been successful in that regard - under Lemaire. In a more offensive system he could flourish. The 1st...well that's a toss up, but I'll say that NJ's will be slightly better. Then you throw in the prospect from NJ and it makes it that much closer. The problem most people have with this deal is ATL getting a bunch of "no-names" I think.

And no, I wouldn't be saying we ripped ATL off for that package. I'd be pretty choked that we traded all that away for a guy we probably won't re-sign.

131Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

Zajac's perfect for that top line, but they'll need to make another two moves now. One for a depth D-man and one for a center. They appear to be 'all in' this year, so we can expect more moves I'm sure.

132Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:45 pm

asq2 wrote:

Technically, Parise is a centreman.

133Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:46 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Zajac's perfect for that top line, but they'll need to make another two moves now. One for a depth D-man and one for a center. They appear to be 'all in' this year, so we can expect more moves I'm sure.

All in is right. Like I said, I think Lou is gearing up for one last kick at the can with Marty. He know's he's going to need some firepower to get out of the East. Good on him. I like this deal for both sides....for the Senators, not so much.

134Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:54 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Good trade for both. Offence sells, so maybe people will actually show up at a Devils game?

135Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll reserve judgement because it's so hard to tell, but I certainly think Bergfors can be quite good. Oduya is crazy underrated, I'm actually surprised they let him go. We'll see...

NJ obviously isn't done though.

136Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=734331

Wow, incredible.

137Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:12 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

What are you guys smoking? (I mean, some of you).

1/ SpezD, It's JoSEFson. SEF, like S E F Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 270956 .
2/ PKC, he's a rental, man. Bergfors is a 0.5 PPG rookie. He's 6 pts behind Tavares playing on the 3rd line. I don't know if you have watched this guy play but he will probably get 70 points in 2 years.
Then you have Cormier, who despite being a dickhead, can probably be that mean SOB power forward who can get 50/60 points a year.
Oduya is very good, and a 1st is a 1st.
All of that for 30/40 games of Kovalchuk... GMs won't sell their franchise for a rental, that's it, that's all.

If Waddel had a better offer he would have taken it.

You would have given Volchie, Regin, Zack Smith and a 1st for 30/40 games of Kovalchuk?

138Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:14 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I sorta called this with kinda chilling accuracy:

Elias, Oduya, Bergfors, Clarkson and Cormier for

Kovalchuk, Cheddar Armstrong, Kubina and Oystrick

Kovalchuk trade watch - Page 9 49849

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum: