GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kovalchuk trade watch

+19
benIII24III
sens4win
Hockeyhero22000
AlfieisGod11
Bramlet07
M_Christopher
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Hoags
Riprock
asq2
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
PKC
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

1Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Kovalchuk trade watch Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:22 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

So I'm hearing a couple of things:

1. I saw on HF that a user heard Denis Potvin announce on XM radio that the Devils had acquired Kovalchuk. No details yet.

2. Twitter is abuzz with rumours that the Flyers are making a serious pitch for him.

Take these for what it's worth. But last time I heard a buzz like this, Phaneuf ended up in Toronto.

2Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:28 am

Who does NJ have to offer? Zajac must be going the other way...

3Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:13 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalfie wrote:Who does NJ have to offer? Zajac must be going the other way...

Or not...

4Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh...I won't lie, it's perfect. Tenenby, Bergfors, the swede they got in this draft Johnsson or whatever. Those are the pieces need - no other picks or roster players required.

Kovalchuk and...another small piece. Armstrong...that would do it.

5Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:24 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh...I won't lie, it's perfect. Tenenby, Bergfors, the swede they got in this draft Johnsson or whatever. Those are the pieces need - no other picks or roster players required.

I think they would definitely want Armstrong and might sacrifice Clarkson to get him.

6Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Oh...I won't lie, it's perfect. Tenenby, Bergfors, the swede they got in this draft Johnsson or whatever. Those are the pieces need - no other picks or roster players required.

I think they would definitely want Armstrong and might sacrifice Clarkson to get him.

You don't think that package of three highly touted prospects is enough to land both? I think that's fair on both sides personally. You?

7Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:26 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Josefsson. Kovalchuk trade watch Icon_wink

Yeah, I don't see how it could be Zajac. Then the Devils would have insane winger depth (Kovy, Parise, Elias etc.) but no centres to play them with.

Here's hoping these reports are false and Kovalchuk is going out West, though.

8Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:28 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

You don't think that package of three highly touted prospects is enough to land both? I think that's fair on both sides personally. You?

I don't think a "fair" deal is in the cards for Kovalchuk. But I do think what you're saying is fair.

9Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

Josefsson. Kovalchuk trade watch Icon_wink

Yeah, I don't see how it could be Zajac. Then the Devils would have insane winger depth (Kovy, Parise, Elias etc.) but no centres to play them with.

Here's hoping these reports are false and Kovalchuk is going out West, though.

Yeah, me too.

10Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:00 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

My bet is LA, but I firmly believe NYR will offer an assload of money for him, and somehow land Lecavalier (so long as they are successful in taking Drury, Redden and Roszisval off their cap). NYR will further cement themselves as a team that consistently tries to buy a winning team by overpaying and making themselves a one line team.

11Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:05 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

The salary cap put an end to the Rangers' attempts to buy the cup.

It's not surprising that anytime someone on HFboards proposes that the cap be removed, it's a Rangers fan Smile

12Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:06 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They still try and still do. They pay a lot of money for a few players, only to lose their young players because they cannot afford them. Dubinsky will be the next casualty.

13Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

my guess is kovalchuk goes to LA too. i don't see lou overpaying for a rental. if the deal was a resigned lova... then all hell would brake lose.
i don't think we should fear him getting traded west or east. he's not managed to be the difference so far with atlanta, why would that change now? only on an unbelievably stacked up team ca we say oh no... like the caps.

14Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:31 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

LA is my top guess for obvious reasons (space and assets).

Apparently Waddel has been scouting the Isles - maybe they make a push for him? Could offer up DeHaan/Hammonic, and/or Hunter?

15Kovalchuk trade watch Empty Re: Kovalchuk trade watch Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:24 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fuel to the NJD fire from Bob McKenzie:

Dudley at Lowell game tonight + Waddell at NJ/Kings + Dudley also at NJ/Leafs. SOMETHING is up!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum