GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who does BM trade?

+15
jamvan
Vandelay
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
wprager
beerandsens
asq2
PTFlea
SensGirl11
LethalLehner
SensFan71
LeCaptain
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
spader
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

91Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:42 pm

Jordo wrote:
jamvan wrote:
I'm glad someone can see things for what they are. I don't give a Dung about stats as long as teh team is winning and they are. Like you said, Cheechoo's game has been fine. You can never say this guy doesn't come to play. Both he and Spezza will get their goals, I'm not too worried about that.

My question is, "Why do Ottawa fans always have to talk trade?". It just gets tiresome sometimes.

Because the world is full of armchair GMs, who can never be happy with the makeup of a team.

Well said. And I apologize for going the trade route in my last post. A person can dream though...

92Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Kovalfie wrote:

Do you think he'll even reach that many? I mean, we've set him up playing with two elite players and he's still not producing. Thinking to the end of the season, I can see Spezza and Michalek putting up numbers in the 80-90 point range, but I just can't see Cheechoo putting up similar numbers, maybe 40-50 at the absolute most. People say he was a victim of San Jose's depth last year but I just can't buy into that. Cheechoo is a product of the Joe Thornton effect the same way Glen Murray and Mike Knuble were and Devon Setoguchi will be. Heatley will have a career year this year I can guarantee it (barring some sort of freak injury)

I don't want to start speculating and throwing outlandish rumors out there but I would almost look to LA to see if we can work something out for Frolov; something along the lines of Zubov, Cheechoo and a 2nd for Frolov and a conditional pick. I don't think Cheechoo is going to work out here and his and Frolov's cap hits are virtually the same. Zubov isn't cracking this roster any time soon and he might get a look in LA if he doesn't take off to/stay in the KHL.

We aren't even 10 games in... can we please hold off on the non-producing comments? Our team is winning. As N4L mentioned earlier, Spezz only has 4 points, and no goals. Cheech and Spezz will come around. If we were losing games and not producing, then you can complain and point those guys out, but we're doing fine, so let's relax.

93Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:44 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:People have absolutely no long term vision. If people want a fridge team with quick fixes, big UFA signings, over hyped players, turn left or turn right, you can find one on either side of Ottawa.

Ottawa and Murray are doing things correctly, making smart decisions, letting the guys that dont want to be here go (even if it's less then "market value") and building a real team.

People already forgot Murray brought in Leclaire, like WTF? That might be the best trade for any team in the last 3 or 4 years. He added perhaps a top 5 goaltender in the league!
No kidding, the LeClair deal was a complete steal on our part. Right up there with the Yashin deal.

94Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:45 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:People have absolutely no long term vision. If people want a fridge team with quick fixes, big UFA signings, over hyped players, turn left or turn right, you can find one on either side of Ottawa.

Ottawa and Murray are doing things correctly, making smart decisions, letting the guys that dont want to be here go (even if it's less then "market value") and building a real team.

People already forgot Murray brought in Leclaire, like WTF? That might be the best trade for any team in the last 3 or 4 years. He added perhaps a top 5 goaltender in the league!

You just perfectly described Glen Sather's strategy.

95Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Well said. Murray doesn't get enough kudos in tehse parts.

Just a week ago I was at a function of about 30 people where Melnyk was the speaker. At question period I said to him, rather than a question I said "Thank you!" . Thank you for everything he has done, does and gives this city. He was a little taken a back, but he does know who I am now, as he came up to me to introduce himself personally after that and thanked me back.

Murray is doing what we wanted him to do, but in a real short period of time.

Awesome, I love it.

96Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:47 pm

jamvan wrote:

No kidding, the LeClair deal was a complete steal on our part. Right up there with the Yashin deal.

I cant in good conscience call it a steal because Vermette has worked out very well in Columbus and they are playing great hockey. He fits right in there and was the right player to aquire for them.

The being said, if you told me by trading Vermette you would get a true number 1 and perhaps the best goaltending prospect in the world in Lehner, I would say ok, sure, then offer the other GM some more crack.

Vermette in Columbus is a def win for them, they had a spare part we needed.

97Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:48 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I think the Yashin trade could very well go down as THE worst trade in NHL history. Perhaps next to the Lindros trade.

98Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:48 pm

Jordo wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

Do you think he'll even reach that many? I mean, we've set him up playing with two elite players and he's still not producing. Thinking to the end of the season, I can see Spezza and Michalek putting up numbers in the 80-90 point range, but I just can't see Cheechoo putting up similar numbers, maybe 40-50 at the absolute most. People say he was a victim of San Jose's depth last year but I just can't buy into that. Cheechoo is a product of the Joe Thornton effect the same way Glen Murray and Mike Knuble were and Devon Setoguchi will be. Heatley will have a career year this year I can guarantee it (barring some sort of freak injury)

I don't want to start speculating and throwing outlandish rumors out there but I would almost look to LA to see if we can work something out for Frolov; something along the lines of Zubov, Cheechoo and a 2nd for Frolov and a conditional pick. I don't think Cheechoo is going to work out here and his and Frolov's cap hits are virtually the same. Zubov isn't cracking this roster any time soon and he might get a look in LA if he doesn't take off to/stay in the KHL.

We aren't even 10 games in... can we please hold off on the non-producing comments? Our team is winning. As N4L mentioned earlier, Spezz only has 4 points, and no goals. Cheech and Spezz will come around. If we were losing games and not producing, then you can complain and point those guys out, but we're doing fine, so let's relax.

You're absolutely right. It is too early to point guys out. While I do my best to give credit to those who get paid based on things other than points, I strongly feel that someone who is being counted on to score goals should be scoring goals. I'm the product of the simple NHL 10 trade quick fixes.

99Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Jordo wrote:I think the Yashin trade could very well go down as THE worst trade in NHL history. Perhaps next to the Lindros trade.

Lindros got Philly to the finals and years of playoff hockey, Yashin got bought out and is on the books for 8 years, I think that's the big difference right there.

The Yashin deal was 100% the worst/best trade in NHL history.

100Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Jordo wrote:I think the Yashin trade could very well go down as THE worst trade in NHL history. Perhaps next to the Lindros trade.

I dunno. Olli Jokinen and Roberto Luongo for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha was a pretty bad trade.

Can we agree that Mike Milbury is the worst GM in NHL history?

101Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Kovalfie wrote:
Jordo wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

You're absolutely right. It is too early to point guys out. While I do my best to give credit to those who get paid based on things other than points, I strongly feel that someone who is being counted on to score goals should be scoring goals. I'm the product of the simple NHL 10 trade quick fixes.

Ill never say that again after having Heatley ere the last 2 years.

Cheechoo is playing solid and I'm good with what he is bringing.

102Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:52 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I cant in good conscience call it a steal because Vermette has worked out very well in Columbus and they are playing great hockey. He fits right in there and was the right player to aquire for them.

The being said, if you told me by trading Vermette you would get a true number 1 and perhaps the best goaltending prospect in the world in Lehner, I would say ok, sure, then offer the other GM some more crack.

Vermette is fine, I aways liked him and always will, but a golatender these days is much harder to find than a chacking winger who scores on average 40 points a season.

Didn't we get a 2nd rounder in the deal too?

103Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Kovalfie wrote:

I dunno. Olli Jokinen and Roberto Luongo for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha was a pretty bad trade.

I dont think anyone ever doubted that for a second.

104Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:53 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Kovalfie wrote:

Haha he's definitely up there. I'll definitely give him worst broadcaster/personality in NHL history. Honorable mention to Bob Cole and Harry Neale, and Guy Carbonneau after the weekend.

105Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:53 pm

jamvan wrote:
N4L wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Vermette is fine, I aways liked him and always will, but a golatender these days is much harder to find than a chacking winger who scores on average 40 points a season.

Didn't we get a 2nd rounder in the deal too?

That second rounder became Robin lehner

106Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:53 pm

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Kovalfie wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:I still would like to give more evaluation time to Cheechoo before deciding if he should be traded or not, he has only 2 assists so far I know, but the effort has been there and he is doing the small things right, the rest will fall in place. he will not be scoring 56 goals again anytime soon, but 20 to 25 is fine by me.

I doubt we can get anything for Cheechoo right now, and especially not Frolov. You say he's not producing with two elite players but don't forget, one of those two elite players is also not producing. Gotta give it some time. As many have already said, once he gets the first one, the flood gates might open up for him. In all honesty, even if that doesn't happen, I'm okay with the 40-50 point range you've slotted him into, as long as he keeps working hard. It's nice to have a grinder with a guy like Spezza that can (and I believe will) pot some goals when he's setup. He's not a 50 goal guy but, he's better than I expected.

107Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:54 pm

Jordo wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

Haha he's definitely up there. I'll definitely give him worst broadcaster/personality in NHL history. Honorable mention to Bob Cole and Harry Neale, and Guy Carbonneau after the weekend.

Guy was terrible. I couldn't believe it

108Who does BM trade? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:54 pm

Ya, I mentioned that up there earlier.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum