GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who does BM trade?

+15
jamvan
Vandelay
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
wprager
beerandsens
asq2
PTFlea
SensGirl11
LethalLehner
SensFan71
LeCaptain
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
spader
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Who does BM trade? Empty Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:17 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

With Shannon, Regin, Donovan, Kelly, Winchester, and Karlsson(2-way)/Picard/Campoli all fighting it out for roster spots, who do think BM is making calls about right now? Who do you think will get traded/waived/sent down? Someone has to go and any of them would almost immediately get picked up on the waiver wire. What happens next?

Last edited by spader on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupidity)

2Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:28 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According to capgeek.com Karlsson is on a two-way deal. I wonder if BM doesn't like any of the potential deals if he doesn't just take the simple route of sending Karlsson to Bingo to make room for Kuba and reduce the roster size that way?

- Unknown Author

3Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:30 am

I would say Kelly, Shannon, and Campoli are the 3 likely candidates right now. A lot of teams struggling to score in The West and Murray might be able to get a draft pick or two to move up in this years draft if need be.

4Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:31 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:According to capgeek.com Karlsson is on a two-way deal. I wonder if BM doesn't like any of the potential deals if he doesn't just take the simple route of sending Karlsson to Bingo to make room for Kuba and reduce the roster size that way?

My bad, that's what I meant. I was trying to single him out as the only player in that list that can be sent down.

Even with EK going to Bingo, what about the forward situation with Shannon and Winch not having spots on the current roster once everyone's healthy?

5Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:32 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:According to capgeek.com Karlsson is on a two-way deal. I wonder if BM doesn't like any of the potential deals if he doesn't just take the simple route of sending Karlsson to Bingo to make room for Kuba and reduce the roster size that way?

Sens seem bent on keeping Karlsson here and let him develop in the NHL, still doesn't sound like that's in the card.

Campoli will probably sit.

6Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:34 am

spader wrote:

My bad, that's what I meant. I was trying to single him out as the only player in that list that can be sent down.

Even with EK going to Bingo, what about the forward situation with Shannon and Winch not having spots on the current roster once everyone's healthy?

Karlsson isnt going anywhere. What he can learn in the AHL is minimal because of how dominate he will be. What they want him to learn he is going to have to struggle with at first, it's as simple as that. You learn from your mistakes just like in school.

7Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:34 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:I would say Kelly, Shannon, and Campoli are the 3 likely candidates right now. A lot of teams struggling to score in The West and Murray might be able to get a draft pick or two to move up in this years draft if need be.

Really? Kelly? I'm surprised. I can't decide, but I think Kelly has proved his worth on the 4th line. I know he's expensive for that role, but still.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Shannon and Campoli (unless EK goes down) traded, but that still leaves Winch without a spot. That means either Kelly, Dono, or Winch get traded/scratched.

8Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:34 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:

Sens seem bent on keeping Karlsson here and let him develop in the NHL, still doesn't sound like that's in the card.

Campoli will probably sit.

You're probably right. I was only thinking that would be a possible scenario if he can't make a deal or really dislikes the offers he's getting.

- Unknown Author

9Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:37 am

spader wrote:
N4L wrote:I would say Kelly, Shannon, and Campoli are the 3 likely candidates right now. A lot of teams struggling to score in The West and Murray might be able to get a draft pick or two to move up in this years draft if need be.

Really? Kelly? I'm surprised. I can't decide, but I think Kelly has proved his worth on the 4th line. I know he's expensive for that role, but still.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Shannon and Campoli (unless EK goes down) traded, but that still leaves Winch without a spot. That means either Kelly, Dono, or Winch get traded/scratched.

I was just saying Kelly has engraved himself in the lineup as that 4th line center, he's been great. 2.1 mil is a hefty price tag though. I really think Campoli and Shannon will be the odds guys out, they have both been garbage thus far. They looked good on an awful team and look awful on a good team.

Kelly showing his worth again... 2.1 mil is just tough to take, but if Neil is worth 2 I guess Kelly is worth 2.1...

10Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:37 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

If there is only one extra forward, after the dust settles, then it'll most likely be Dono and Winch taking turns in the press box IMO.

- Unknown Author

11Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:40 am

I dont see Dono coming out honestly but if they wanna get Winchester in there then they gotta I guess... Cant take out Ruutu or Kelly at this point both have been great.

12Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:44 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:I dont see Dono coming out honestly but if they wanna get Winchester in there then they gotta I guess... Cant take out Ruutu or Kelly at this point both have been great.

That's why I didn't include Ruutu in the list of players at the top of the thread. I only included Kelly because his name is one of the first I usually hear when Sens trade talks start up.

13Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:46 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:I dont see Dono coming out honestly but if they wanna get Winchester in there then they gotta I guess... Cant take out Ruutu or Kelly at this point both have been great.

Don't get me wrong. I want Dono to stay in as well. I just think that at some point, if It's Winch in the press box that Dono will likely be the guy to sit out to get Winch back in and they'll take turns through out the year if we only have one extra forward on the roster.

- Unknown Author

14Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:48 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Shannon is probably going to be traded, but until everybody's healthy for al ong period of time, I don't see why should we trade anybody now, unless we can get a 2nd rounder.

15Who does BM trade? Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:49 am

We have 1 forward too many, so something is going to give there. 13 is plenty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum