GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who does BM trade?

+15
jamvan
Vandelay
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
wprager
beerandsens
asq2
PTFlea
SensGirl11
LethalLehner
SensFan71
LeCaptain
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
spader
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

61Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:47 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:
N4L wrote:What would you add in Ottawa? Goalie? Nope. Forward? No need. D man, maaaaaaybe, but even then I think they stay the course with what they have and they let the young kids learn on the job.

Elite scorer?

Had one. Didn't get us far when we got to the finals. We still have a fw people who can (and have) potted 30+ goals (Spezza, Alfredsson, Kovalev), a few more who have done 20+ (Fisher, Michalek), a former 50+ goal scorer whose pilot light seems to have gone out, and players who have shown an upside (from projections over a quarter-to-a-half season) of getting close to 20 (Foligno, Regin). Plus our 4th liners are probably good for 10-12 goals each.

62Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:56 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

If I may jump in as the new guy, but I would say as a passionate fan the only way I trade Kelly right now (or anyone really) is if it's a deal the Sens just can't turn down...IE Weber for Kelly or something like that.

Otherwise, play'em all and hope that Kelly really does have a big season. His trade value will be that much higher and it will be easy to unload him in the offseason with a lot more return.

63Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

BM to be on hockey central in a few minutes....listen live....
http://www.fan590.com/

64Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:If I may jump in as the new guy, but I would say as a passionate fan the only way I trade Kelly right now (or anyone really) is if it's a deal the Sens just can't turn down...IE Weber for Kelly or something like that.

Otherwise, play'em all and hope that Kelly really does have a big season. His trade value will be that much higher and it will be easy to unload him in the offseason with a lot more return.

Bingo. That's the mentality we need to have right now. Next summer? We'll see. Now, status quo unless someone gets too comfortable, but with the influx of depth, that's not really an option any more.

Geez...the Sens were a country club in years past, weren't they?

PS Welcome aboard Devo. I'd put a cool smiley there....but.... Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Icon_sad I can't.

65Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:25 pm

Sens could very well be a 7-2 team by Saturday night, there is absolutely no reason to make a trade, NOOONE.

Getting Regin into the lineup will also just improve things that much more as well. Shannon is defently out on Thursday if Regin is ready to go. Glad he got a good week off to heal up. He's worked his Donkey off to make that team from camp and probably could use the rest he had. Needs to play well to stick though.

66Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:05 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Sens could quite realistically end October with a 10 - 2 record. BTW it was mentioned on team1200 that Elliott will start one of the next two games ie he starts vs. Nashville. No way they start Elliott in a Saturday night home tilt vs. the B's.

- Unknown Author

67Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:09 pm

Ya, I would throw Elliott in there vs Nashville. Let Leclaire handle the B's on a Saturday night tilt.

68Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Ya, I would throw Elliott in there vs Nashville. Let Leclaire handle the B's on a Saturday night tilt.

Elliott will never be Marty Brodeur.

69Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:21 pm

N4L wrote:Ya, I would throw Elliott in there vs Nashville. Let Leclaire handle the B's on a Saturday night tilt.

I'd prefer that Leclerc didn't have to wait a week between starts but I guess we're forced to start him against the B's.

Was it Leclerc or Elliot in nets against the B's in the pre-season?

70Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:32 pm

Think it was Leclaire... but ya, you could be right there but still, Leclaire having a week off after a long stretch of games, not so bad.

It can go either way and I dont think people will really blink.

71Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:39 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:

I'd prefer that Leclaire didn't have to wait a week between starts but I guess we're forced to start him against the B's.

Was it Leclaire or Elliot in nets against the B's in the pre-season?

That might be your preference but, according to what Clouston told the Team1200, Elliott will start in one of the next two games. Assuming nothing changes, and Clouston is telling the truth, It is most likely Nashville when we see Elliott next. Simple deductive reasoning on my part.

- Unknown Author

72Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Carkner will never be Ray Bourque.

- Unknown Author

73Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:43 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The Sens could quite realistically end October with a 10 - 2 record. BTW it was mentioned on team1200 that Elliott will start one of the next two games ie he starts vs. Nashville. No way they start Elliott in a Saturday night home tilt vs. the B's.

This will be a lesser B's team that Elliott will face as well, so I have no fear about Elliott beating them, they are minus Lucic and Kobasew and we are better defensively than we were last year, regardless if it is Elliott or Leclaire, Ottawa should take that game on Saturday.

74Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Actually, this reminds me of the other night on the Team 990. The Name Dropper was being corrected on the pronunciation of "Lucic" by a caller. Some poor old guy of Serbian descent. McGuire gave him the "how dare you correct me" treatment and the old-timer was summarily gassed. Pure class.

75Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Actually, this reminds me of the other night on the Team 990. The Name Dropper was being corrected on the pronunciation of "Lucic" by a caller. Some poor old guy of Serbian descent. McGuire gave him the "how dare you correct me" treatment and the old-timer was summarily gassed. Pure class.

he was lucky he was never tarred and feathered for treating the name dropper that way, wars have been started for doing less than that. Who does BM trade? - Page 5 805406 Who does BM trade? - Page 5 605651

76Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:Actually, this reminds me of the other night on the Team 990. The Name Dropper was being corrected on the pronunciation of "Lucic" by a caller. Some poor old guy of Serbian descent. McGuire gave him the "how dare you correct me" treatment and the old-timer was summarily gassed. Pure class.

he was lucky he was never tarred and feathered for treating the name dropper that way, wars have been started for doing less than that. Who does BM trade? - Page 5 805406 Who does BM trade? - Page 5 605651[/quote]

It was actually pretty sickening come to think of it.

77Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:07 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Actually, this reminds me of the other night on the Team 990. The Name Dropper was being corrected on the pronunciation of "Lucic" by a caller. Some poor old guy of Serbian descent. McGuire gave him the "how dare you correct me" treatment and the old-timer was summarily gassed. Pure class.

he was lucky he was never tarred and feathered for treating the name dropper that way, wars have been started for doing less than that. Who does BM trade? - Page 5 805406 Who does BM trade? - Page 5 605651

It was actually pretty sickening come to think of it.[/quote]

that will be the only really brutal thing about watching the Habs thrashed by the Thrashers tonight, seeing that cueball between the benches, I will give Laracque 5 bucks and a pack of smokes if he punches McGuire on the way back to the bench, only good thing Laracque is good for anyway Who does BM trade? - Page 5 812636

78Who does BM trade? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:18 pm

I guess with the Carkner signing, Brian Lee shouldn't be expecting a call-up any time soon with both Cowen and Wiercioch coming up in the next 1-2 years?

I guess we add him to the list of players that BM could trade:

-Cheechoo
-Kelly
-Shannon
-Lee
-Campoli
-Zubov
-Donovan
-Picard

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next