GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who does BM trade?

+15
jamvan
Vandelay
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
wprager
beerandsens
asq2
PTFlea
SensGirl11
LethalLehner
SensFan71
LeCaptain
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
spader
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

76Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:Actually, this reminds me of the other night on the Team 990. The Name Dropper was being corrected on the pronunciation of "Lucic" by a caller. Some poor old guy of Serbian descent. McGuire gave him the "how dare you correct me" treatment and the old-timer was summarily gassed. Pure class.

he was lucky he was never tarred and feathered for treating the name dropper that way, wars have been started for doing less than that. Who does BM trade? - Page 6 805406 Who does BM trade? - Page 6 605651[/quote]

It was actually pretty sickening come to think of it.

77Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:07 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Actually, this reminds me of the other night on the Team 990. The Name Dropper was being corrected on the pronunciation of "Lucic" by a caller. Some poor old guy of Serbian descent. McGuire gave him the "how dare you correct me" treatment and the old-timer was summarily gassed. Pure class.

he was lucky he was never tarred and feathered for treating the name dropper that way, wars have been started for doing less than that. Who does BM trade? - Page 6 805406 Who does BM trade? - Page 6 605651

It was actually pretty sickening come to think of it.[/quote]

that will be the only really brutal thing about watching the Habs thrashed by the Thrashers tonight, seeing that cueball between the benches, I will give Laracque 5 bucks and a pack of smokes if he punches McGuire on the way back to the bench, only good thing Laracque is good for anyway Who does BM trade? - Page 6 812636

78Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:18 pm

I guess with the Carkner signing, Brian Lee shouldn't be expecting a call-up any time soon with both Cowen and Wiercioch coming up in the next 1-2 years?

I guess we add him to the list of players that BM could trade:

-Cheechoo
-Kelly
-Shannon
-Lee
-Campoli
-Zubov
-Donovan
-Picard

79Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:20 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I still would like to give more evaluation time to Cheechoo before deciding if he should be traded or not, he has only 2 assists so far I know, but the effort has been there and he is doing the small things right, the rest will fall in place. he will not be scoring 56 goals again anytime soon, but 20 to 25 is fine by me.

80Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:23 pm

Cheechoo has been playing good hockey. He's been involved, he's skating well, playing on both sides of the puck, and he's getting chances.

If people want to look at his goals, well, Spezza doenst have any either with a lot of PP time... don't hear me complaing about that? Cheechoo will score his fair share.

81Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:I still would like to give more evaluation time to Cheechoo before deciding if he should be traded or not, he has only 2 assists so far I know, but the effort has been there and he is doing the small things right, the rest will fall in place. he will not be scoring 56 goals again anytime soon, but 20 to 25 is fine by me.

Me too. He's playing really hard as well - I like that. And is it me, or has his skating steadily improved? I like him to hit 20 goals as well - and that's fine. Maybe more if he can stick on Spezza's line, but I'm okay with 1 goal in every 4 games.

We were also told that he was streaky as all hell by SJ fans, so he'll explode at some point I would imagine and go for it.

I can't wait for him to net one actually, it'll take a lot of weight off him and off Spezza as well I think.

82Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just a matter of when, not if. Would be nice if it was soon, though.

83Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Just a matter of when, not if. Would be nice if it was soon, though.

By soon...you mean Thursday? Who does BM trade? - Page 6 805406

84Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:29 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:Cheechoo has been playing good hockey. He's been involved, he's skating well, playing on both sides of the puck, and he's getting chances.

If people want to look at his goals, well, Spezza doenst have any either with a lot of PP time... don't hear me complaing about that? Cheechoo will score his fair share.
I'm glad someone can see things for what they are. I don't give a Dung about stats as long as teh team is winning and they are. Like you said, Cheechoo's game has been fine. You can never say this guy doesn't come to play. Both he and Spezza will get their goals, I'm not too worried about that.

My question is, "Why do Ottawa fans always have to talk trade?". It just gets tiresome sometimes.

85Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Ah, there are some they need a trade, but instead of a trade we get a GREAT signing like Carkner and some (not on GM where the smart Sens fan flocks) people Wing Dang Doodle.

What's going on in Ottawa right now is great and what Murray has done considering what he was left to work is nothing short of turning water into wine.

86Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:38 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:Ah, there are some they need a trade, but instead of a trade we get a GREAT signing like Carkner and some (not on GM where the smart Sens fan flocks) people Wing Dang Doodle.

What's going on in Ottawa right now is great and what Murray has done considering what he was left to work is nothing short of turning water into wine.

Well said. Murray doesn't get enough kudos in tehse parts.

Just a week ago I was at a function of about 30 people where Melnyk was the speaker. At question period I said to him, rather than a question I said "Thank you!" . Thank you for everything he has done, does and gives this city. He was a little taken a back, but he does know who I am now, as he came up to me to introduce himself personally after that and thanked me back.

Murray is doing what we wanted him to do, but in a real short period of time.

87Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:39 pm

SensFan71 wrote:I still would like to give more evaluation time to Cheechoo before deciding if he should be traded or not, he has only 2 assists so far I know, but the effort has been there and he is doing the small things right, the rest will fall in place. he will not be scoring 56 goals again anytime soon, but 20 to 25 is fine by me.

Do you think he'll even reach that many? I mean, we've set him up playing with two elite players and he's still not producing. Thinking to the end of the season, I can see Spezza and Michalek putting up numbers in the 80-90 point range, but I just can't see Cheechoo putting up similar numbers, maybe 40-50 at the absolute most. People say he was a victim of San Jose's depth last year but I just can't buy into that. Cheechoo is a product of the Joe Thornton effect the same way Glen Murray and Mike Knuble were and Devon Setoguchi will be. Heatley will have a career year this year I can guarantee it (barring some sort of freak injury)

I don't want to start speculating and throwing outlandish rumors out there but I would almost look to LA to see if we can work something out for Frolov; something along the lines of Zubov, Cheechoo and a 2nd for Frolov and a conditional pick. I don't think Cheechoo is going to work out here and his and Frolov's cap hits are virtually the same. Zubov isn't cracking this roster any time soon and he might get a look in LA if he doesn't take off to/stay in the KHL.

88Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:39 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

jamvan wrote:
I'm glad someone can see things for what they are. I don't give a Dung about stats as long as teh team is winning and they are. Like you said, Cheechoo's game has been fine. You can never say this guy doesn't come to play. Both he and Spezza will get their goals, I'm not too worried about that.

My question is, "Why do Ottawa fans always have to talk trade?". It just gets tiresome sometimes.

Because the world is full of armchair GMs, who can never be happy with the makeup of a team.

89Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:41 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

jamvan wrote:

Well said. Murray doesn't get enough kudos in tehse parts.

Just a week ago I was at a function of about 30 people where Melnyk was the speaker. At question period I said to him, rather than a question I said "Thank you!" . Thank you for everything he has done, does and gives this city. He was a little taken a back, but he does know who I am now, as he came up to me to introduce himself personally after that and thanked me back.

Murray is doing what we wanted him to do, but in a real short period of time.

That's a really cool story man, way to go.

90Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:41 pm

People have absolutely no long term vision. If people want a fridge team with quick fixes, big UFA signings, over hyped players, turn left or turn right, you can find one on either side of Ottawa.

Ottawa and Murray are doing things correctly, making smart decisions, letting the guys that dont want to be here go (even if it's less then "market value") and building a real team.

People already forgot Murray brought in Leclaire, like WTF? That might be the best trade for any team in the last 3 or 4 years. He added perhaps a top 5 goaltender in the league!

91Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:42 pm

Jordo wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Because the world is full of armchair GMs, who can never be happy with the makeup of a team.

Well said. And I apologize for going the trade route in my last post. A person can dream though...

92Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Kovalfie wrote:

Do you think he'll even reach that many? I mean, we've set him up playing with two elite players and he's still not producing. Thinking to the end of the season, I can see Spezza and Michalek putting up numbers in the 80-90 point range, but I just can't see Cheechoo putting up similar numbers, maybe 40-50 at the absolute most. People say he was a victim of San Jose's depth last year but I just can't buy into that. Cheechoo is a product of the Joe Thornton effect the same way Glen Murray and Mike Knuble were and Devon Setoguchi will be. Heatley will have a career year this year I can guarantee it (barring some sort of freak injury)

I don't want to start speculating and throwing outlandish rumors out there but I would almost look to LA to see if we can work something out for Frolov; something along the lines of Zubov, Cheechoo and a 2nd for Frolov and a conditional pick. I don't think Cheechoo is going to work out here and his and Frolov's cap hits are virtually the same. Zubov isn't cracking this roster any time soon and he might get a look in LA if he doesn't take off to/stay in the KHL.

We aren't even 10 games in... can we please hold off on the non-producing comments? Our team is winning. As N4L mentioned earlier, Spezz only has 4 points, and no goals. Cheech and Spezz will come around. If we were losing games and not producing, then you can complain and point those guys out, but we're doing fine, so let's relax.

93Who does BM trade? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:44 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:People have absolutely no long term vision. If people want a fridge team with quick fixes, big UFA signings, over hyped players, turn left or turn right, you can find one on either side of Ottawa.

Ottawa and Murray are doing things correctly, making smart decisions, letting the guys that dont want to be here go (even if it's less then "market value") and building a real team.

People already forgot Murray brought in Leclaire, like WTF? That might be the best trade for any team in the last 3 or 4 years. He added perhaps a top 5 goaltender in the league!
No kidding, the LeClair deal was a complete steal on our part. Right up there with the Yashin deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum