GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

3- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

13- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Empty 3- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:33 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

An idea came to mind:

To SJ:
Meszaros

To Ott:
Cheechoo
Bieksa

To Van:
Vermette

Would...
A) you make the deal?
B) the 2 other teams make the deal?

23- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Empty Re: 3- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:42 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:An idea came to mind:

To SJ:
Meszaros

To Ott:
Cheechoo
Bieksa

To Van:
Vermette

Would...
A) you make the deal?

I'd do that deal, I think Van would but I'm not sure SJ would. They have Boyle already and someone else who's slipped my mind.

33- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Empty Re: 3- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

There's no doubt they have defence in sJ, but as pointed out to me, Lukowich and Blake aren't the speediest of players, and they aren't going to be around forever. With Meszaros you get a young guy with speed, and offense - just a chance he doesn't play this year. They also have Vlasic and Ehrhoff.

43- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Empty Re: 3- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:An idea came to mind:

To SJ:
Meszaros

To Ott:
Cheechoo
Bieksa

To Van:
Vermette

Would...
A) you make the deal?

a)Yes, but I don't love it because we just re-signed Vermette to a beauty of a deal.

b)This may have been possible at the deadline last year. I highly doubt SJ does this now. Cheechoo's signed for free basically and for another 3 years. They're getting ready to challenge for a Cup and if they do, I think Cheechoo will be a big part of it. Vancouver's doomed for another year of losing 2-1, 3-2.

53- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Empty Re: 3- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:40 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Good points. I too like Vermettes contract, but the length scares me. He's surely going to play his best seasons now and hope for a huge raise in 2 years, and with or without Meszaros our defence is questionable. Cheechoo gives us a scoring winger which we need.

I don't necessarily think this trade could hasppen and I certainly wouldn't do Vermette for Bieksa alone, not unless the other deal happens.

63- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Empty Re: 3- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My gut tells me no-way! Cheechoo had one good season, getting 93 points in 82 games. Before that he had 47 in 81, and since the he had 69 (in 76 games) and 37 (in 69).

There are two trends there: missing more and more games, and getting fewer points per game. His career average is 0.7 ppg. Take away that 93 point season and it drops down to 0.578. Last year it was 0.536.

Vermette's career average is 0.468, playing on the third line and killing penalties. His production has also steadily increased, with 0.63 last year.

All the stats indicate that Vermette, playing solid 2nd line minutes (with PP time) will continue to improve, likely getting around 0.7 points per game or more. Cheechoo, on the other hand, is just as likely to get 0.6 or less, unless he has a nice rebound.

I'd rather keep Vermette.

73- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Empty Re: 3- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:21 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'd like to see how Vermette fairs with a full time spot on the top 6. Give him one season then figure it out from there.

83- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Empty Re: 3- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DashRiprock wrote:I'd like to see how Vermette fairs with a full time spot on the top 6. Give him one season then figure it out from there.

Although I must say that Vermette always disappointed me with his overall production, he was playing mostly third line minutes plus PK. And his production continues to improve. You've got to think that he'll get 60 points just from the increased icetime. Add some more assists from playing with better linemates, and PP points, and I can realistically see him getting to 70-75 points.

93- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Empty Re: 3- way trade: Ott - Van - SJ Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:30 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

I wouldn't do it if I am San Jose. I see potential for cheechoo to return to form making him by far the best player in the trade.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum