GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who does BM trade?

+15
jamvan
Vandelay
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
wprager
beerandsens
asq2
PTFlea
SensGirl11
LethalLehner
SensFan71
LeCaptain
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
spader
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

16Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:46 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:I dont see Dono coming out honestly but if they wanna get Winchester in there then they gotta I guess... Cant take out Ruutu or Kelly at this point both have been great.

Don't get me wrong. I want Dono to stay in as well. I just think that at some point, if It's Winch in the press box that Dono will likely be the guy to sit out to get Winch back in and they'll take turns through out the year if we only have one extra forward on the roster.

17Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:48 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Shannon is probably going to be traded, but until everybody's healthy for al ong period of time, I don't see why should we trade anybody now, unless we can get a 2nd rounder.

18Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:49 am

We have 1 forward too many, so something is going to give there. 13 is plenty.

19Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:57 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Shannon and our first to Boston for Toronto's first.

(Sarcasm smiley doesn't work for me, but imagine it here)

20Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think Murray will want to drag this out because I don't think it's a good idea to have players on your team knowing someone WILL be moved it's just a matter of when. Having that go on for a long period of time can't be good for the team.

- Unknown Author

21Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:02 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Murray needs a trading partner, one that will (ideally) give draft picks in return. I imagine clearing salary for A-train is near the top of his list.

22Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:06 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

with Picard being as effective as he has been, Campoli is the odd D-man out when Kuba returns, you don't mess with the other 4 either and Karlsson is best to be paired with Kuba anyway when he comes back. It's get trickier with the forwards however, Dono should stay, not sure if I agree with trading Shannon, but the reality is you can't keep everyone and he is a small forward.

23Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:07 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:with Picard being as effective as he has been, Campoli is the odd D-man out when Kuba returns, you don't mess with the other 4 either and Karlsson is best to be paired with Kuba anyway when he comes back. It's get trickier with the forwards however, Dono should stay, not sure if I agree with trading Shannon, but the reality is you can't keep everyone and he is a small forward.

Guess that means Montreal is calling.

24Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:08 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Karlsson is not going anywhere. Murray has been saying this since the season began. I suspect that Winchester will stay and either Kelly or Donovan will be gone. Winnie is making much less money than Kelly and he is also more physical, in my opinion, than Kelly.

25Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:09 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:with Picard being as effective as he has been, Campoli is the odd D-man out when Kuba returns, you don't mess with the other 4 either and Karlsson is best to be paired with Kuba anyway when he comes back. It's get trickier with the forwards however, Dono should stay, not sure if I agree with trading Shannon, but the reality is you can't keep everyone and he is a small forward.

Guess that means Montreal is calling.

ouch, burn on Montreal, good one Spader Who does BM trade? - Page 2 668437

26Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:45 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Ummm...are you being serious about Shannon? He was one of our better players the last game, he's very consistent, I wouldn't mess with that. He is part of our team, he shouldn't go anywhere. It is a dilemma though...not sure what BM is going to do, but really, it's not a bad situation to be in, we have depth up the wazoo.

27Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:49 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Ummm...are you being serious about Shannon? He was one of our better players the last game, he's very consistent, I wouldn't mess with that. He is part of our team, he shouldn't go anywhere. It is a dilemma though...not sure what BM is going to do, but really, it's not a bad situation to be in, we have depth up the wazoo.

It's a gift. It's a curse.

Someone has to go. BM needs to make whatever trade will most benefit the team. No matter what, if he makes a trade, there will be hard feelings. It doesn't matter who he trades. This team is firing on all cylinders right now, but we have too many 1-way contracts.

28Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:54 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Ummm...are you being serious about Shannon? He was one of our better players the last game, he's very consistent, I wouldn't mess with that. He is part of our team, he shouldn't go anywhere. It is a dilemma though...not sure what BM is going to do, but really, it's not a bad situation to be in, we have depth up the wazoo.

It's a gift. It's a curse.

Someone has to go. BM needs to make whatever trade will most benefit the team. No matter what, if he makes a trade, there will be hard feelings. It doesn't matter who he trades. This team is firing on all cylinders right now, but we have too many 1-way contracts.

it's like a double edged knife, it's nice to have this problem of depth at forward, but at the same time, you have to trade someone away that is liked or plays well, so there will be bitterness when it happens, but hopefully will be forgotten when the team continues to win.

29Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:04 pm

As long as we're under the cap we should hold on to our depth until teams become desperate. Our depth players aren't costing us a fortune so we should trade them at point of advantage; at the trade deadline or to a team struggling early. Who knows, we could have a couple of freak injuries that our depth could help us out of a little bit.

If anyone goes it is probably Kelly. For those saying it should be Shannon, he is too valuable; he's a PP QB and a great 3rd line energy/forechecking player. Kelly, in my mind, has priced himself off the team. And for those of you who are going to argue that he's our best PKer, etc, I'd like to remind you of Saturday's game vs Montreal where A-Train, Fish, and Carkner killed off a two-man advantage by themselves.

If there were a market for him I would trade Cheechoo in a heart beat.

Last edited by Kovalfie on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

30Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:05 pm

He got his one way contract and hasnt lived up to anything close to being an NHL player at this point. He was a bright light in a dark, dark season and people seem to put a little too much into that.

With the emergence of Regin, Shannon has not only become expendable he has become an after thought and his play is also pretty telling at this point. There isnt one player in Ottawa I would take out of the lineup to put Shannon in, that's the reality of it. When Winchester comes back it becomes even more complicated although have 13 forwards isnt too bad, keeps everyone on their toes.

Shannon has been close to invisable this point and so far, in a season with a tone of positive things happening and not a lot to be disapointed about, Shannon along with Campoli have absolutely been the biggest dissapointments.

31Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Kovalfie wrote:As long as we're under the cap we should hold on to our depth until teams become desperate. Our depth players aren't costing us a fortune so we should trade them at point of advantage; at the trade deadline or to a team struggling early. Who knows, we could have a couple of freak injuries that our depth could help us out of a a little bit.

If anyone goes it is probably Kelly. For those saying it should be Shannon, he is too valuable; he's a PP QB and a great 3rd line energy/forechecking player. Kelly, in my mind, has priced himself off the team. And for those of you who are going to argue that he's our best PKer, etc, I'd like to remind you of Saturday's game vs Montreal where A-Train, Fish, and Carkner killed off a two-man advantage by themselves.

If there were a market for him I would trade Cheechoo in a heart beat.

Probably the first time I've disagreed with you but hey, it was bound to happen.

Shannon isnt a PP QB, he's just put there. I would say when he is out there he is absolutely the main reason The Sens have struggled on the PP to this point. There is absolutely no threat from the point when he is out there and from what I've seen he doesnt move the puck very well. Where Shannon plays on the PP, it should be Karlsson and by the end of X-mas it more than likely will be.

Even strength, Regin has taken that 3rd line center job, simple as that. So where does Shannon fit? IMO, he doesnt. You have your top 2 lines then you have Foligno/Regin/Neil. Shannon as a 4th line player is useless and he would be wasted.

His play hasnt been good enough to keep him in the lineup at this point anyways and if there is a market for him and the trade makes sense, you do it.

As for Kelly, he has been grea thus far and if the cap was an issue I would say he might be the odd man out but Murray LOOOOVES him and he makes a good team better. Loved his game thus far even away from the PK.

32Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:13 pm

I am not sure I agree N4L, Shannon is a guy who can play center and does run the powerplay from the point pretty effectively. Not sure we have many players like that...

33Who does BM trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:19 pm

You have a bunch of guys who run the PP from the point. The best the PP has looked all year was when Karlsson was there against Tampa and playing that rover position.

It comes down to this to me, who would you rather have in your lineup? Regin or Shannon. For me it's an absolute no brainer, it's Regin.

I think Shannon has been brutal on that first PP unit and he hasnt run it efficeintly at all. When Kuba comes back he can QB it, Karlsson can, even Campoli to a certain extent. Even strength Shannon has been rendered close to useless. If you want to keep the guy on the bench to run a PP that has looked like garbage with him at the helm thus far, then I guess keep him.

Shannon to me is this team biggest dissapointment thus far into the season with Campoli.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum