GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who does BM trade?

+15
jamvan
Vandelay
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
wprager
beerandsens
asq2
PTFlea
SensGirl11
LethalLehner
SensFan71
LeCaptain
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
spader
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

46Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:17 am

I agree with Jordo there for sure. Until there is a need to make a trade, what's the point?

I think Shannon is the most likely candidate to get dealt if a deal goes down but there is def no need to make one.

47Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:24 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Jordo wrote:What's the point? I don't understand why people think BM has to make a trade? We have 23 roster spots right now that are filled- and we are in the fantastic situation in which we start a thread of who we should trade, because everyone is playing so well. Healthy competition will only make this team that much better... People sitting in the pressbox will push and push to be better and be at the faceoff dot rather than a comfy seat in the 400 level.

I really don't know what everyone's so giddy about. We can talk about better things.

Transformers 2 is out today......Megan Fox Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Herz Who does BM trade? - Page 4 48959 Who does BM trade? - Page 4 48959 Who does BM trade? - Page 4 48959 Who does BM trade? - Page 4 48959 Who does BM trade? - Page 4 48959 Who does BM trade? - Page 4 48959 Who does BM trade? - Page 4 48959

48Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:25 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, no way I would trade Shannon. First injury that happens we have a real NHLer waiting to step in and prove he can play.

Even Campoli can sit in the press box until there's an injury. Depth is something we've never really had - and now that we've tasted it, I can't go back to the crap 4th lines we used to have. I Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Herz this problem.

49Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:29 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Campoli is making $633K, Shannon is making $600K -- neither one will make a big difference (cap-wise), and if we get a one-way contract back it makes no sense at all. Kelly is the most obvious one to try an move in a trade. Good luck, there.

Good luck? He's an elite PKer and he's also the Smartest Man in Hockey for crying out loud. Seriously though, in Kelly's case, the cap relief alone is worth making a deal.

50Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I believe I made that point (that there is no need to make a trade) quite clearly -- we would be right up against the roster limit of 23, and with a somewhat limited cap room of $1.3M, but absolutely doable. With 23 on the roster we are automatically protected against injuries as it is.

51Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:36 am

Bottom line, things are going well in Ottawa, the cap is not an issue, and there is healthy compition within that locker room to get into the lineup. Unless there is a deal that comes by that blows Murray's socks off there is no point in making a trade.

As for the Chris Kelly "hate" (not a lot of hate but still), he has been great so far this year and really making that 4th line dangerous any time they are out on the ice. Ruutu is already having a career season because of how well Kelly and Donovan are playing along side him.

52Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:38 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Kelly can be the best 4th liner in the league, we won`t be able to afford that kind of money next year. Neil on the 3rd with Regin and Foligno at least is digestable, and he is playing awesome.

53Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:43 am

Seriously. Kelly's cap hit right now is totally irrelivant. The Sens are not in cap trouble, he's playing really solid hockey and getting some chances offensivly and creating chances with his speed and drive right now.

2.1 mil... so what? Is it s a problem right now or a problem in the near future (meaning this season) no it is not. That 4th line is rolling, leave it be.

54Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:45 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Bottom line, things are going well in Ottawa, the cap is not an issue, and there is healthy compition within that locker room to get into the lineup. Unless there is a deal that comes by that blows Murray's socks off there is no point in making a trade.

As for the Chris Kelly "hate" (not a lot of hate but still), he has been great so far this year and really making that 4th line dangerous any time they are out on the ice. Ruutu is already having a career season because of how well Kelly and Donovan are playing along side him.

Cap space is not an issue right now, certainly. But you can bet that if this team is in a playoff position come February, Murray will be looking to add. And usually, the most readily available players are on big deals. Why not make that space now?

55Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

What would you add in Ottawa? Goalie? Nope. Forward? No need. D man, maaaaaaybe, but even then I think they stay the course with what they have and they let the young kids learn on the job.

56Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:48 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Seriously. Kelly's cap hit right now is totally irrelivant. The Sens are not in cap trouble, he's playing really solid hockey and getting some chances offensivly and creating chances with his speed and drive right now.

2.1 mil... so what? Is it s a problem right now or a problem in the near future (meaning this season) no it is not. That 4th line is rolling, leave it be.

That's why I said next year Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Icon_wink

57Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:51 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

next year seems like a logical time to do this, but mind you, we have some RFA/UFA's coming up for new contracts this year, Foligno is due a raise, A-Train needs to be signed to an extension, can't remember the others off the top of my head, I believe even Shannon is an FA this off season, so money troubles could hit in the off season.

58Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:07 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:Bottom line, things are going well in Ottawa, the cap is not an issue, and there is healthy compition within that locker room to get into the lineup. Unless there is a deal that comes by that blows Murray's socks off there is no point in making a trade.

BOOM. Bang on. The only reason for a trade right now is if Murray has a trade and needs cap space...which is very unlikely. Kelly is not as replaceable as people think. He provides a lot of stability, defensively that goes unnoticed.

59Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:09 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

NO Diddling TRADE! We don't need to trade anyone.

60Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:40 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:What would you add in Ottawa? Goalie? Nope. Forward? No need. D man, maaaaaaybe, but even then I think they stay the course with what they have and they let the young kids learn on the job.

Elite scorer?

61Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:47 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:
N4L wrote:What would you add in Ottawa? Goalie? Nope. Forward? No need. D man, maaaaaaybe, but even then I think they stay the course with what they have and they let the young kids learn on the job.

Elite scorer?

Had one. Didn't get us far when we got to the finals. We still have a fw people who can (and have) potted 30+ goals (Spezza, Alfredsson, Kovalev), a few more who have done 20+ (Fisher, Michalek), a former 50+ goal scorer whose pilot light seems to have gone out, and players who have shown an upside (from projections over a quarter-to-a-half season) of getting close to 20 (Foligno, Regin). Plus our 4th liners are probably good for 10-12 goals each.

62Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:56 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

If I may jump in as the new guy, but I would say as a passionate fan the only way I trade Kelly right now (or anyone really) is if it's a deal the Sens just can't turn down...IE Weber for Kelly or something like that.

Otherwise, play'em all and hope that Kelly really does have a big season. His trade value will be that much higher and it will be easy to unload him in the offseason with a lot more return.

63Who does BM trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who does BM trade? Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

BM to be on hockey central in a few minutes....listen live....
http://www.fan590.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum