GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schneider waived

+10
shabbs
Acrobat
Phoenix30
rooneypoo
PKC
jamvan
BigRig
Riprock
Cronie
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

16Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:24 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:honestly Bigrig, I have NO idea.

I've heard both: one guy seems to think Murray is still after a PMD and PP QB; while another side feels that he's targetting a top 6 to truly create a legitimate 2ndary scoring threat.

I really don't know, but hypothesizing about who could be coming, and what salary or player(s) have to be moved is tiring!

I'll see what I can find out in the next few hours... Hopefully, I'll be back this evening with news, good news, but if not, I'll be around tomorrow morning!
Murray said the other day the only thing he's looking for is a PMD, not a top 6 forward. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Kings swap him up before we get the chance.

17Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:25 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Oh crap! If Tampa snags him, suddenly their sloppy D just got better!

What is Murray doing? What? Trade Kuba, grab Schneider and you're set. If he gets injured, that's what the kids are for.
Why are you so hell bent on trading Kuba? I really like Kuba.

18Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:33 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Not to mention flipping players is not a good thing to do.

19Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:

Fear. He's...good, but he's in shock that he got traded and it sounds to me like he isn't exactly pleased.

Schenider is a future Hall of Famer who last year was still a plus 22 with a ton of points, despite being injured.

Who better to teach kids like Picard and Lee the facts of running the PP than a future HOF D-man?

Plus with Heatley, Spezza, Fisher, Alfie and Schneider manning the point on the PP, how many points could he get? 65?

It's a no-brainer for me. Kuba would be gone, Schneider would be in and we'd be prepping for some serious PP damage right now.

20Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I should follow that up my saying I think Kuba will be good, I think we'll be a hard team to play against and be really competitive.

It's just my opinion that Schneider makes us (a lot) better. However, Murray knows best...

21Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

30Tampa Bay Lightning2,542,500
29Los Angeles Kings17,823,717
28Atlanta Thrashers15,811,989
27St Louis Blues5,570,834
26New York Islanders12,893,433
25Columbus Blue Jackets6,125,000
24Toronto Maple Leafs7,601,667
23Phoenix Coyotes13,008,750
22Florida Panthers2,825,000
21Vancouver Canucks8,984,167
20Chicago Blackhawks591,144
19Edmonton Oilers2,190,780
18Buffalo Sabres8,177,111
17Nashville Predators12,421,413
16Carolina Hurricanes7,483,333
15Boston Bruins1,363,334
14Calgary Flames-890,834
13Ottawa Senators3,222,671
12Washington Capitals-2,692,212
11Philadelphia Flyers-1,031,667
10Colorado Avalanche8,880,417
9New York Rangers-34,643
8Dallas Stars1,715,000
7Minnesota Wild4,063,223
6New Jersey Devils1,350,594
5Anaheim Ducks-3,235,000
4Pittsburgh Penguins1,339,133
3Montréal Canadiens1,064,699
2San Jose Sharks-225,834
1Detroit Red Wings226,667

22Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:48 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'd also scratch St. Louis, Vancouver, Edmonton, Nashville and Carolina off the list.

23Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:49 pm

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Fear. He's...good, but he's in shock that he got traded and it sounds to me like he isn't exactly pleased.

Schenider is a future Hall of Famer who last year was still a plus 22 with a ton of points, despite being injured.

Who better to teach kids like Picard and Lee the facts of running the PP than a future HOF D-man?

Plus with Heatley, Spezza, Fisher, Alfie and Schneider manning the point on the PP, how many points could he get? 65?

It's a no-brainer for me. Kuba would be gone, Schneider would be in and we'd be prepping for some serious PP damage right now.
Its weird: I've always kind of put Kuba in the Volchenkov/Phillips/Smith category, despite the fact that he's more of an offensive kind of guy, and he never really fit the other side, for me - the Lee/Picard side.
Like if we were to split it 1 PMD with 1 SD, we already have one SD on each pairing, but it only feels like we have 2 PMD with 1 hybrid or something...

When you put it as you did above ^ I can't help but agree with you.
I like the look of Phillips - Kuba, but I really like the look of
Phillips - Schneider
Volchenkov - Lee
Smith - Picard

24Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:51 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Schneider is real good offensively, but he's extremely soft as well. I wouldn't be against acquiring him.

I think Kuba is just fine with the moves now, especially after getting a call from Torts, he is now primed to take his game to the next level.

I think it's almost a guarantee that the Kings will swap him up anyway. They have to spend and a 1 year deal at $5 + gets them very close. It works perfectly for their situation.

25Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:52 pm

On a side note, I think this is really going to set things in motion. People are tired of waiting on Sundin and now there will likely be some shuffling going on. I hope so anyways Smile

26Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:55 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I doubt the LA Kings need to go spend-thrift happy as much as people are making them out to. If they re-sign O'Sullivan to anything over 2 million per year (which they almost certainly will), they are set for this year in terms of meeting the salary floor
Besides, wouldn't it make a lot more sense for teams to wait for Schneider to come back up through re-entry waivers and take half a cap hit rather than absorb the full 5.625 million?

27Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:08 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If a team wants him, they won't wait. Especially if you're a team further up in the priority and he comes around to you, then you take him.

28Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:12 pm

It would be a serious kick in the pants if he got to us and Murray snatched him up, after backing out of the Neil trade :lol!:

:x squirrel Take that Burke!

29Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:It would be a serious kick in the pants if he got to us and Murray snatched him up, after backing out of the Neil trade :lol!:

:x squirrel Take that Burke!

LOL. After all that it would be hilarious.

30Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:15 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I doubt the LA Kings need to go spend-thrift happy as much as people are making them out to. If they re-sign O'Sullivan to anything over 2 million per year (which they almost certainly will), they are set for this year in terms of meeting the salary floor
Besides, wouldn't it make a lot more sense for teams to wait for Schneider to come back up through re-entry waivers and take half a cap hit rather than absorb the full 5.625 million?

No way in hell ANA puts Schneider on re-entry waivers. That doesn't just happen; you put him there, calling him back up to the team. There's no way Burke would risk having to take on half of Schneider's big salary.

No one is getting Schneider at half-price. He will be claimed tomorrow at noon.

31Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
No way in hell ANA puts Schneider on re-entry waivers. That doesn't just happen; you put him there, calling him back up to the team. There's no way Burke would risk having to take on half of Schneider's big salary.

No one is getting Schneider at half-price. He will be claimed tomorrow at noon.

Huge chance of it happening. If no GM takes him by chance - and there is a chance of that - then the Ducks would still have to pay his salary against the cap (because he is 35 and healthy). He better clear...

32Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:49 pm

I can't imagine him getting passed Phoenix. He would legitimize them in a big-Big way!

33Schneider waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider waived Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:I can't imagine him getting passed Phoenix. He would legitimize them in a big-Big way!

I agree, but Anaheim has got to prepare for the possibility that no one would give them even a 7th round pick - and thus, why would anyone take him in the first pass at waivers.

Does Phoenix have a pretty serious internal cap? They'd have to be because they're only at 43 million. Maybe their internal cap is 45, Schneider would push it to almost 49, which is unacceptable.

Columbus is already at 48 and they definately have an internal cap.

Let's say LA just...doesn't want to spend 6 million dollars on a mentor for the kids.

San Jose is arse rammed against the cap, same with Washington, Montreal, Philly etc. etc. etc.

Hmmm...perhaps the plot thickens a little.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum