GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schneider traded to Atlanta

+3
jamvan
shabbs
PTFlea
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Schneider traded to Atlanta Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Confirmed. Don't know for who yet. I'll update.

UPDATE:

For Ken Klee, Brad Larsen and a Chad Painchaud.

2Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

More info here:

http://www.usatoday.com/community/profile.htm?plckPersonaPage=PersonaBlog&plckUserId=7f199720956b03f0&UID=7f199720956b03f0

The Atlanta Thrashers have acquired defenseman Mathieu Schneider from the Anaheim Ducks for defenseman Ken Klee, forward Brad Larson and a minor-league prospect.

The Ducks are trading Schneider, who will make $5.75 million, to get under the $56.7 million salary cap and to have money to sign forward Teemu Selanne.

The salaries of Klee and Larson total about $1.9 million and that means that the Thrashers will raise their payroll by about $3.7 million.

By adding Schneider, the Thrashers have essentially achieved their objective of dramatically changing their defense. Atlanta general manager Don Waddell signed offensive-minded Ron Hainsey as an unrestricted free agent. With Tobias Enstrom already on the roster, the Thrashers now have three puck-moving defenseman.

The Thrashers are also expected to give first-round draft pick Zach Bogosian a chance to make the team.

Atlanta acquired Schneider to make the playoffs, but the Thrashers could peddle him for prospects or a second-round at the trade deadline if they aren't in the hunt.

Interesting.

3Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Expect Klee, Larson and Marchant to be waived soon.

4Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:06 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

How long will Schneider remain a Thrasher though? I would not be surprised to see him moved at the trade dead line.

5Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:How long will Schneider remain a Thrasher though? I would not be surprised to see him moved at the trade dead line.

Deadline for sure (here).

6Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:27 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

No real surprise really. I suspect this is Schbeiders last year anyway.

7Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:No real surprise really. I suspect this is Schbeiders last year anyway.

How Dung is that for him, from a contender to a craptastic team.

8Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:15 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:No real surprise really. I suspect this is Schbeiders last year anyway.

How Dung is that for him, from a contender to a craptastic team.
I think he just wanted out and to collect one last pay cheque. His mind is on taking care of his son at this moment in time. It really won't help them out any. Got to feel bad for Kovulchuk there.

9Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:How long will Schneider remain a Thrasher though? I would not be surprised to see him moved at the trade dead line.

The interesting part is he may make them a better team, defensively. Now, wouldn't that be a kicker.

But, yes, more than likely, he'll be dealt in March.

10Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:29 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Confirmed. Don't know for who yet. I'll update.

UPDATE:

What's a Chad Painchaud?

11Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Acrobat wrote:

UPDATE:

What's a Chad Painchaud?

Chad "Hot-buns"?

12Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:21 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

UPDATE:

What's a Chad Painchaud?

Chad "Hot-buns"?

LOL Nice...

13Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:25 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

UPDATE:

What's a Chad Painchaud?

Chad "Hot-buns"?
Chad "Hot-bread"...

Heh heh.

14Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:24 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Testing testing.. trying to see if my sig works.

15Schneider traded to Atlanta Empty Re: Schneider traded to Atlanta Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:19 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

wow, did that derail ... Schneider to "Hot-Buns" to the Blues logo in less than one page.

Awesome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum