GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you want Schneider?

+2
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Neil and 3rd rounder for Mathieu Schneider

Do you want Schneider? Vote_lcap262%Do you want Schneider? Vote_rcap2 62% [ 8 ]
Do you want Schneider? Vote_lcap238%Do you want Schneider? Vote_rcap2 38% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Do you want Schneider? Empty Do you want Schneider? Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What do you think? Let me know and vote on the poll above.

2Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I guess no one wants to talk about this?

3Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:13 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I guess no one wants to talk about this?

If we can't keep Mez, than maybe

4Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:18 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I guess no one wants to talk about this?

Sorry dude. I do want to talk about it. My feeling is I don't think Murray would have to deal Neil to snag Schneider. Imagine a 4th line of Ruutu, Bass and Neil!

If we lose Mez, I'm fairly confident Schneider could be had for a prospect or a pick, or maybe a combo of the two, but I don't think we'd have to give up a roster player to do it.

Just my 2 cents though.

5Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:51 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:What do you think? Let me know and vote on the poll above.

Neil and a 3rd? No thanks. A proven NHLer and a pick for an obvious salary dump of a 39 year old player? That's too much. A pick or a lower level prospect at best.

6Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I don't want him because I do not want to see Murray give anything more than a 4th round pick or later for him simply because all any team is doing is bailing out another one of Brian Burke's mistakes. He signed him to the deal and is now in a pinch with the cap because he cannot manage his players and their contracts well enough. He should be forced to give him away for nothing or next to nothing or face the consequences of the cap.

I'd hate to give up a younger player (and everyone on our team is younger than him) for someone who is old, expensive, and fragile.

7Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ok clearly I overpaid for Schneider. If it were for a prospect or a pick and we get Mesz signed for the rumoured 2.5ish then we'd be tight but we could still find a way to get under the cap I think.

8Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:47 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Looks like the vote is kinda split. Perhaps it would get more of a yes without Neil in the offer but then we can't fit Schneider under the cap.

9Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:27 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I'd be more interested in seeing if we could pry Boucher out of Dallas - more long term potential, and easier to fit under the cap. It also wouldn't preclude an extension of both Mez and Boucher later, which would leave us with a solid defense core for almost forever (assuming we can re-sign A-train, and the guys in "Bongo" pan out)

EDIT - not more, he actually has long term potential. Schneider is clearly a one-year deal, if he even lasts that long without injury

10Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:49 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:I'd be more interested in seeing if we could pry Boucher out of Dallas - more long term potential, and easier to fit under the cap. It also wouldn't preclude an extension of both Mez and Boucher later, which would leave us with a solid defense core for almost forever (assuming we can re-sign A-train, and the guys in "Bongo" pan out)

EDIT - not more, he actually has long term potential. Schneider is clearly a one-year deal, if he even lasts that long without injury

But is Boucher a better Puck mover than Schneider for this one season? I like Schneider because he's a immediate fix for the one season.

11Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:08 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Realistically, are we going to win the cup this season?

I'm going out on a limb and saying "probably not", although I do think we will challenge for division champ, and maybe conference champ.

I think that long-term is far more important. I'd suspect that Murray is thinking that way also.

Having said that, see my other post in the forum "Time to move" (or something like that)

12Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:27 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Quick pints:

1. No, I don't want Schneider, neither for Neil and a pick, nor for just a pick.
2. Agree with the point that we're not cup contenders this season, so no reason to spend almost $6M
3. To fit him under the cap *with* Meszaros means getting all the planets aligned (getting Mezzie for $2.5M, trading Neil, moving a few more players for just picks, no salary coming the other way). And we'd have nothing left for the deadline (not that I think we'd need anything, but, you never know).
4. Tukker, you owe me a new keyboard. This one has coffee all over it from looking at your avatar. And I don't relish explaning what those stick figures mean to my kids. Umm, those are Olympic symbols for some indoore games. Synchronized something-or-other.

13Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:42 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Quick pints:

MMMM!! Quick Pints.

14Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

MMMM!! Quick Pints.

Honestly, I don't know where my mind was. I've been painting most of the day. Gets real thirsty. And the paint smells like urine. There must be a connection/ scratch

15Do you want Schneider? Empty Re: Do you want Schneider? Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:32 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

MMMM!! Quick Pints.

Honestly, I don't know where my mind was. I've been painting most of the day. Gets real thirsty. And the paint smells like urine. There must be a connection/ scratch

I just had a quick pint with my lunch. Actually, a quick two pints. Don't tell the boss.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum