GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil and a 3rd for Schneider

5 posters

Neil and a 3rd for Schneider

Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Vote_lcap20%Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Vote_lcap214%Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Vote_rcap2 14% [ 1 ]
Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Vote_lcap286%Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Vote_rcap2 86% [ 6 ]
Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Vote_lcap20%Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Empty Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anaheim likes their rugged, gritty forwards and needs to shed some salary. They shed 4.5 million and add a good player.

2Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Empty Re: Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it's a fair deal in terms of what is going for what is returning, and especially since we would be doing Burke a favor!

3Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Empty Re: Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:I think it's a fair deal in terms of what is going for what is returning, and especially since we would be doing Burke a favor!

Neil would fit in there very well IMO.

4Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Empty Re: Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:25 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well seeing as I had that exact question as a poll with a yes or no and I voted yes I figure I better be consistant :D I voted fair deal for both sides.

- Unknown Author

5Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Empty Re: Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:35 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:I think it's a fair deal in terms of what is going for what is returning, and especially since we would be doing Burke a favor!

Neil would fit in there very well IMO.

Exactly. While I would hate to part with Neil if he regains his form from 2 seasons ago, for the return, it would be well worth it!

6Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Empty Re: Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Well seeing as I had that exact question as a poll with a yes or no and I voted yes I figure I better be consistant :D I voted fair deal for both sides.

Did you? I had suggested it earlier, but I wanted to break it in here. Sad Fine....eat it.

7Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Empty Re: Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:38 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Anaheim likes their rugged, gritty forwards and needs to shed some salary. They shed 4.5 million and add a good player.

Do we just bracket the fact that we simply can't afford to have Mesz and Schneider on the same team? It's a real issue.

Anyway, ANA would take the deal in a second, I'd think; Neil is precisely the kind of player that they love. I'd have a hard time giving up on Neil this early, tho', even if it didn't put us in a financial pickle.

8Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Empty Re: Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:01 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Well seeing as I had that exact question as a poll with a yes or no and I voted yes I figure I better be consistant :D I voted fair deal for both sides.

Did you? I had suggested it earlier, but I wanted to break it in here. Sad Fine....eat it.

Yup! Here's the link.

https://gmcentralhockey.forumotion.net/gm-central-home-for-armchair-gms-f1/do-you-want-schneider-t4.htm

- Unknown Author

9Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Empty Re: Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Do we just bracket the fact that we simply can't afford to have Mesz and Schneider on the same team? It's a real issue.

Anyway, ANA would take the deal in a second, I'd think; Neil is precisely the kind of player that they love. I'd have a hard time giving up on Neil this early, tho', even if it didn't put us in a financial pickle.

Son of a ****, I forgot about that. When do I ever forget about that!? I'll add that option in.

10Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Empty Re: Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:59 pm

I hate the idea of losing Neil, now more than ever

11Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Empty Re: Neil and a 3rd for Schneider Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:33 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:Anaheim likes their rugged, gritty forwards and needs to shed some salary. They shed 4.5 million and add a good player.

Neil doesn't have a horrible salary, and from interviews I've heard and read he seems damned motivated to get his game back up to par.

He had one bad year after a so-so year. The year before that he scored 16 or so goals and led the league in hits. If he returns to that form, he is one of the best bargains in the league.

Perhaps its a bit of a gamble, but not a costly one. I'd much rather see what Neil can do with a new coach than see him lead the league in hits with the Ducks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum