GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schneider to Montreal?

+2
Cronie
rooneypoo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Schneider to Montreal? Empty Schneider to Montreal? Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:32 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

For what it's worth, Eklund has this deal listed as an e4:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16569

To be perfectly honest, it's a move that would make a lost of sense given what Gainey had to say recently about the Sundin situation and the perception that he has no interest in going to MTL:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=247648&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

There's a small part of me that would love to see the doors starting to close on Mats, I confess. This decision-making process is taking far too long, is actually causing delays and holdups for teams all around the league, and has been responsible for the death of far too many good trees and the spilling of much good ink lately.

2Schneider to Montreal? Empty Re: Schneider to Montreal? Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:For what it's worth, Eklund has this deal listed as an e4:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16569

To be perfectly honest, it's a move that would make a lost of sense given what Gainey had to say recently about the Sundin situation and the perception that he has no interest in going to MTL:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=247648&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

There's a small part of me that would love to see the doors starting to close on Mats, I confess. This decision-making process is taking far too long, is actually causing delays and holdups for teams all around the league, and has been responsible for the death of far too many good trees and the spilling of much good ink lately.

No disagreement here.
While Schneider going to Montreal would make their PP even SICKER, it does make a lot of sense.

As for Sundin, the longer he takes, the more he hurts himself and his credibility IMHO. Even if he is ALLOWED to take as much time as he wants, Hockey is a business, and business means Money; therefore, well, you can see what I'm getting at.

3Schneider to Montreal? Empty Re: Schneider to Montreal? Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dammit all to heck. If they get Schneider, I would admit to being nervous.

4Schneider to Montreal? Empty Re: Schneider to Montreal? Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:09 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Dammit all to heck. If they get Schneider, I would admit to being nervous.

Their PP would go from Scary good to Unfair. :lol!:

- Unknown Author

5Schneider to Montreal? Empty Re: Schneider to Montreal? Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:10 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

They can have him. Who are they sending in return? Because that will put them close to the cap if they bring in Schneider.

6Schneider to Montreal? Empty Re: Schneider to Montreal? Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:22 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:They can have him. Who are they sending in return? Because that will put them close to the cap if they bring in Schneider.

That's a very good question. Ek doesn't even drop any hints.

MTL doesn't necessarily need to shed salary. They've got $6.564 in cap space at the moment, with 13 F, 7 D, and 2 G. My guess is that they'll send one or two players down (Chipchura and/or O'Byrne?) and save themselves between $1 and $2 mil. That pretty much makes room for Schneider plus another $2-3 mil in cap space.

If they go that route, they might just use a pick or a prospect, or some combination of both. MTL doesn't have a lot of sexy prospects to be moving, tho', at least not that I can think of: the younger Kostitsyn (definitely not going anywhere), Lapierre, Latendresse, or Chipchura. I get the sense that Latendresse is wearing out his welcome, but I'm not up to date on MTL's situation.

7Schneider to Montreal? Empty Re: Schneider to Montreal? Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:44 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:Dammit all to heck. If they get Schneider, I would admit to being nervous.

As would I but I take it Schneider would replace Streit. Considering how sick Streit was on the PP last year is Schneider that much of an upgrade? Honestly, I don't know. I haven't watched each player enough to come to a definite conclusion. I assume he's an excellent replacement though.

8Schneider to Montreal? Empty Re: Schneider to Montreal? Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:50 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

If he can avoid injury. Schneider would be a certain upgrade over Streit, because he has the offensive skills that Streit has, but he can also play in his own end.

9Schneider to Montreal? Empty Re: Schneider to Montreal? Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:52 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:If he can avoid injury. Schneider would be a certain upgrade over Streit, because he has the offensive skills that Streit has, but he can also play in his own end.

Good to know, thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum