GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preissing offered for Schneider

+5
COLLAR UP
Mosky
PTFlea
Cronie
jamvan
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:42 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

The LA Kings offered Tom PReissing in exchange for Matthieu Schneider, but the Ducks declined due to the size of Preissings contract.

It now appears he will be heading to Atlanta.

2Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:43 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who's heading to Atlanta: Preissing or Schneider?

3Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:The LA Kings offered Tom PReissing in exchange for Matthieu Schneider, but the Ducks declined due to the size of Preissings contract.

And then I heard that if Anaheim goes for the deal, there's interest from Ottawa in Preissing. Why? Because Murray's not coaching, Hartsburg is. Preissing didn't like his ice time in the Cup Finals, but now I think he'll just take a chance in getting there in the first place.

I've heard that a grand total of 1 time, from a nobody source. Cute rumour though. I'd welcome Preissing back, calming influence and a nice puck mover.

4Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:47 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:The LA Kings offered Tom PReissing in exchange for Matthieu Schneider, but the Ducks declined due to the size of Preissings contract.

And then I heard that if Anaheim goes for the deal, there's interest from Ottawa in Preissing. Why? Because Murray's not coaching, Hartsburg is. Preissing didn't like his ice time in the Cup Finals, but now I think he'll just take a chance in getting there in the first place.

I've heard that a grand total of 1 time, from a nobody source. Cute rumour though. I'd welcome Preissing back, calming influence and a nice puck mover.
I'm not sure how I feel about that? I really don't want him back to be honest. Not at 2.75 million.

5Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:48 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about that? I really don't want him back to be honest. Not at 2.75 million.

The price is a little high and he's got a couple of years, so no dice! I forgot about Murray's grand design to keep money freed up.

6Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:48 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

That would be interesting... i think i would like to see how it would turn out, he was a member of the SCF team...

7Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:49 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

2.75 mil and he had a whopping 8G (24PTS) last year...no thanks...

8Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:49 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

but the price is Dung..

9Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:56 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I don't buy this rumour in the first place. LA has, what, 5 D signed and they want to move their best puckmover (sad to say, I know, but it's true)? I don't think so; you can't ice 4 rookie D in one year.

Calder is a much more likely target -- overpaid and useless. Handzus, too, but no one's taking that monstrous contract off their hands. That's the kind of contract they want to shed. Preissing, for all his faults, is far too useful to LA right now.

10Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:00 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

I don't buy this rumour in the first place. LA has, what, 5 D signed and they want to move their best puckmover (sad to say, I know, but it's true)? I don't think so; you can't ice 4 rookie D in one year.

Calder is a much more likely target -- overpaid and useless. Handzus, too, but no one's taking that monstrous contract off their hands. That's the kind of contract they want to shed. Preissing, for all his faults, is far too useful to LA right now.
I don't think it's a rumour, plus if they're moving their best puck moving defenceman, they're getting a better one in return.

Why do you crap on ever single thing posted?

11Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:00 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Rooney just always comes in a shoots down the rumours... I want this to happen!! lol i know it won't though.. just dreaming..

12Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:03 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Mosky wrote:Rooney just always comes in a shoots down the rumours... I want this to happen!! lol i know it won't though.. just dreaming..
I know it's Garrioch, but it doesn't sound like a rumour, it sounds liek fact:

Bruce Garrioch reports five teams - the LA Kings, Vancouver Canucks, New Jersey Devils, Atlanta Thrashers and St. Louis Blues - are rumored to be interested in Anaheim Ducks defenseman Mathieu Schneider. Of the latter three Garrioch reports only the Thrashers have the cap space to absorb Schneider's contract, and cites sources claiming the Kings have offer the Ducks defenseman Tom Priessing for Schneider but the Ducks have rejected offers thus far that have them taking on salary in return.

13Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:14 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, hard to say we'd want Preissing back after giving up a cheaper more offensively gifted Corvo.

14Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:15 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
I don't think it's a rumour, plus if they're moving their best puck moving defenceman, they're getting a better one in return.

Why do you crap on ever single thing posted?

Wow, where to begin.

First off, Preissing to ANA for Schneider is just a rumour: "Sources say GM Dean Lombardi has offered defenceman Tom Preissing, the former Senator who has three years left on his contract at $2.75 million per season" (quoted from today's Sun).

Second, this "report" is coming from Bruce Garrioch, and I don't think I'm the first guy to suggest that one of his rumours (remember "Khabby to OTT in a 3-way deal involving Kopitar"? that one panned out well) is BS.

Third, look at LA's current D: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=LA. Doughty and Harrold are rookies; Johnson has one year under his belt, but is for all intents and purposes also a rookie; Denis Gauthier is so good that he spent all last year in the minors. Preissing and Greene are the closest thing that that team has to steady, useful vets -- and that says a lot about how young and inexperienced this D is right now. To me, it doesn't make sense that LA would want to ship out what little experience they have.

Anyway, don't take it so personally. I'm "crapping on" Garrioch's "rumour," not anything you've said.

15Preissing offered for Schneider Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

COLLAR UP wrote:2.75 mil and he had a whopping 8G (24PTS) last year...no thanks...

That's not really indicative of Preissing's numbers, that more a testament to the Kings last year. He had 43 and 38 the previous 2 years, which is very, very good.

I doubt he'd be thrilled to come back here though to be honest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum