GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preissing back to Ottawa?

+2
strachattack
PTFlea
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Preissing back to Ottawa? Empty Preissing back to Ottawa? Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's a lot of whispering about Murray trying to re-acquire Tom Preissing. Enough to start wondering if this is true - and if so, didn't he leave on bad terms?

Normally I would say pay it no mind, but there seems to be a significant number of people who believe it's either happening or being discussed.

2Preissing back to Ottawa? Empty Re: Preissing back to Ottawa? Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:03 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Meh... if it's true it's yet another patch in the tattered quilt. Not to say he wouldn't be of any help but hardly an inspiring choice. Perhaps there is no choice and this is as good as it gets this year.

3Preissing back to Ottawa? Empty Re: Preissing back to Ottawa? Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:11 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

From what I remember Pressing was pissed at Murray for benching him through the PO's. (or was it just the finals against the Ducks?) I also believed he wanted a pay raise that Murray said was outside of the pay structure of the team. Which leads me to believe he was wrong or is very desperate at the moment.

Why would he bring back a guy he thought wanted too much $$ and benched as coach? If he wants him now he should have just signed him last year when he had the chance.

4Preissing back to Ottawa? Empty Re: Preissing back to Ottawa? Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Could be smoke just to let Martin know that if he plays games Murray will go elsewhere... perhaps forcing the hand so to speak?

If Martin truly wants what Ottawa is offering and is only stalling to make Murray up the price, he can look elsewhere, cause we know Murray don't react well to demands.

5Preissing back to Ottawa? Empty Re: Preissing back to Ottawa? Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:21 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Since the Oilers are is a similar slump, why are they not mentioned as a trade partner? Souray would be a nice addition.

6Preissing back to Ottawa? Empty Re: Preissing back to Ottawa? Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:16 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Sens4thecup wrote:Since the Oilers are is a similar slump, why are they not mentioned as a trade partner? Souray would be a nice addition.

I was thinking that too...but was afraid I'd get lynched over the idea...

he is not the slickest puck-mover...but his shot is unheard of!!

7Preissing back to Ottawa? Empty Re: Preissing back to Ottawa? Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens4thecup wrote:Since the Oilers are is a similar slump, why are they not mentioned as a trade partner? Souray would be a nice addition.

He's totally available, but is signed for a long, long time and doesn't play D that well.

His shot though - and passing ability....

Food for though, good call.

8Preissing back to Ottawa? Empty Re: Preissing back to Ottawa? Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:57 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Doubt it. Souray's actually playing really well for the Oilers, apparently.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum