GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm Oct. 25th, 2008

+14
Cronie
Number Twenty Nine
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
asq2
PKC
TheAvatar
PTFlea
LethalLehner
Sens4thecup
Riprock
mattshock
wprager
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, Sens have lost 3 in a row and only got 2 points from a 5 game home stand. Things are not looking good, the team does not seem to be able to put in a full 60-min game. They did show some life last night in the 3rd but it was too little too late.

Who's in net for the Sens?

Here's hoping the Sens are pissed and unload on the Leafs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Well, Sens have lost 3 in a row and only got 2 points from a 5 game home stand. Things are not looking good, the team does not seem to be able to put in a full 60-min game. They did show some life last night in the 3rd but it was too little too late.

Who's in net for the Sens?

Here's hoping the Sens are pissed and unload on the Leafs.

Oh, thank God there's another game today. After last night I need something to "clear the palate", so to speak. As for the team, perhaps they need to get away from the comforts (and the spotlights) of home.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

The leafs. Is a futility competition classified as a rivalry?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mattbond wrote:The leafs. Is a futility competition classified as a rivalry?

Frankly, I don't even care if they win or lose anymore. I just welcome the opportunity to get rid of the bad taste in my mouth. Sre, it might be replaced with an even worse taste, I know.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If we lose I'll never hear the end of it.

Leaf fans here are surprised how well and competitive their team is and to that I always say "that's a difference of 8th rather 1st". The LEafs can't win or lose properly.

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

I really hope that Shoubie replaces Richardson in the back end tonight. Cody Bass where are you???

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

If the Sens lose against the Leafs tonight we will have hit an all new low. Will the Sens build off of the third period play from last night? I guess time will tell...but one thing is for sure, the fans are getting restless. The number of people booing last night was quite noticeable. I am not sure what the solution to is....new goalie, trade a player or two. Prior to the season commencing, there were a number of players that said that they wanted to forget last year and work harder this year. Well guys, the time is now so get off your Donkey and do something already!!! :bounce:

spezza rules! wrote:If the Sens lose against the Leafs tonight we will have hit an all new low. Will the Sens build off of the third period play from last night? I guess time will tell...but one thing is for sure, the fans are getting restless. The number of people booing last night was quite noticeable. I am not sure what the solution to is....new goalie, trade a player or two. Prior to the season commencing, there were a number of players that said that they wanted to forget last year and work harder this year. Well guys, the time is now so get off your Donkey and do something already!!! :bounce:

I'm wondering if we are going to continue to see the opposing team's backups. Last two losses were to backups. Granted, Anderson is quality, but I'd hate to think that we've become "that" team the other teams pencil in their backup for. Not a very encouraging sign.

Sens4thecup wrote:I really hope that Shoubie replaces Richardson in the back end tonight. Cody Bass where are you???

Schubert isn't much of an upgrade, he showed that in preseason. I'm tired of this with Schubert. Face it guy, you aren't an NHL calibre defenceman, so stick to being a useful grinder who can bang bodies. His shot is useful from the point, so I don't mind him on the point on the 2nd powerplay, but as for taking a regular shift on D....no thanks.

Why haven't we recalled Lee yet?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:
I'm wondering if we are going to continue to see the opposing team's backups. Last two losses were to backups. Granted, Anderson is quality, but I'd hate to think that we've become "that" team the other teams pencil in their backup for. Not a very encouraging sign.

I hope so. At some point (soon) everything's going to click - if even just for a game or 2 - and we'll make some team and their backup look really, really bad. Like double digit bad. You don't want to continue to kick this Sens team when they're down, you want to quietly get your 2 points and get the **** out right now.

PS I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud to someone's avatar.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Heater, read your PMs

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gerber out with a leg injury. Auld to start.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/10/25/7203266.html

Our goalie situation just took a turn for the interesting...

shabbs wrote:Gerber out with a leg injury. Auld to start.

For the interesting or the good? Hopefully Gerber is out long enough to call up Elliott and give him a game or two.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

hemlock34 wrote:

For the interesting or the good? Hopefully Gerber is out long enough to call up Elliott and give him a game or two.

I wonder if this is true or not. Do you really think it is an injury or a confidence issue. It will be interesting to see how long this "injury" lasts and if they call up Elliott. Oh please bring up Elliott. Auld was good last night but without help from the D-men it is hard to expect him to stop everything.

spezza rules! wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

I wonder if this is true or not. Do you really think it is an injury or a confidence issue. It will be interesting to see how long this "injury" lasts and if they call up Elliott. Oh please bring up Elliott. Auld was good last night but without help from the D-men it is hard to expect him to stop everything.

Honestly, I don't care if it's true or not. Right now, Auld gives us the best chance to win.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum