GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preissing offered for Schneider

+5
COLLAR UP
Mosky
PTFlea
Cronie
jamvan
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Preissing offered for Schneider - Page 2 Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:14 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, hard to say we'd want Preissing back after giving up a cheaper more offensively gifted Corvo.

17Preissing offered for Schneider - Page 2 Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:15 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
I don't think it's a rumour, plus if they're moving their best puck moving defenceman, they're getting a better one in return.

Why do you crap on ever single thing posted?

Wow, where to begin.

First off, Preissing to ANA for Schneider is just a rumour: "Sources say GM Dean Lombardi has offered defenceman Tom Preissing, the former Senator who has three years left on his contract at $2.75 million per season" (quoted from today's Sun).

Second, this "report" is coming from Bruce Garrioch, and I don't think I'm the first guy to suggest that one of his rumours (remember "Khabby to OTT in a 3-way deal involving Kopitar"? that one panned out well) is BS.

Third, look at LA's current D: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=LA. Doughty and Harrold are rookies; Johnson has one year under his belt, but is for all intents and purposes also a rookie; Denis Gauthier is so good that he spent all last year in the minors. Preissing and Greene are the closest thing that that team has to steady, useful vets -- and that says a lot about how young and inexperienced this D is right now. To me, it doesn't make sense that LA would want to ship out what little experience they have.

Anyway, don't take it so personally. I'm "crapping on" Garrioch's "rumour," not anything you've said.

18Preissing offered for Schneider - Page 2 Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:17 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

COLLAR UP wrote:2.75 mil and he had a whopping 8G (24PTS) last year...no thanks...

That's not really indicative of Preissing's numbers, that more a testament to the Kings last year. He had 43 and 38 the previous 2 years, which is very, very good.

I doubt he'd be thrilled to come back here though to be honest.

19Preissing offered for Schneider - Page 2 Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
jamvan wrote:
I don't think it's a rumour, plus if they're moving their best puck moving defenceman, they're getting a better one in return.

Wow, where to begin.

First off, Preissing to ANA for Schneider is just a rumour: "Sources say GM Dean Lombardi has offered defenceman Tom Preissing, the former Senator who has three years left on his contract at $2.75 million per season" (quoted from today's Sun).

Second, this "report" is coming from Bruce Garrioch, and I don't think I'm the first guy to suggest that one of his rumours (remember "Khabby to OTT in a 3-way deal involving Kopitar"? that one panned out well) is BS.

Third, look at LA's current D: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=LA. Doughty and Harrold are rookies; Johnson has one year under his belt, but is for all intents and purposes also a rookie; Denis Gauthier is so good that he spent all last year in the minors. Preissing and Greene are the closest thing that that team has to steady, useful vets -- and that says a lot about how young and inexperienced this D is right now. To me, it doesn't make sense that LA would want to ship out what little experience they have.

Anyway, don't take it so personally. I'm "crapping on" Garrioch's "rumour," not anything you've said.

Holy Dung, this team's D is going to be amazing, but they're just putrid right now. Wow.

This may have some weight to it though because Schneider's a UFA at the end of the year and they'll have to contend with Kopitar's contract and the new O'Sullivan package - and rookie are being paid 4 times what they used to be paid (bonuses counting I mean).

Maybe they just want a UFA for one year and then focus on their core? In which case Lombardi's a bit of a tool for signing Preissing in the first place, but...whatever he wants to do. :D

20Preissing offered for Schneider - Page 2 Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:31 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Holy Dung, this team's D is going to be amazing, but they're just putrid right now. Wow.

This may have some weight to it though because Schneider's a UFA at the end of the year and they'll have to contend with Kopitar's contract and the new O'Sullivan package - and rookie are being paid 4 times what they used to be paid (bonuses counting I mean).

Maybe they just want a UFA for one year and then focus on their core? In which case Lombardi's a bit of a tool for signing Preissing in the first place, but...whatever he wants to do. :D

I won't deny it's possible that LA wants Schneider. I just think that a guy like Kyle Calder ($2.7 mil!) is the guy they'd want to ship out the other way. He *sucks* and doesn't bring anything to the team.

Considering what he brings to the team in terms of steadiness, puck-skills, and experience, I don't think Preissing's contract is anywhere near as outrageous. I think it much more likely that they keep him, and get Schneider.

LA has quite a bit of money to spare. The only big signings to do in the next two years after O'Sullivan are Kopitar, Frolov, and Johnson -- the $17 mil they have in cap space should allow them to retain the players that they want (I keep hearing Frolov is on the outs, like Cammalleri). They've also got cap saving coming on the way: Calder ($2.7 mil, this year), Gauthier ($2.1 mil, this year), Handzus ($4 mil, 3 more years), possibly Armstrong ($1.5 mil, this year). That's another $10 mil -- which they'll need to use to try to hang on to some of the great talent they're amassing. Problem is, there's not going to be enough money to go around for all of them no matter what LA does if they turn out to be as great as forecasted!

21Preissing offered for Schneider - Page 2 Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:33 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Wow, where to begin.

I'm not taking it personally, but ti seems every post of yours comes across as your word and thought is the only answer.

I'm not trying to start anything, cause I respect your knowledge, you certainly have a lot of it.

22Preissing offered for Schneider - Page 2 Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:36 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, like all of Garrioch's rumors... I'll believe this one if/when it happens.

Oh, and there's NO way Preissing would come back here in my view.

23Preissing offered for Schneider - Page 2 Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:41 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
I'm not taking it personally, but ti seems every post of yours comes across as your word and thought is the only answer.

I'm not trying to start anything, cause I respect your knowledge, you certainly have a lot of it.

Fair enough. This rumour just seems particularly unlikely, for all the reasons I've given.

Then again, I said something similar about the McCabe to FLA rumour, and look where we are now on that one.... :D

24Preissing offered for Schneider - Page 2 Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:02 am

Not to defend Garrioch, but I think the rumour of the 3 way deal involving Kopitar came out of Brennan's lousy articles.

25Preissing offered for Schneider - Page 2 Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:23 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'm gonna blame it all on global warming.

26Preissing offered for Schneider - Page 2 Empty Re: Preissing offered for Schneider Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:39 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Didn't Preissing say flat out that he wanted to stay in the US? (or was that just his way of saying "I gotta get out of Ottawa"?)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum