GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade?

+12
TeamRenzo
asq2
beerandsens
SensFan71
Phoenix30
PTFlea
BigRig
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Mojo
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What is the TOP priority in the up-coming Heatley trade?

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_lcap213%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_lcap213%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_lcap228%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 28% [ 9 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_lcap26%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_lcap225%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 8 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_lcap215%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:what if we get defensive prospects in the trade, then sign Hossa in the off-season?

Hossa-Spezza-Shannon
Foligno-Fisher-Alfredsson

yes, I realize it's unlikely, but don't tell me that doesnt look good

Or Hossa. Heatley didn't have a great year, that eases the pain a little I guess. He's replaceable.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:what if we get defensive prospects in the trade, then sign Hossa in the off-season?

Hossa-Spezza-Shannon

do we want to take the chance on Hossa again? he may be demanding a lot in terms of money, which depends on Detroit winning Friday night, I just don't know if I want to go down that road again, he really has been invisible this round against the Pens. We already have that in Heatley and trying to get rid of it.

SensFan71 wrote:

Hossa-Spezza-Shannon

do we want to take the chance on Hossa again? he may be demanding a lot in terms of money, which depends on Detroit winning Friday night, I just don't know if I want to go down that road again, he really has been invisible this round against the Pens. We already have that in Heatley and trying to get rid of it.

Hossa is twice the player Heatley is. Assuming we're talking about Marian that is :??:

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Hossa-Spezza-Shannon

Hossa is twice the player Heatley is. Assuming we're talking about Marian that is :??:

I haven't been impressed by Hossa since his 100 point season in Atlanta. He's not doing anything for the Wings right now.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Hossa-Spezza-Shannon

I haven't been impressed by Hossa since his 100 point season in Atlanta. He's not doing anything for the Wings right now.

I am glad I am not the only one that sees it, I don't think hossa is an improvement at all, call me crazy.

I didnt say Hossa was a replacement, but he will make up for alot of the offense we'll lose, plus is much better defensively.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

Me neither. But he'd still pot 39 goals, so he would, by all accounts, replace Heatley's offense.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Me neither. But he'd still pot 39 goals, so he would, by all accounts, replace Heatley's offense.

I'd rather go with someone less likely to jump to greener pastures if he feels he can win better somewhere else. I doubt he signs a long term contract either.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
I'd rather go with someone less likely to jump to greener pastures if he feels he can win better somewhere else. I doubt he signs a long term contract either.

Huh...SF71...that's cold...and true. Ahhhhh!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Hossa signed with the Red Wings for near-Heatley money. You think he'd come back to Ottawa for anything less than $8.5 million per?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't want to eat up Heatley's money with Hossa as much as I'd like him back it really doesn't do what other trades could do for the franchise IMO.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

Hossa signed with the Red Wings for near-Heatley money. You think he'd come back to Ottawa for anything less than $8.5 million per?

7 million per year. What...is the cap going up and I didn't know about it?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Huh...SF71...that's cold...and true. Ahhhhh!

I just calls it as I sees it, tough love baby Laughing3 as much as it might be nice to see the number 18 or 81, whatever he wants to wear in the Red again of Ottawa, rather have someone that will stay with the team long term to build a good group of players with tons of chemistry, a la most of the Wings team.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

I don't think he's going to take less money than he asked for to sign with the Wings.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

I don't think he's going to take less money than he asked for to sign with the Wings.

agreed, he likes his money and will be looking to cash in somewhere, if he wins the cup this year with the wings, it might even be back to the KHL getting paid tax free.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

He won't get that offer from the Wings. One team is being taken out of the mix when they acquire Heatley. 7.5 million for Hossa? Maybe Vancouver, but I haven't been impressed with Hossa all year. I wouldn't want to be the one giving him that kind of $$.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

He won't get that offer from the Wings. One team is being taken out of the mix when they acquire Heatley. 7.5 million for Hossa? Maybe Vancouver, but I haven't been impressed with Hossa all year. I wouldn't want to be the one giving him that kind of $$.

someone will though, maybe the loser in the Heatley Sweepstakes?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:someone will though, maybe the loser in the Heatley Sweepstakes?

You mean, aside from the loser who gives up the farm to acquire Heatley? Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum