GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade?

+12
TeamRenzo
asq2
beerandsens
SensFan71
Phoenix30
PTFlea
BigRig
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Mojo
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What is the TOP priority in the up-coming Heatley trade?

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_lcap213%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_lcap213%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_lcap228%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 28% [ 9 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_lcap225%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 8 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_lcap215%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Neely4Life wrote:If we are keeping things realistic here, we are not getting a top 3 pick. Top 5, MAYBE if he goes to LA, that's as high as it will get.

The most important thing here is setting things up for the future and there are enough prospects out there that can really improve this team.

Sorry I'm sounding like a borken record but if we can get Tuebert thats the perfect players to grow up with Karlsson, PERFECT. If anyone is ever worried about Karlsson's size, with Tuebert its a none issue.

Think Stevens/Niedamayer.

Remember what we got for Yashin? (Spezza, Chara and Muckalt) this is the SAME situation, SAME.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is an impossible poll to answer. We need a guy like Michalek (for example), a pick - like in the 5 area and hopefully a blue chipper. This is a guy who's average 45 goals the last 4 years, how can I choose just one of the options? Shrug

All are equally important.

MurderOnIce wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:If we are keeping things realistic here, we are not getting a top 3 pick. Top 5, MAYBE if he goes to LA, that's as high as it will get.

The most important thing here is setting things up for the future and there are enough prospects out there that can really improve this team.

Sorry I'm sounding like a borken record but if we can get Tuebert thats the perfect players to grow up with Karlsson, PERFECT. If anyone is ever worried about Karlsson's size, with Tuebert its a none issue.

Remember what we got for Yashin? (Spezza, Chara and Muckalt) this is the SAME situation, SAME.

Milbury was the guy making the deal. At the time Chara was also very raw. I loved the deal and its something to hang your hat on, but it was still very much a risky trade with just a draft pick, unproven D man, and well, Muckalt.

shabbs wrote:

How would we back-fill the goals Heatley produced?

You can get it from somewhere, who knows what kinf of player we draft with the 5th overall, or the 8th, w/e. There are also UFA's that might be able to step in and put up some goals.

Again, with this trade you look to improve the future and hope for the best for this year and next.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wiercioch has size, or will, in a couple of years. As much as J-Bo could help out now, is he enough to make us into a contender now? I'm just not ready to blindly take that $7.5M and spend it right away.

Again, J Bo could very well be here for a decade. It doesnt matter if we are a contender next year, year after, or even 4, 5 years down the road. He wont even be 30. The guy is 5 years older than Karlsson, that's it.

J Bo solves the now and the future. If Karlsson and Wiercioch turn out, and we have J bo, that could be 3 legit, number 1 D men. That's insane.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Murray has already estblished a relationship with Garth Snow and Brian Lawton. Food for thought right there. Do you take Ryan Smith off Colorado's hands to get the 3rd pick?

I think we're going to see a big deal and I bet that hard-Donkey Murray will insist that Heatley waive his NTC outright if he wants to get moved...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm warming to the Cammaleri scenarios. He apparently worked his arse off in Calgary - he might be changing for the better. And you put him with Spezza and Alfredsson and I don't think we lose a single goal from Heater's output last year.

We couldn't get any lazier by adding Cammy. Heatley was pretty much the laziest player on the Sens.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Murray has already estblished a relationship with Garth Snow and Brian Lawton. Food for thought right there. Do you take Ryan Smith off Colorado's hands to get the 3rd pick?

I think we're going to see a big deal and I bet that hard-Donkey Murray will insist that Heatley waive his NTC outright if he wants to get moved...

I thought about that for a long time last night, but Smyth is getting 6.5, so it cuffs us. But he brings it ALL THE TIME and that's something we can't get enough of here. So...I dunno...maybe?

Shrug

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Murray has already estblished a relationship with Garth Snow and Brian Lawton. Food for thought right there. Do you take Ryan Smith off Colorado's hands to get the 3rd pick?

I thought about that for a long time last night, but Smyth is getting 6.5, so it cuffs us. But he brings it ALL THE TIME and that's something we can't get enough of here. So...I dunno...maybe?

Shrug

I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting Auld too... I think there's a deal there somewhere...

Auld would prob be dealt in a seperate deal, and if we take some salary back with that, for a year, we could very well get a 2nd round pick or a SOLID prospect.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting Auld too... I think there's a deal there somewhere...

It's possible that even Sherman doesn't know what's going on (I didn't like his signing of a rookie coach with 2 years experience), but I do think that he's smart enough to sign Biron.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

It's possible that even Sherman doesn't know what's going on (I didn't like his signing of a rookie coach with 2 years experience), but I do think that he's smart enough to sign Biron.

Sherman might want to make a splash to prove himself as more that a "t-shirt salesman" who got a break. Murray should be licking his chops.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Sherman might want to make a splash to prove himself as more that a "t-shirt salesman" who got a break. Murray should be licking his chops.

Okay...let's look at this scenario then. The Avs are up against the cap wall. How can we get the 3rd overall and a player that can absolve them of some cap space to take on The Arsehole?

Wow, how the Diddle are they up against it with that lineup!!? :h:

It wreaks of failure. I guess we'll have to take Smyth, Liles or Wolski, but they'd still be humping the cap.

Fail.

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=COL&season=0809

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I chose other because I can see Murray looking for a combination of picks, prospects, and a young quality player to help with the present and future of the team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Phoenix30 wrote:I chose other because I can see Murray looking for a combination of picks, prospects, and a young quality player to help with the present and future of the team.

We *all* know that we will get a combination here. The question was *which one* is the most important piece? That determines whom you deal with and, as a consequence, what you will get back.

Im begging to god we get Tuebert, I really am. There isnt a player I want more in Ottawa than that kid. If we cant get him and OEL is off the board when we pick, I say go after Cowen.

I have my preferance in Teubert, but we need a big mean presseance back there, the likes of which Ottawa fans will have a tough time defending his actions. When the best you can come up with is "oh well" when defending a dirty player on the back end (Pronger) that's what ottawa needs with guys like Karlsson and Weircioch back there.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I picked a blue chip forward prospect, of course that won't be exactly what heatley is worth, there will be a roster player and/or a high draft pick coming back in return, but the blue chip forward prospect should be the centerpiece of the deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum