GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade?

+12
TeamRenzo
asq2
beerandsens
SensFan71
Phoenix30
PTFlea
BigRig
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Mojo
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What is the TOP priority in the up-coming Heatley trade?

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_lcap213%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_lcap213%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_lcap228%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 28% [ 9 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_lcap26%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_lcap225%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 8 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_lcap215%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Salary cap commitments of a few select Western conference teams:

Anaheim: 38.8
LA: 39.9
Edmonton: 42.9
Calgary: 44.9
St. Louis: 46.2

I didn't look at how many players each still needs to sign, though.

I think the Anze Kopitar experiment has run it's course in LA.

I dont know about that, he is a play maker without a finisher. I think Kopitar has tonnns of upside, the guy is only 21.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Salary cap commitments of a few select Western conference teams:

Anaheim: 38.8
LA: 39.9
Edmonton: 42.9
Calgary: 44.9
St. Louis: 46.2

I didn't look at how many players each still needs to sign, though.

Anaheim has lots of FA's, which probably puts them in a better spot than LA, St. Louis would have to dump a salary back to us to make it work.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

SensFan71 wrote:
beerandsens wrote:I chose PMD. I don't want the PMD to be the centerpeice of the trade though, I misinterpreted the question at first. I think the trade should leave enough salary room for a PMD via free agency. That is the most important thing to me. Get the best package you can that still accomodates that possibility.

Admittedly this might be tough though with other teams up against the cap they will likely need to deal salary back to us.

LA won't, they are still pretty good in that aspect from my knowledge.

LA consistently seems like the best dance partner for the Sens :##:

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beerandsens wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
beerandsens wrote:I chose PMD. I don't want the PMD to be the centerpeice of the trade though, I misinterpreted the question at first. I think the trade should leave enough salary room for a PMD via free agency. That is the most important thing to me. Get the best package you can that still accomodates that possibility.

Admittedly this might be tough though with other teams up against the cap they will likely need to deal salary back to us.

LA won't, they are still pretty good in that aspect from my knowledge.

LA consistently seems like the best dance partner for the Sens :##:

no word if the loser would waive for LA though, would be perfect for his prima donna lifestyle, he could hang out with Kobe and Manny.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Last night my pal texted a message to me saying Heatley sent his agent a list of only three teams he doesn't want to be dealt to.

Atlanta
Toronto
Phoenix

I asked him where he got it though, and he says HB so I doubt it's accurate.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

After mulling it over all day, I finally voted "Top-three pick". That means dealing with the Islanders, Tampa or Colorado.

I'll have to look a bit more to decide what else has to be part of the deal. Off the top of my head, Auld can be the backup in Colorado.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:After mulling it over all day, I finally voted "Top-three pick". That means dealing with the Islanders, Tampa or Colorado.

I'll have to look a bit more to decide what else has to be part of the deal. Off the top of my head, Auld can be the backup in Colorado.

That's what I said. I got a "fail" for my trouble. Now I have lost the confidence to state my opinions here. Crying

top 6 pick and a high end prospect.

Last edited by The Guy With The Mustache on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beerandsens wrote:Last night my pal texted a message to me saying Heatley sent his agent a list of only three teams he doesn't want to be dealt to.

Atlanta
Toronto
Phoenix

I asked him where he got it though, and he says HB so I doubt it's accurate.

no surprise on the 3, Atlanta, enough said, Toronto, again enough said, and well, Phoenix with the uncertainty and possibility of moving to Hamilton, again no, so means that Murray can absolutely ream 26 other GM's for Heatley if he gets the right deal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:top 6 pick and a high end prospect.

Well now you're just not playing by the rules. You should have said "Other" Wink

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:top 6 pick and a high end prospect.

Well now you're just not playing by the rules. You should have said "Other" Wink

I like his idea, sounds better than other, besides, you can put other on the trade paperwork Laughing3

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

We've got to figure out what to do about scoring. As nice as the idea of adding a stud blue-liner sounds, we have at present exactly two proven scoring forwards now in Alfredsson and Spezza.

We're thin offensively with Heatley. I don't like the image without him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:We've got to figure out what to do about scoring. As nice as the idea of adding a stud blue-liner sounds, we have at present exactly two proven scoring forwards now in Alfredsson and Spezza.

We're thin offensively with Heatley. I don't like the image without him.

If we wanted, we could replace his goal output with Cammelleri in one shot. It's the work ethic that diddled us IMO.

what if we get defensive prospects in the trade, then sign Hossa in the off-season?

Hossa-Spezza-Shannon
Foligno-Fisher-Alfredsson

yes, I realize it's unlikely, but don't tell me that doesnt look good

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:what if we get defensive prospects in the trade, then sign Hossa in the off-season?

Hossa-Spezza-Shannon

Or Hossa. Heatley didn't have a great year, that eases the pain a little I guess. He's replaceable.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:what if we get defensive prospects in the trade, then sign Hossa in the off-season?

Hossa-Spezza-Shannon

do we want to take the chance on Hossa again? he may be demanding a lot in terms of money, which depends on Detroit winning Friday night, I just don't know if I want to go down that road again, he really has been invisible this round against the Pens. We already have that in Heatley and trying to get rid of it.

SensFan71 wrote:

Hossa-Spezza-Shannon

do we want to take the chance on Hossa again? he may be demanding a lot in terms of money, which depends on Detroit winning Friday night, I just don't know if I want to go down that road again, he really has been invisible this round against the Pens. We already have that in Heatley and trying to get rid of it.

Hossa is twice the player Heatley is. Assuming we're talking about Marian that is :??:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum