GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade?

+12
TeamRenzo
asq2
beerandsens
SensFan71
Phoenix30
PTFlea
BigRig
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Mojo
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What is the TOP priority in the up-coming Heatley trade?

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_lcap213%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_lcap213%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_lcap228%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 28% [ 9 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_lcap26%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_lcap225%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 8 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_lcap215%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Because he is a UFA he makes total sense. The Sens are going to have to take risk in this trade as well, and cap. There it is.

Urkie

Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:Because he is a UFA he makes total sense. The Sens are going to have to take risk in this trade as well, and cap. There it is.

I agree as well and if Frolov proves he's a good player then we could potentially keep him. It's a risk sure but even if we lose him we gain so much cap space.

A LW who can score 30 plus goals as well. He also works the PK, PP, solid defensivly, and an extremely hard worker. I would almost RATHER have him then Heatley... he might be better in a year or two, not even kidding here.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:A LW who can score 30 plus goals as well. He also works the PK, PP, solid defensivly, and an extremely hard worker. I would almost RATHER have him then Heatley... he might be better in a year or two, not even kidding here.

Better all around i can see, but he'll never be the sniper that Heatley is.

Semantics Ahhhhh!

Heatley is, or was? Frolov playing with Spezza can prob hit 40. Ill take that with the ability to play in every situation over Heatley anyday.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:A LW who can score 30 plus goals as well. He also works the PK, PP, solid defensivly, and an extremely hard worker. I would almost RATHER have him then Heatley... he might be better in a year or two, not even kidding here.

True enough. I haven't seen the guy play a lot but whenever I have I've noticed he was not afraid to go to the front of the net. That's something we need as well.

It probably makes the most sense for Frolov to be part of the deal though since he will be looking for a raise after next season so in the long run they wouldn't be adding a lot to their cap. You've gotta think that Murray would then ask for one of their big defensive prospects (Johnson, Hickey or Teubert) and hopefully suck up that 5th overall draft pick. That just seems like the most logical trade to me and it's already been talked about but it just makes too much sense.

Tons of sense. I watch Frolov a lot as I have no life and take a vested intrest in the Kings, solid is the best way to describe him.

He can replace Heatley himself, I am very sure of that.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:

True enough. I haven't seen the guy play a lot but whenever I have I've noticed he was not afraid to go to the front of the net. That's something we need as well.

It probably makes the most sense for Frolov to be part of the deal though since he will be looking for a raise after next season so in the long run they wouldn't be adding a lot to their cap. You've gotta think that Murray would then ask for one of their big defensive prospects (Johnson, Hickey or Teubert) and hopefully suck up that 5th overall draft pick. That just seems like the most logical trade to me and it's already been talked about but it just makes too much sense.

he'll drive the net? sold on Frolov as well, I am one of those people that don't see the kings play much either, so haven't followed his progress much. as for D prospects, forget Johnson, and if it isn't Hickey or Teubert, then bring on Oscar Moller. That 5th pick is definitely enticing, that is in Duchene/MPS territory.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've been interested in Frolov ever since his name started popping up in rumours he could come to Ottawa via trade. No not this recent Heatley thing but well before that. I like the idea of Frolov, their 5th overall and a prospect for sure. It takes care of most of what Heatley brought in terms of offense and sets us up for years with the extra pick and prospect.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we can get 2/3 of a second line out of this, we're an instantly better team.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:If we can get 2/3 of a second line out of this, we're an instantly better team.

Frolov and Moller might be part of a 1st line and 2nd line to begin with, then that 5th pick, MPS, there is another part of a 2nd line right there perhaps, instant better team. If it's a D prospect like Teubert, even then we are better on offense and D, even better than expected.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:If we can get 2/3 of a second line out of this, we're an instantly better team.

Frolov and Moller might be part of a 1st line and 2nd line to begin with, then that 5th pick, MPS, there is another part of a 2nd line right there perhaps, instant better team. If it's a D prospect like Teubert, even then we are better on offense and D, even better than expected.

Kablam!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Kablam!

awfully sexy possiblities, but alas, all they are to this point are possibilities, what goes down may be very different than that, but Frolov still has to be the center piece to a LA deal.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Just a note. My buddy works with Alfie's brother. Normally he doesn't ask him about inside stuff, but he asked him what his brother thought about the Heatley situation. Alfie is none too pleased and has called Heatley to rip into him and tell him of his disappointment.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:Just a note. My buddy works with Alfie's brother. Normally he doesn't ask him about inside stuff, but he asked him what his brother thought about the Heatley situation. Alfie is none too pleased and has called Heatley to rip into him and tell him of his disappointment.
I wonder if Heatley is regretting all this or if it was a decision made in haste...

The media needs to hunt him out and get a mic in his face for a comment...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

jamvan wrote:Just a note. My buddy works with Alfie's brother. Normally he doesn't ask him about inside stuff, but he asked him what his brother thought about the Heatley situation. Alfie is none too pleased and has called Heatley to rip into him and tell him of his disappointment.

Good for him.

BTW, does Alfie's brother ever look like him eh? Used to always see him when I dropped off or picked up my girls from kindergarten. First time I thought it *was* Alfie when I saw him from a distance.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
I wonder if Heatley is regretting all this or if it was a decision made in haste...

The media needs to hunt him out and get a mic in his face for a comment...
He's hiding out in Calagary right now like a coward. Regardless, I don' tthink he can even start the season here. I'd be afraid of what some lunatic would do to him, he will undoubtedly be chastized by us (the fans) if he has to play here. I wonder how many eggs have hit his front door to date? Tantrum

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

Good for him.

BTW, does Alfie's brother ever look like him eh? Used to always see him when I dropped off or picked up my girls from kindergarten. First time I thought it *was* Alfie when I saw him from a distance.
Oh yea, there's no doubting they are from teh same family.

He's a good guy too who loves Ottawa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum