GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade?

+12
TeamRenzo
asq2
beerandsens
SensFan71
Phoenix30
PTFlea
BigRig
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Mojo
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

What is the TOP priority in the up-coming Heatley trade?

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_lcap20%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_lcap213%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_lcap213%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_lcap228%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 28% [ 9 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_lcap26%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_lcap225%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 8 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_lcap215%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:I think there will be a deal in place, in principal, kind of like the Raptors last year with O'Neil. I'm not gonna say this is a certainty, but I could see LA or Edmonton drafting the player Ottawa wants and making the trade after July 1.

so that can happen, Bram mentioned that on another thread as well and I didn't see why that couldn't happen.

A lot of uncertainty right now... It's sucks, but we might have to wait until training camp to really figure all this out as fans.

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:A lot of uncertainty right now... It's sucks, but we might have to wait until training camp to really figure all this out as fans.

I don't that will happen. Murray is going to move Heatley quickly so things can settle down in Ottawa, while also moving forward in UFA. It would also give the team time to build a marketing campaign around the new players.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:A lot of uncertainty right now... It's sucks, but we might have to wait until training camp to really figure all this out as fans.

yuck, that is a bit disappointing, but well, I guess everything was not meant to go as planned, but the return on him will/should still be great.

Should be... hopefully... with 1/3 of his salary almost paid, that should make him a lot more attractive honestly

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Should be... hopefully... with 1/3 of his salary almost paid, that should make him a lot more attractive honestly

I am so hoping you are right on this, just want this bum out of here and some good young, positive, team playing blood in return that will make this team better.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm just waiting to hear the "other factors" that played into his decision to demand a trade...

:^^^^:

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm just waiting to hear the "other factors" that played into his decision to demand a trade...

:^^^^:

the "snuff" is better on the west coast, has to be LA though, not Edmonton, not that I have sampled such snuff Laughing3

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:I think there will be a deal in place, in principal, kind of like the Raptors last year with O'Neil. I'm not gonna say this is a certainty, but I could see LA or Edmonton drafting the player Ottawa wants and making the trade after July 1.

If I'm Murray (and the whole Sens organization), I want this sorted out by June 26th, and certainly no later than the morning of July 1st. If you enter the UFA period with Heatley on your roster, you enter the UFA period without knowing the full story on your cap position or your roster needs. That means you miss out on your best window of opportunity to re-tool your team as needed.

The $4 mil bonus might be, as I think SSF mentioned, a non-issue. Heatley makes $8 mil next year, $4 mil in the 1-time bonus payment and $4 in salary. I'm sure whoever gets Heatley would like to avoid paying that if they could, but in the end I don't think it will present a serious roadblock. In the end, I find it highly implausible that Heatley at $31 mil is an easily traded asset, but nigh-unmovable at $35 mil. I'll be surprised if it even factors in, to be honest.

rooneypoo wrote:

If I'm Murray (and the whole Sens organization), I want this sorted out by June 26th, and certainly no later than the morning of July 1st. If you enter the UFA period with Heatley on your roster, you enter the UFA period without knowing the full story on your cap position or your roster needs. That means you miss out on your best window of opportunity to re-tool your team as needed.

The $4 mil bonus might be, as I think SSF mentioned, a non-issue. Heatley makes $8 mil next year, $4 mil in the 1-time bonus payment and $4 in salary. I'm sure whoever gets Heatley would like to avoid paying that if they could, but in the end I don't think it will present a serious roadblock. In the end, I find it highly implausible that Heatley at $31 mil is an easily traded asset, but nigh-unmovable at $35 mil. I'll be surprised if it even factors in, to be honest.

+1

Not only do you not know the full story with your own roster should Heatley be a Sen on July 1, the list of potential suitors will decrease as FA's are signed.

rooneypoo wrote:

Could be right, I was just throwing that out there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum