GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade?

+12
TeamRenzo
asq2
beerandsens
SensFan71
Phoenix30
PTFlea
BigRig
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Mojo
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What is the TOP priority in the up-coming Heatley trade?

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_lcap213%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_lcap213%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_lcap228%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 28% [ 9 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_lcap26%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_lcap225%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 8 ]
What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_lcap215%What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

jamvan wrote:Just a note. My buddy works with Alfie's brother. Normally he doesn't ask him about inside stuff, but he asked him what his brother thought about the Heatley situation. Alfie is none too pleased and has called Heatley to rip into him and tell him of his disappointment.

Good for him.

BTW, does Alfie's brother ever look like him eh? Used to always see him when I dropped off or picked up my girls from kindergarten. First time I thought it *was* Alfie when I saw him from a distance.

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
jamvan wrote:Just a note. My buddy works with Alfie's brother. Normally he doesn't ask him about inside stuff, but he asked him what his brother thought about the Heatley situation. Alfie is none too pleased and has called Heatley to rip into him and tell him of his disappointment.
I wonder if Heatley is regretting all this or if it was a decision made in haste...

The media needs to hunt him out and get a mic in his face for a comment...
He's hiding out in Calagary right now like a coward. Regardless, I don' tthink he can even start the season here. I'd be afraid of what some lunatic would do to him, he will undoubtedly be chastized by us (the fans) if he has to play here. I wonder how many eggs have hit his front door to date? Tantrum

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

Good for him.

BTW, does Alfie's brother ever look like him eh? Used to always see him when I dropped off or picked up my girls from kindergarten. First time I thought it *was* Alfie when I saw him from a distance.
Oh yea, there's no doubting they are from teh same family.

He's a good guy too who loves Ottawa.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
I wonder if Heatley is regretting all this or if it was a decision made in haste...

He's hiding out in Calagary right now like a coward. Regardless, I don' tthink he can even start the season here. I'd be afraid of what some lunatic would do to him, he will undoubtedly be chastized by us (the fans) if he has to play here. I wonder how many eggs have hit his front door to date? Tantrum
Someone needs to drop a flaming bag of crap on his front door step.

Heh heh.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
jamvan wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Someone needs to drop a flaming bag of crap on his front door step.

Heh heh.

:p:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

All the hate for Heatley, why? He was good for a while, and now that he's had one not-so-good year he's asked for a trade. Could you imagine if he *didn't* ask for one and we'd be forced someone else just because they happened to not have an NTC?

I'm not happy about how he played last year, and I honestly don't have any use for a player who puts himself above the team. But when said player asks to be traded, I do a little happy dance.

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 DancingSnoopy What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 01snoopymv9 What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 11t7wuh

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 SnoopyDance2 What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Snoopy-happydance

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:All the hate for Heatley, why? He was good for a while, and now that he's had one not-so-good year he's asked for a trade. Could you imagine if he *didn't* ask for one and we'd be forced someone else just because they happened to not have an NTC?

I'm not happy about how he played last year, and I honestly don't have any use for a player who puts himself above the team. But when said player asks to be traded, I do a little happy dance.

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 DancingSnoopy What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 01snoopymv9 What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 11t7wuh

What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 SnoopyDance2 What's the TOP priority in the upcoming Heatley trade? - Page 8 Snoopy-happydance

As long as its not Alfie right, or maybe Elliott, Karlsson perhaps?

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

If Frolov is involved and does come here. Murray can always move him at the deadline. I am sure some team would be willing to take on his reasonable cap hit for a stretch drive. Depending on his season I suspect he could fetch a nice return as well.

If Frolov comes here, produces at a good rate and fits in, you can count on Murray signing him to an extention.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:If Frolov comes here, produces at a good rate and fits in, you can count on Murray signing him to an extention.

Thats what i would hope but the upside is that Murray has options with Frolov.

Tons, which is why this is such a good thing for The Sens. Anyways, seems like Heatley isnt going anywhere before July 1 anyways.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Tons, which is why this is such a good thing for The Sens. Anyways, seems like Heatley isnt going anywhere before July 1 anyways.

I mentioned in another post that if we keep him beyond draft day and pay his 4m I wonder if his stock would go up as thats no longer a concern. If that is the case maybe a gm would be willing to swallow the 4m instead of overpaying. The McCabes trade is different than what is happening with Heatley. McCabe is an good player but Heatley is a rare top 5 scoring winger as such someone with money may consider paying the 4m bonus. Here's hoping anyways.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Phoenix30 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Tons, which is why this is such a good thing for The Sens. Anyways, seems like Heatley isnt going anywhere before July 1 anyways.

I mentioned in another post that if we keep him beyond draft day and pay his 4m I wonder if his stock would go up as thats no longer a concern. If that is the case maybe a gm would be willing to swallow the 4m instead of overpaying. The McCabes trade is different than what is happening with Heatley. McCabe is an good player but Heatley is a rare top 5 scoring winger as such someone with money may consider paying the 4m bonus. Here's hoping anyways.

Also, keep in mind that the overpayment here is only $500K. His cap hit is $7.5M while his salary plus bonus is $8M.

Sure, who wouldn't want to save $4M! But let's be realistic, here. It's like the old "Only serious buyers" note you see for auctions or sales of high-end stuff. We are not talking about a good, 30-goal scoring forward here.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm betting he's dealt as a "future consideration" at, or before, the draft.

I think there will be a deal in place, in principal, kind of like the Raptors last year with O'Neil. I'm not gonna say this is a certainty, but I could see LA or Edmonton drafting the player Ottawa wants and making the trade after July 1.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:I think there will be a deal in place, in principal, kind of like the Raptors last year with O'Neil. I'm not gonna say this is a certainty, but I could see LA or Edmonton drafting the player Ottawa wants and making the trade after July 1.

so that can happen, Bram mentioned that on another thread as well and I didn't see why that couldn't happen.

A lot of uncertainty right now... It's sucks, but we might have to wait until training camp to really figure all this out as fans.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:A lot of uncertainty right now... It's sucks, but we might have to wait until training camp to really figure all this out as fans.

I don't that will happen. Murray is going to move Heatley quickly so things can settle down in Ottawa, while also moving forward in UFA. It would also give the team time to build a marketing campaign around the new players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum