GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'?

+16
Flo The Action
beedub
Sp00nz
Urkie
asq2
Jordo
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Mojo
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'?

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_lcap234%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 34% [ 52 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_lcap23%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 5 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_lcap248%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 48% [ 74 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 14 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_lcap21%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 2 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_lcap21%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 2 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_lcap23%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 155

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

91POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:56 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:Schubert? I love him as a 4th liner who fills in on defense when asked. I can't stand him whining about getting a full-time D job. Seems he is no longer willing to do the former.

Kelly? Him I don't mind, but his contract is too much.

meh, Schubert is expendable, we have 4th line grinders galore and a log jam on D (not that he plays like you pointed out)

Kelly, one hell of a pker, but hands of stone.

Schubert is a very, very good grinder. He's got size, speed and a bit of a mean streak. At nearly $1M, though, he is a little on the high end of the scale. When he was a swing-man and filled in (fairly well, I might add) as a PK-ing D-man, he was worth that contract. With the cap going down, and with his attitude about playing D or nothing, I'm no longer crazy about him.

Kelly? Wow, what else can you say? He had enough chances to get 20+ goals last year, which would make him comparable to a John Madden type player. Without the goals, though, woof.

92POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:00 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:Schubert? I love him as a 4th liner who fills in on defense when asked. I can't stand him whining about getting a full-time D job. Seems he is no longer willing to do the former.

Kelly? Him I don't mind, but his contract is too much.

meh, Schubert is expendable, we have 4th line grinders galore and a log jam on D (not that he plays like you pointed out)

Kelly, one hell of a pker, but hands of stone.

Schubert is a very, very good grinder. He's got size, speed and a bit of a mean streak. At nearly $1M, though, he is a little on the high end of the scale. When he was a swing-man and filled in (fairly well, I might add) as a PK-ing D-man, he was worth that contract. With the cap going down, and with his attitude about playing D or nothing, I'm no longer crazy about him.

Kelly? Wow, what else can you say? He had enough chances to get 20+ goals last year, which would make him comparable to a John Madden type player. Without the goals, though, woof.

we have enough guys with attitude problems we are trying to get rid of, as much as Schubie hits like a mack truck, he whines much more, time to clear out the past problems of the team and head in a fresh direction, sans Schubert, sans Heatley, Kelly, well, will have to wait and see, he is one that has never complained to my knowledge, just needs to put the puck in the net more, like Fisher needs to as well, sheesh.

93POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:15 am

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Jason Smith, he has the pedigree to do the job right!

Good for you! I was going to log in as a guest and put Smith in there. He is the RIGHT guy for the job. I keep hearing unsubstantiated rumours about whether or not he will play again, that is why I voted differently. The closer we get to the season without confirmation, the more I think he will be in our lineup. I for one am damn happy about it.

94POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:25 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:Jason Smith, he has the pedigree to do the job right!

Good for you! I was going to log in as a guest and put Smith in there. He is the RIGHT guy for the job. I keep hearing unsubstantiated rumours about whether or not he will play again, that is why I voted differently. The closer we get to the season without confirmation, the more I think he will be in our lineup. I for one am damn happy about it.

thats what is holding a lot of us back I figure on giving him the A, here's hoping Gator is healthy this year, he is pure grit and a competitor, would love him mentoring Weircioch and Karlsson this year.

95POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

As much as Gator may deserve it, he's here for (at most) another season. We are not a young team without any veteran character like Philly was when he was their captain. Personally I would prefer the 'A' to go to Fisher or Spezza (voted for Spezza). This is not to say that Smith does not deserve it, it's just that we need to promote and nurture internal leadership, not just fill the spot for a season.

96POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i have to agree with prags jason smith is definitely the embodiment of a leader but we should be looking to promote guys who will be here a little longer term than one year

97POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:08 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well it seems as though GMHockey members have spoken with an overwhelming number of people voting for Fisher. I still think we need to go with a fresh perspective which is why I still think Kuba would be the guy but I can also see good reasoning behind Fisher. Not sold on Spezza. Give him the "A" when the next one's available IF he's earned it by then.

- Unknown Author

98POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:34 pm

With Heatley gone, I think it's a mistake to not give it to Spezza. It should be a clear sign to him that it's his time now and it's time to nut up. Hopefully he'd respond. With our luck, we'd give the A to someone else, and he'd request a trade. 🇬🇬

99POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:36 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I still would give it to A-Train, he's a diehard Sen game in and game out, battles, block shots, gives it all for the good of the team, that is what you want with an "A" on his jersey.

100POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:51 pm

SensFan71 wrote:I still would give it to A-Train, he's a diehard Sen game in and game out, battles, block shots, gives it all for the good of the team, that is what you want with an "A" on his jersey.

That was my vote, but as someone pointed out, the language barrier might be an issue. On the ice though, the man is a sick, sick beast.

101POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:56 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Lucky Day wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:I still would give it to A-Train, he's a diehard Sen game in and game out, battles, block shots, gives it all for the good of the team, that is what you want with an "A" on his jersey.

That was my vote, but as someone pointed out, the language barrier might be an issue. On the ice though, the man is a sick, sick beast.

they can talk to Big Rig and Alfie, A-Train is your leader by example.

102POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:02 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
Lucky Day wrote:

they can talk to Big Rig and Alfie, A-Train is your leader by example.

Alfredsson's also reputed to be a leader by example.

103POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Spezza gets it, do I win something?

104POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:If Spezza gets it, do I win something?

You win the right to be called MR. Montagoose... when you reach 5000 posts. cool)

- Unknown Author

105POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps some of you have the right idea. It probably should be Jason Smith to be perfectly honest. An arse-kicker.

106POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:32 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i would hope to give the A to someone who would be around longer than gator is going to be and just becasue he doesnt have an A doesnt mean he cannot be a leader

107POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:If Spezza gets it, do I win something?

You win the right to be called MR. Montagoose... when you reach 5000 posts. cool)

Only 807 to go. But Summer is coming up, so I think Jason will have the 'A' (or not) before they call me mister.

108POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 7 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed May 05, 2010 10:18 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Do those 51 people that voted for Spezza still think he should have an "A"?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum