GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'?

+16
Flo The Action
beedub
Sp00nz
Urkie
asq2
Jordo
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Mojo
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'?

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_lcap234%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 34% [ 52 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_lcap23%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 5 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_lcap248%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 48% [ 74 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 14 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_lcap21%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 2 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_lcap21%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 2 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_lcap23%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 155

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

76POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:03 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:Mike Fisher is deserving... It will be interesting to see if there is another off the board choice like Heathly was last year...

Like Spezza?

Assuming it's Clouston's un-influenced decision then I'd feel 10 times better about Spezza getting the "A" than I do right now.

77POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:Three Kuba's and not one Smith, that is a shocker. I am not sure who started the rumour that Smith is done but it was an effective rumour....

I think the problem is there's uncertainty over whether or not he even makes it to the end of next season with the Sens. I would pick Smith if I knew he'd be around but, as a sixth D man, even if he's healthy, at that cap hit, I don't want him around.

I know he's a warrior and a leader and blocks shots and he's the kind of guy you want on your team but not at that cap hit for that roll.

Even if you feel he's worth the money it still doesn't change the fact that he's only got one year left. Too much uncertainty for me to pick him.

For me it is the opposite. If he is healthy, he is the playoff warrior you need. He can still play an effective 17 minutes a night. He can shut down the best players in the league. He is never out of position and is still THE best shot blocker in the league. (I think Volchie is great but is second to Smith.) He is truly intimidating and has the respect of the entire league. He is great in the room... I say this same argument too much. I guess I am alone on this. I hope we are a playoff team next year and Gator is on our blue line. Then the haters will come around. He is a special player, not in terms of stats but certainly worth the money when healthy.

78POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:17 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:Three Kuba's and not one Smith, that is a shocker. I am not sure who started the rumour that Smith is done but it was an effective rumour....

I think the problem is there's uncertainty over whether or not he even makes it to the end of next season with the Sens. I would pick Smith if I knew he'd be around but, as a sixth D man, even if he's healthy, at that cap hit, I don't want him around.

I know he's a warrior and a leader and blocks shots and he's the kind of guy you want on your team but not at that cap hit for that roll.

Even if you feel he's worth the money it still doesn't change the fact that he's only got one year left. Too much uncertainty for me to pick him.

For me it is the opposite. If he is healthy, he is the playoff warrior you need. He can still play an effective 17 minutes a night. He can shut down the best players in the league. He is never out of position and is still THE best shot blocker in the league. (I think Volchie is great but is second to Smith.) He is truly intimidating and has the respect of the entire league. He is great in the room... I say this same argument too much. I guess I am alone on this. I hope we are a playoff team next year and Gator is on our blue line. Then the haters will come around. He is a special player, not in terms of stats but certainly worth the money when healthy.

Then I'll be happy to have him around and even without the "A" he'll have a great influence on the team then right?

79POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:00 am

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

A-Train

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

80POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A-Train already has an 'A', and not just the one in his nickname.

81POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Jason Smith, he has the pedigree to do the job right!

82POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:59 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:A-Train already has an 'A', and not just the one in his nickname.

i was pretty sure ottawa only has 2 A one was with phillips and one was heatley last year

83POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:15 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

No letter for Volchenkov. He may have worn a letter when another player was hurt.

84POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

i was pretty sure ottawa only has 2 A one was with phillips and one was heatley last year

And before that Wade Redden.

85POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

My bad. Sorry, I was thinking of the Big Rig, of course.

86POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:45 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

Redden! POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 209hikl

87POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lucky Day wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

So the last two recipients either asked, or were asked to be traded. Maybe we should give the 'A' to Schubert and Kelly.

Last edited by wprager on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total

88POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:15 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Lucky Day wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

So the last two recipients wither asked, or were asked to be traded. Maybe we should give the 'A' to Schubert and Kelly.

wanting Schubert and Kelly out of here I assume? Laughing3

89POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Schubert? I love him as a 4th liner who fills in on defense when asked. I can't stand him whining about getting a full-time D job. Seems he is no longer willing to do the former.

Kelly? Him I don't mind, but his contract is too much.

90POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:44 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Schubert? I love him as a 4th liner who fills in on defense when asked. I can't stand him whining about getting a full-time D job. Seems he is no longer willing to do the former.

meh, Schubert is expendable, we have 4th line grinders galore and a log jam on D (not that he plays like you pointed out)

Kelly, one hell of a pker, but hands of stone.

91POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:Schubert? I love him as a 4th liner who fills in on defense when asked. I can't stand him whining about getting a full-time D job. Seems he is no longer willing to do the former.

meh, Schubert is expendable, we have 4th line grinders galore and a log jam on D (not that he plays like you pointed out)

Schubert is a very, very good grinder. He's got size, speed and a bit of a mean streak. At nearly $1M, though, he is a little on the high end of the scale. When he was a swing-man and filled in (fairly well, I might add) as a PK-ing D-man, he was worth that contract. With the cap going down, and with his attitude about playing D or nothing, I'm no longer crazy about him.

Kelly? Wow, what else can you say? He had enough chances to get 20+ goals last year, which would make him comparable to a John Madden type player. Without the goals, though, woof.

92POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:00 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Schubert is a very, very good grinder. He's got size, speed and a bit of a mean streak. At nearly $1M, though, he is a little on the high end of the scale. When he was a swing-man and filled in (fairly well, I might add) as a PK-ing D-man, he was worth that contract. With the cap going down, and with his attitude about playing D or nothing, I'm no longer crazy about him.

Kelly? Wow, what else can you say? He had enough chances to get 20+ goals last year, which would make him comparable to a John Madden type player. Without the goals, though, woof.

we have enough guys with attitude problems we are trying to get rid of, as much as Schubie hits like a mack truck, he whines much more, time to clear out the past problems of the team and head in a fresh direction, sans Schubert, sans Heatley, Kelly, well, will have to wait and see, he is one that has never complained to my knowledge, just needs to put the puck in the net more, like Fisher needs to as well, sheesh.

93POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 6 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:15 am

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Jason Smith, he has the pedigree to do the job right!

Good for you! I was going to log in as a guest and put Smith in there. He is the RIGHT guy for the job. I keep hearing unsubstantiated rumours about whether or not he will play again, that is why I voted differently. The closer we get to the season without confirmation, the more I think he will be in our lineup. I for one am damn happy about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum