GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'?

+16
Flo The Action
beedub
Sp00nz
Urkie
asq2
Jordo
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Mojo
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'?

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_lcap234%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 34% [ 52 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 5 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_lcap248%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 48% [ 74 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 14 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 2 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 2 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 155

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

16POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:44 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I voted for Fisher because it's inevitable that he will get it. Jason Smith is the right choice, but he's probably as good as gone.

I think "Fish" will look fantastic with the "A" skating really, really fast and taking bad angle shots directly at the goalies crest.

17POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 am

My vote is Smith if he plays... BTW I never heard a substantiated report that he is not capable/wiliing. Since that perception is floating out there I officially chose Fisher.

18POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I voted for Fisher because it's inevitable that he will get it. Jason Smith is the right choice, but he's probably as good as gone.

I think "Fish" will look fantastic with the "A" skating really, really fast and taking bad angle shots directly at the goalies crest.

That's what I thought last season until they slapped it on Heatley. After that move I wouldn't be surprised no matter who they give the "A" to, unless of course they give it to me. Laughing3

19POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:03 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I voted for Fisher because it's inevitable that he will get it. Jason Smith is the right choice, but he's probably as good as gone.

That's what I thought last season until they slapped it on Heatley. After that move I wouldn't be surprised no matter who they give the "A" to, unless of course they give it to me. Laughing3

This is not just hindsight. I had said early on last season that giving Heatley the "A" was an indication that Hartsburg was not fit for the job.

Fisher seems like a pretty good guy. He'll wear it well.

20POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:07 am

Let's be honest here, this team has two leaders: Alfie and Phillips.

After that, there isn't any one player that fits the description of what an assistant captain should be.

The answer, from my perspective, is no one.

21POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:No Phillips on the list?

After the dismal two season's we've had... it's hard to pick a successor to the "A" to be honest...

I'll have to mull this over...

Phillips already has an A. Shrug

22POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:19 am

cash wrote:Let's be honest here, this team has two leaders: Alfie and Phillips.

After that, there isn't any one player that fits the description of what an assistant captain should be.

It's just a letter.

23POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

cash wrote:Let's be honest here, this team has two leaders: Alfie and Phillips.

I see Spezza on the bench all the time, talking it up, discussing plays, giving advice, taking criticism. He does have leadership qualitied. He's got the physical presence, he's got skill, he's cool under pressure. Unfortunately that only qualifies him for team captain on a Pee-Wee house leauge team Sad

Still, I think he has what it takes to be a leader.

24POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Heatley said "Ottawa was run by the old guard: Alfredsson (Captain), Phillips (Alternate) and Fisher."

He felt he was more appreciated in the Worlds overseas.

Wow...he got the A how again? Puking2

25POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:37 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Wow...he got the A how again? Puking2
A coach that didn't know how to read his players properly...

26POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
A coach that didn't know how to read his players properly...

If Murray had kept Hartsburg, I wouldn't be saying a thing for Heatley asking for a trade. But the fact that he brought in a real coach and now Heatley wants to bail...

27POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Heatley said "Ottawa was run by the old guard: Alfredsson (Captain), Phillips (Alternate) and Fisher."

Are you serious? He said that?

28POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Heatley said "Ottawa was run by the old guard: Alfredsson (Captain), Phillips (Alternate) and Fisher."

Let's take a breather. I haven't seen any quotes, yet. But everything is pointing that way. Clouston preached and practiced responsibility by allotting playing time based on performance. Heatley did not appear to like that, so good riddance. Get someone who *wants* to be here and at least gives the head coach a chance to show he knows what is needed. If Heatley really is leaving because he felt under-appreciated, then I don't want any more players with big contracts.

29POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yep, it was in today's Citizen or Sun. I'll see if I can produce the article.

30POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:49 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yep, it was in today's Citizen or Sun. I'll see if I can produce the article.

No need. Your word is good enough for me. Smile

31POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When I was in Switzerland to cover the world championship, I had a chance to speak to Heatley about the fan response he receives in Europe, especially in Switzerland, where he played briefly during the lockout. He is THE most admired Canadian player abroad ... at least he was on the recent worlds team. It's different in Ottawa. The "old guard," Heatley said, referring specifically to Alfredsson, Mike Fisher and Chris Phillips, own the town. He and Spezza hadn't been here long enough.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Scanley+Heater+wants+that+Clouston/1679901/story.html

32POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:No need. Your word is good enough for me. Smile

Oh...oh well, it didn't take long to find. cool)

33POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:57 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:When I was in Switzerland to cover the world championship, I had a chance to speak to Heatley about the fan response he receives in Europe, especially in Switzerland, where he played briefly during the lockout. He is THE most admired Canadian player abroad ... at least he was on the recent worlds team. It's different in Ottawa. The "old guard," Heatley said, referring specifically to Alfredsson, Mike Fisher and Chris Phillips, own the town. He and Spezza hadn't been here long enough.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Scanley+Heater+wants+that+Clouston/1679901/story.html
Man... it's like we're seeing a whole different Heatley... he gets demoted and then complains and ultimately asks to be traded.

Frig.

Prima Donna all the way...

See ya.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum