GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'?

+16
Flo The Action
beedub
Sp00nz
Urkie
asq2
Jordo
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Mojo
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'?

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_lcap234%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 34% [ 52 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_lcap23%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 5 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_lcap248%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 48% [ 74 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 14 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_lcap21%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 2 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_lcap21%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 2 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_lcap23%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 155

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

46POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:21 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Many 50-goal scorers are prima donnas. All you need is more than one buyer, and assuming the black list does not have 28 teams on it there will be a bidding war.

47POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:33 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

i think it would be helpful to spezza to have but he isnt ready yet another little while of hard work and improved play but i also like the idea that cap put out about how kuba wants to stay and he demonstrated his quality last year mike fisher is the other good candidate i think he should get it because despite kuba working hard and wanting to stay mike has always given everything he had

48POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:52 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm voting for Spezza for several reasons:

He takes criticism and for the most part he doesn't let it get to him. He's upbeat, talks to the media and by all indications is starting to grow into a man. Also, Spezza's getting married this summer - and you cannot discount how much that means to the maturity of a young man.

Also, I think this might serve as a pretty serious wake up call to Spezza. I think he'll start to understand the urgency needed to play for a Canadian team - if he hasn't got it already. Under Clouston, Spezza was obviously a better player - and I think Clouston's a good enough teacher that we haven't even begun to see the impact he can have.

This is Spezza's team going forward - unless of course he decides that he also wants to be traded. He's the most talented player (perhaps behind Alfredsson) and like him or not - he wants to succeed.

It think the time has come to reward this guy for taking criticism at every turn and not letting it ruin him. Or babying out - like the older Dany Heatley.

Heatley was a joke as an alternate captain. An absolute joke. Spezza will not be, I can see it now, I think he'll be a team player and a team leader.

In fact, I think he already is.

Honourable mention to Mike Fisher. And to a lesser extent Filip Kuba. It was a close call for me.

Wow! Very good points. I personally voted for Fisher, but I'd be happy to see Spezza get it as well.

Having either one of these guys get it will make a huge difference for this team.

In a sense, I would prefer Fisher to get it to balance out the leadership throughout the whole team. Phillips and Alfie are both on the first unit together. Fisher is on the 2nd line. I think we need someone on the 2nd line for it to really work.

Also, Fisher is already an awesome leader, and I think he needs the A in order to feel that he can really tell the guys how it is. Without the A, he might be holding back a bit.

Fisher will kick anyone's Donkey if they aren't playing to the potential they should be, he'll take them out back and give them a good beating. The A will give him the opportunity to really say how he feels, IMO.

49POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:05 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wow quite a variety of answers, very positive to see that we have that much leadership in the dressing room, hopefully it is not perceived leadership though. I would also include Kuba in that group since he definitely wants to be here, overrode his agent to sign with us, the only reason I picked A-Train over him was his tenure with the club and the type of player he is. Kuba can step in for A-Train if he gets hurt

50POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
Fisher will kick anyone's Donkey if they aren't playing to the potential they should be, he'll take them out back and give them a good beating. The A will give him the opportunity to really say how he feels, IMO.

Laughing3 What an awesome avatar. I'm amused.

51POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:56 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Laughing3 What an awesome avatar. I'm amused.

I never noticed, nice use of photo editing software Laughing3

52POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:46 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Anybody want to guess who I voted for?

Haha.

53POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:47 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Jordo wrote:Anybody want to guess who I voted for?

Haha.

well I know it wasn't Chris Kelly, so who was it? Laughing3

54POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:09 pm

A-train is my choice.

55POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:46 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Earn it first for Spezza. Fisher deserves the "A" right now and has earned it time and time again.

I wouldnt have a huge problem giving it to Spezza to put a little more resposibility on him, but at the end of the day its just a letter.

Agreed.

Also, if you're going to keep Fisher with that contract, you almost have to justify it by giving him that captaincy.

Let Spezza know that the opportunity's there, though. Just battle more and keep moving your feet and it's yours.

56POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:56 pm

Some teams have 3 A's, and if Spezza earns one this year, give out a 3rd. Gotta let him know that they are counting on him. I am totally on Spezza's side at this point.

TONS to prove, but way more breathing space for everyone

57POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:02 am

Neely4Life wrote:Some teams have 3 A's, and if Spezza earns one this year, give out a 3rd. Gotta let him know that they are counting on him. I am totally on Spezza's side at this point.

I don't understand this about face. I'm not splitting hairs just cause it's you, but you've been critical to say the least about Spezza. Comments like he's a lifetime loser etc.

How does Heatley not being here change Spezza that way?

58POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:06 am

hemlock wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Some teams have 3 A's, and if Spezza earns one this year, give out a 3rd. Gotta let him know that they are counting on him. I am totally on Spezza's side at this point.

I don't understand this about face. I'm not splitting hairs just cause it's you, but you've been critical to say the least about Spezza. Comments like he's a lifetime loser etc.

He is a career loser to this point, no doubt. He hasnt won a thing. He is now in a situation that he should have been in before. A player that is on a struggling team, LEARNING how to win and not expecting it.

The work ahead for Spezza is insane at this point, but now EVERYONE can relax a bit because the cap isnt an issue, we can build a team where Spezza is FORCED to be a leader. The pressure is off now. Tons to prove, but tons of time now.

59POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:23 am

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

I think Fisher will get it because he's been around the team for so long and because of his work ethic. Spezza would be my #2 choice but he's going to have to wait a little while first I think.

60POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:40 am

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

Urkie wrote:I think Fisher will get it because he's been around the team for so long and because of his work ethic. Spezza would be my #2 choice but he's going to have to wait a little while first I think.

Unless Murray decides to keep Smith its gotta be Fisher.

61POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:59 am

Neely4Life wrote:
hemlock wrote:

He is a career loser to this point, no doubt. He hasnt won a thing. He is now in a situation that he should have been in before. A player that is on a struggling team, LEARNING how to win and not expecting it.

The work ahead for Spezza is insane at this point, but now EVERYONE can relax a bit because the cap isnt an issue, we can build a team where Spezza is FORCED to be a leader. The pressure is off now. Tons to prove, but tons of time now.

Fair enough. If he doesn't prove it though, we are hooped.

62POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:05 am

Meh, not such a big deal anymore. Tons of time.

EVERYTHING was pending on Spezza and that NTC.

63POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:11 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Meh, not such a big deal anymore. Tons of time.

EVERYTHING was pending on Spezza and that NTC.

Heatley did Spezza and the rest of the team a favour by demanding out of Ottawa, Spezza will thank him when he gets his game going right and Ottawa starts making a push for that cup again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum