GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2

+2
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2

POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Vote_lcap242%POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 8 ]
POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Vote_lcap258%POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Vote_rcap2 58% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Phillips says 'no' to waiving his NTC, do you begin negotiations with him on an extension?

2POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:24 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

3 x 3. And the option is well-worded since I think he'll want 4 but it's worth a try.

If you have any intention of letting him walk, even in the slightest, you have to get that pick. In that instance you settle for whatever you can get.

3POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:3 x 3. And the option is well-worded since I think he'll want 4 but it's worth a try.

If you have any intention of letting him walk, even in the slightest, you have to get that pick. In that instance you settle for whatever you can get.

Agreed - and this is the balancing act that prevents Murray from coaching and GMing right now.

It'll be tricky...but I think Phillips might remain a Senator when all is said and done.

4POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:28 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:3 x 3. And the option is well-worded since I think he'll want 4 but it's worth a try.

Agreed - and this is the balancing act that prevents Murray from coaching and GMing right now.

It'll be tricky...but I think Phillips might remain a Senator when all is said and done.

Having said that, Murray needs to Dung or get off the pot pretty much NOW. With different options starting to come into the trade market, including Volchenkov, I'm not opposed to jumping the gun somewhat if people want to overpay today.

5POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

What is the top 4 in 2012-2013?

Karlsson - Cowen
Rundblad - Gonchar/Phillips

If you trade Gonchar, I'd look to keep Phillips at a reasonable cost. If Gonchar is the future vet, you can't tie up Phillips at 3 mil per year playing in the #5 spot.

6POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Having said that, Murray needs to Dung or get off the pot pretty much NOW. With different options starting to come into the trade market, including Volchenkov, I'm not opposed to jumping the gun somewhat if people want to overpay today.

Volchenkov? Really?

7POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:What is the top 4 in 2012-2013?

Karlsson - Cowen
Rundblad - Gonchar/Phillips

If you trade Gonchar, I'd look to keep Phillips at a reasonable cost. If Gonchar is the future vet, you can't tie up Phillips at 3 mil per year playing in the #5 spot.

You could, but I know what you mean.

8POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:36 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i say you re-sign him but no NTC... sorry buddy you keep that can of suckass open for one more season and you're trade bait baby.

9POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:i say you re-sign him but no NTC... sorry buddy you keep that can of suckass open for one more season and you're trade bait baby.

Yeah, because teams will be killing themselves to acquire a guy whose shat the bed for 2 straight years and has 2 more years on his contract. Wink

10POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:38 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Volchenkov? Really?

Names were kind of flying around on the radio this morning and Volchenkov is rumoured to be "on the block."

11POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Names were kind of flying around on the radio this morning and Volchenkov is rumoured to be "on the block."

For Kuba? Sarcasm

12POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:43 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

ahhh tough call. Yeah you'd want to resign him but let's be honest here, he's absolutely had a horrendous year for the sens. Looking back at what happened with Kuba, at least Kuba was playing somewhat well when we re-signed him to 3 year contract. Some small justification for that. With phillips, we can't say that for this season. All we're banking on is that he's been with the sens for so long and has been such a pivotal part of the org and was always dependable. As much as I wanna use that excuse, we used that with Redden didn't we? we can't repeat our mistakes.

really, come what may, Phillips needs to be traded if he's not resigned at the same cap number.

13POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:43 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i say you re-sign him but no NTC... sorry buddy you keep that can of suckass open for one more season and you're trade bait baby.

Yeah, because teams will be killing themselves to acquire a guy whose shat the bed for 2 straight years and has 2 more years on his contract. Wink

even if it's for a 4rth rounder, you didn't lose him for nothing.

at any rate phillips would probably be better off on the 2nd pairing. the sooner he ends up there the better.

14POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:52 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

For Kuba? Sarcasm

That might not be a fit for them but maybe, with Arnott leaving, Fisher might be of interest?

15POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips POLL Question #2 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

For Kuba? Sarcasm

That might not be a fit for them but maybe, with Arnott leaving, Fisher might be of interest?

I can't believe I'm gonna say this: no deal, I'd prefer to have Fisher than Volchenkov. Facepalm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum