GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you want Jay Bo if it meant losing Phillips?

+3
PTFlea
smash88
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Ottawa Fans - Would you want Jay Bo if it meant losing Phillips?

Would you want Jay Bo if it meant losing Phillips? Vote_lcap280%Would you want Jay Bo if it meant losing Phillips? Vote_rcap2 80% [ 12 ]
Would you want Jay Bo if it meant losing Phillips? Vote_lcap220%Would you want Jay Bo if it meant losing Phillips? Vote_rcap2 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good discussion going on in Chat about this very thing so, I thought I'd post a poll about it.

- Unknown Author

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Good discussion going on in Chat about this very thing so, I thought I'd post a poll about it.

I'd say yes conditionally... Because if Phillips is in there, I wouldn't want to part with any other Roster player.... So Phillips and a 1st does it for me... Maybe not for Florida though...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Loaded question here. Yes is the most obvious question.

After last nights game (and his most recent play) I really can't say no. A big reason for my defence of Phillips was sentimentality and wanting to see him retire as a Sen, but I can't argue that Bouw isn't a definite upgrade.
Also, without Phillips, we would be much more capable handling J.Bo's cap hit.

How about Phillips, Vermette, Hennessy, SJ 1st
for
J.Bo, Booth

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

That's too much to pay. Philips and SJ 1st for J.B maybe but adding Vermette is too much (I don't know much about Booth).

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

cash wrote:After last nights game (and his most recent play) I really can't say no. A big reason for my defence of Phillips was sentimentality and wanting to see him retire as a Sen, but I can't argue that Bouw isn't a definite upgrade.

for
J.Bo, Booth

I think that if you consider contracts, Volchenkov's a UFA after next year and will be wanting much more money...I would rather trade him and keep Philips...

That's if, of course, we had to trade one of them cause they're both warriors and good guys.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

No.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Also, why is a yes/no pole multiple choice?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm going to go ahead and ignore Phillips' last 2 HORRIBLE games, and say NO. I think we can get him without having to move one of our top 2 guys. We need Phillips here, whether he scores or not. He's just too good defensively and in tough situations. (Again, ignoring his last 2 games)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:After last nights game (and his most recent play) I really can't say no. A big reason for my defence of Phillips was sentimentality and wanting to see him retire as a Sen, but I can't argue that Bouw isn't a definite upgrade.

for
J.Bo, Booth

Diddle me, yes!

Phillips isnt what he used to be, he is going through the same thing Redden has.

Last year everyone was horrible, yes, but so was Phillips. He is making rookie mistakes out there at this point, not getting his nose dirty any more and looks softer than he has since Martin used him as a forward. If it was J Bo for Phillips, in a second. J Bo has assets that Phillips has never, and will ever have.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It depends on the deal that comes along.

Phillips is definitely not the first, second, third, or fourth guy on this team I try to move.

Keep in mind, this team is probably not going for the cup this year, and Bouw is a UFA. Learn from San Jose last year. Even though Campbell fit in quite well with their team, he left for the money. If we traded away a core player (Phillips) for a rental, it would go down as the worst trade in Ottawa history (or up there anyways).

Phillips is signed to a great pricetag, and earns his money every year. I'm giving the guy a break.

That said, the deal with Booth I'd take in a heartbeat. That is basically Phillips for Bouw, Vermette for Booth, Hennessy is a toss-in, and we pay a low 1st??? We're dreaming.

True story ^ ... I was hoping that Bouw's UFA status and Martin's supposed love of Vermette would be enough to overlook that fact :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum