GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guess where Phillips ends up

+4
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
CockRoche
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Simple, take a guess where Phillips will end up and what we'll get for him. We'll see who ends up the closest.

My guess:

To the Bruins for Ryan Spooner (or Jared Knight, but I think Spooner). :0

2Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:56 am

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Some place that needs an instant captain obviously.

3Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vancouver, FTC.

4Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:24 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I thought he was going nowhere and was going to be our future captain?

5Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I thought he was going nowhere and was going to be our future captain?

Vancouver *is* nowhere.

Guess where Phillips ends up 164414

6Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:18 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll say San Jose but it's just for the fun of guessing not because I have any info to support it. The obvious choices would be Montreal, Boston or he stays here but I'll buck the trend and say the Sharks.

7Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:38 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'll say San Jose but it's just for the fun of guessing not because I have any info to support it. The obvious choices would be Montreal, Boston or he stays here but I'll buck the trend and say the Sharks.

I'm curious why Boston. I've heard a few mention it already, here and there. Boston is pretty good defensively, no? They need more offense, if anything.

They can have Kuba He's a puck mover. Sarcasm

8Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:41 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'll say San Jose but it's just for the fun of guessing not because I have any info to support it. The obvious choices would be Montreal, Boston or he stays here but I'll buck the trend and say the Sharks.

I'm curious why Boston. I've heard a few mention it already, here and there. Boston is pretty good defensively, no? They need more offense, if anything.

They can have Kuba He's a puck mover. Sarcasm

You can never have too much depth at D. They should take them both. Sarcasm

9Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, Boston certainly has defensive height, but depth?

Guess where Phillips ends up 164414

10Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:58 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

After going over the list of 2011 FA D, I'll say nowhere, & that he is re-signed here.

11Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:59 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I thought he was going nowhere and was going to be our future captain?

Once again, name a better choice & I'll try not to laugh too hard.

12Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:10 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:After going over the list of 2011 FA D, I'll say nowhere, & that he is re-signed here.

You've already agreed that our D is crowded without Phillips so why would they be shopping the FA market?

Gonchar, Kuba, Campoli, Carkner, Lee, Karlsson, Rundblad, Cowen all fighting for 6 spots.

Gonchar - Do we really think he's going anywhere with the term left on his deal?
Campoli - Why not re-sign him? He's still relatively young, still showing improvement on the defensive side, he's an RFA and he'll be a cheap re-signing. Throw in the fact that a first rounder was involved in obtaining him in the first place.
Lee - No one wants him and he's shown now that he's a capable 7th if not 6th D
Karlsson - Obviously he's here
Carkner - Perfect bottom pairing D who can play some PK. No reason to move him.
Kuba - Good luck finding a taker. Maybe someone takes him in the off season or he's bought out so we'll give that one as gone for the sake of argument.

So that's 5 spots taken up with one of Rundblad or Cowen taking the 6th. Do they go with 7 D again this year? I'm not convinced since it's a re-build and they'll probably be pinching pennies especially if they buy out Kuba.

13Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Once again, name a better choice & I'll try not to laugh too hard.

How about we go with the guy Alfie picks? Wink

14Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:15 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:After going over the list of 2011 FA D, I'll say nowhere, & that he is re-signed here.

You've already agreed that our D is crowded without Phillips so why would they be shopping the FA market?

Gonchar, Kuba, Campoli, Carkner, Lee, Karlsson, Rundblad, Cowen all fighting for 6 spots.

Gonchar - Do we really think he's going anywhere with the term left on his deal?
Campoli - Why not re-sign him? He's still relatively young, still showing improvement on the defensive side, he's an RFA and he'll be a cheap re-signing. Throw in the fact that a first rounder was involved in obtaining him in the first place.
Kuba - Good luck finding a taker. Maybe someone takes him in the off season or he's bought out so we'll give that one as gone for the sake of argument.

So that's 5 spots taken up with one of Rundblad or Cowen taking the 6th. Do they go with 7 D again this year? I'm not convinced since it's a re-build and they'll probably be pinching pennies especially if they buy out Kuba.

We're not starting next year with that sorry-sack, cluster-Diddle of a D core. No Cussing way. Melnyk is a guy who wants to win, sooner rather than later. You'll be seeing some of those players / contracts going for sure, if it can be done. Our D was too brutal this year to think about bringing it back basically entirely intact, with the only change being Phillips gone & a rookie inserted.

15Guess where Phillips ends up Empty Re: Guess where Phillips ends up Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:18 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

We're not starting next year with that sorry-sack, cluster-Diddle of a D core. No Cussing way. Melnyk is a guy who wants to win, sooner rather than later. You'll be seeing some of those players / contracts going for sure, if it can be done. Our D was too brutal this year to think about bringing it back basically entirely intact, with the only change being Phillips gone & a rookie inserted.

Actually, in my scenario, I'm being realistic about the amount of movement that is acutally possible and it's Kuba AND Phillips gone. You've already said don't get our hopes up since there probably won't be much movement and now your saying there will be lots but we'll keep Phillips.

So what changes do you anticipate? What does our D look like next season?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum