GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final guess on Zibanejad: SEL or NHL/AHL?

+18
Riprock
wprager
spader
stempniaksen
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
SDH89
sandysensfan
shabbs
Flo The Action
dennycrane
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Hoags
tim1_2
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Simple as the title says. SEL or NHL?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

NHL.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sweden

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NHL / AHL

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

They will play it safe

SEL

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NHL

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

NHL/AHL

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That article today by Brennan was so bad. Zibanejad is not close to Tyler Seguin in terms of style. What a dumb comparison.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:That article today by Brennan was so bad. Zibanejad is not close to Tyler Seguin in terms of style. What a dumb comparison.

I have recently started to make a conscious effort NOT to read anything by Brennan or Garrioch. My life has become much better (less rage). I recommend everyone try the same.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NHL. I decided the game after they switched him back to center.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Should be SEL and I think that is what they will do.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'd say SEL as well. just look what it did for Silf. Maybe he's gotta find his scoring touch over there and then come over to win in a more physical NA style. his experience here might help him succeed back across the pond. as long as he remembers how he played. I find he looks a little lost on the ice over here.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NHL.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:i'd say SEL as well. just look what it did for Silf. Maybe he's gotta find his scoring touch over there and then come over to win in a more physical NA style. his experience here might help him succeed back across the pond. as long as he remembers how he played. I find he looks a little lost on the ice over here.

I said SEL as well, but we don't know what it has done for Silfverberg. He has not yet stepped foot on NHL ice.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

NHL

The Sens will lose all control of his development in the SEL. Djursgarden (sp?) can promise all the ice time they want but it's no guarantee.

Zibby is big enough to play in the NHL. The game in the SEL is completely different than the NHL. If he goes back, he will have the same issues next year when he returns... the smaller ice surface, faster pace and more physical. Not sure more development in the SEL helps in any way to his NHL game.

The Sens are re-building. Let the young guys play and grow together.

You can't compare Zibby to Courturier, Landeskog, Skinner, Seguin... He did not grow up on the smaller ice surface so will take him longer to adjust. Landeskog came from Sweden.. but he has been playing on the smaller ice for the past several years.

Not only does Zibby have to basically learn a new style of hockey.. he has to adapt to a new culture.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum