GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final guess on Zibanejad: SEL or NHL/AHL?

+18
Riprock
wprager
spader
stempniaksen
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
SDH89
sandysensfan
shabbs
Flo The Action
dennycrane
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Hoags
tim1_2
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Is "IF" Swedish for "is"?

Hey, weren't you the one offering to buy someone a spellchecker for Christmas? Sarcasm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

No, the team is called Djurgardens IF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djurg%C3%A5rdens_IF_Hockey

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:No, the team is called Djurgardens IF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djurg%C3%A5rdens_IF_Hockey

Aw, dang, but my joke would have been so clever if it was a typo. Dammit!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The best career move is to send Mika to the AHL. His skills won't progress in the right way in the SEL. Put him on North American ice against less talented players. He'll get top-six minutes in Bingo and he can develop like the rest of our prospects.

I'm sure Lehner wouldn't mind having another young Swede down there either.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He can't go to the AHL as far as we know due to the SEL contract and the NHL's player transfer agreement. It's either NHL or SEL. If the AHL was an option, we would not be having this conversation.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The best career move is to send Mika to the AHL. His skills won't progress in the right way in the SEL. Put him on North American ice against less talented players. He'll get top-six minutes in Bingo and he can develop like the rest of our prospects.

Did Mats Sundin and Nick Bakctrom's skills not process in the SEL?

SEL is a better choice than Binghamton.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:He can't go to the AHL as far as we know due to the SEL contract and the NHL's player transfer agreement. It's either NHL or SEL. If the AHL was an option, we would not be having this conversation.

But once his ELC has kicked in (game 10) then he is NHL-property so the Sens should be able to do what they wish with him, such as send him to Bingo and call up as they wish. The cost of that is he is one year closer to RFA, versus the inability to have him up here until his SEL season is over (and maybe for the entire year). Having him here lets us oversee his development (either in the NHL or AHL), have him called up whenever we want, get him in on the Calder Cup playoff run (hopefully).

All that, and he's got Alfie here for this year and maybe not the next.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:He can't go to the AHL as far as we know due to the SEL contract and the NHL's player transfer agreement. It's either NHL or SEL. If the AHL was an option, we would not be having this conversation.

But once his ELC has kicked in (game 10) then he is NHL-property so the Sens should be able to do what they wish with him, such as send him to Bingo and call up as they wish. The cost of that is he is one year closer to RFA, versus the inability to have him up here until his SEL season is over (and maybe for the entire year). Having him here lets us oversee his development (either in the NHL or AHL), have him called up whenever we want, get him in on the Calder Cup playoff run (hopefully).

Have we confirmed that?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Have we confirmed that?

No, but it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

What does "The Jersey" say?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All I've heard is that the Murray's promised him he would not have to play in the AHL which is pretty weak, IMO.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
All I've heard is that the Murray's promised him he would not have to play in the AHL which is pretty weak, IMO.

Kind of like he "supposedly" promised Filatov top-6 ice time and PP time ? Doesn't sound right.

I keep hearing its SEL or NHL, only way out of his SEL contract is if he plays in the NHL. If he's not playing in the NHL, Sens are obligated to return him to the SEL. That's my understanding.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The best career move is to send Mika to the AHL. His skills won't progress in the right way in the SEL. Put him on North American ice against less talented players. He'll get top-six minutes in Bingo and he can develop like the rest of our prospects.

You're basing that on what?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't buy that he won't be playing in the AHL either. If he is there for 40 games and is still struggling to score, he will for sure be sent down to Bingo.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Of course he will. If he's still lacking in the new year, he'll go down for sure.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

It's a better league. He wouldn't have to ride buses. He would be far more comfortable and close to his family.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

It's a better league. He wouldn't have to ride buses. He would be far more comfortable and close to his family.

SteffeG would back you up there for sure.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

That's an opinion. So what. Agree but comfort isn't always the best thing for players either, don't know if that's the case with Zibanejad or not.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Have we confirmed that?

It was confirmed by Dean Brown today on the radio. According to Murray once his ELC has kicked in he can be sent to Bingo. The question is why would you burn a year of his ELC playing him in the AHL. In this case it would be better. Yes you lose a year of his ELC, but that year you lose would give him a years worth of experience in a league similar in playing style to the NHL, which would be far better than the experience he would get in the SEL.

He would grow in the SEL, I'm not arguing that. But he needs to learn how to play a NA game on small ice under pressure, and he won't get that experience in the SEL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum