GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day

+8
LeCaptain
jawal
TheAvatar
ddt
Flo The Action
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

POLL: What to do with Phillips?

POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Vote_lcap240%POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Vote_lcap240%POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Vote_lcap213%POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Vote_lcap27%POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bobby Mac said this morning that he thought Phillips would yield a 2nd round pick at the deadline - the question of this poll is:

Would you take the 2nd rounder for Phillips if that's the best offered, or would that prompt you to try to negotiate a new contract for him (assuming you want to keep him around)

2POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:21 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

2nd only won't cut it. Besides, it's not worth kicking that guy to the curb unless it's basically an overpayment.

3POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:15 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If it's a pure rental situation, then I'll take the 2nd, then we sign him in the off-season. It will all depend on the conditions I guess.

4POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

agreed, take the second and re-sign on july 1st.

5POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:21 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:2nd only won't cut it. Besides, it's not worth kicking that guy to the curb unless it's basically an overpayment.

Unless you are nearly certain you want to re-sign him in July (assuming that's the teams plan).

I'm all for the accrual of extra picks.

6POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:32 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:2nd only won't cut it. Besides, it's not worth kicking that guy to the curb unless it's basically an overpayment.

Unless you are nearly certain you want to re-sign him in July (assuming that's the teams plan).

I'm all for the accrual of extra picks.

I don't even think it's a question of wanting to re-sign him. If he's not already signed by the trade deadline, you have to get what you can for him, and take your chances after July 1st.

7POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:32 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I read somewhere that he said not to expect him to re-sign here if he got traded

8POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:35 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

TheAvatar wrote:I read somewhere that he said not to expect him to re-sign here if he got traded

Well then, tough cookies for him. Re-sign before the trade deadline, or see ya.

9POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:00 pm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

ddt wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I read somewhere that he said not to expect him to re-sign here if he got traded

I remember the quote as not so strong. This was when media people, bloggers and forum posters were speculating that the Sens could trade him for a draft pick and then resign him in the summer.

Basically he said that if I am traded, it is not guaranteed that I will resign with Ottawa in the summer.

10POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:02 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I take the 2nd rounder and run away with it. This year's top 60 is full of potential. Veeery deep.
You want philips you re-sign him in the off season.

11POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:30 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:If it's a pure rental situation, then I'll take the 2nd, then we sign him in the off-season. It will all depend on the conditions I guess.

If GMs could arrange for that to happen, don't you think they'd do it more often?

Stop thinking that the trade & re-sign option is a viable one, let alone a cut-&-dried matter & an easy one to pull off. I think 2-3 players in the entire league have done that since the lockout (Recchi, Tkachuk?).

Trading Phillips for a 2nd would be an absolute nightmare. That's part of the reason why I think it more likely that he'll be re-signed in the next few weeks.

12POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:31 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

ddt wrote:

Those are the only two options we should be thinking about. The trade & re-sign one is out to lunch.

13POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:51 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:If it's a pure rental situation, then I'll take the 2nd, then we sign him in the off-season. It will all depend on the conditions I guess
If GMs could arrange for that to happen, don't you think they'd do it more often?

Stop thinking that the trade & re-sign option is a viable one, let alone a cut-&-dried matter & an easy one to pull off. I think 2-3 players in the entire league have done that since the lockout (Recchi, Tkachuk?).

Trading Phillips for a 2nd would be an absolute nightmare. That's part of the reason why I think it more likely that he'll be re-signed in the next few weeks.
Oh, a trade and re-sign is a gamble for sure, but represents the best "return" for the Sens. If we can pull it off, then do it. That's all I was saying.

I fully expect him to sign an extension.

14POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm glad to see that a large % of us would take a 2nd rounder for Phillips. That'll make it less painful for some of us when it happens. I just hope he waives his NTC.

15POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:12 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I think they will ask and receive two components for Phillips or will be part of a much larger deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum