GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll

+12
Hoags
The Silfer Server
rooneypoo
shabbs
beerandsens
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PTFlea
Sens19
Tuk Tuk
spader
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Considering his play thus far, is Neil worth the $2mil?

Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll Vote_lcap259%Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll Vote_rcap2 59% [ 20 ]
Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll Vote_lcap29%Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll Vote_lcap232%Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll Vote_rcap2 32% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 34

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Neil has been playing really well so far this year. He's getting pucks on net, hitting whatever moves, bringing an energy game and whatever line he's on seems to be dominating the play. When he signed his new contract, many were opposed to the dollars. I contend that, thus far, he's proving that he's not there for his pugilistic skills alone; he's a hockey player that fights, not a fighter on skates. This player is no Colton Orr.

I contend further that he's earning every penny at this point in the season. If he continues this type of play, will anyone still say he's overpaid?

Last edited by spader on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Should make this a poll

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

If I knew how, I'd be all over that.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I just figured out how to start a poll. Anyone know how to add a poll to an existing thread?

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Is it there if you try to edit the first post?

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Me like this thread alot and yes he's deserving of the money imo

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks Tuk, poll is up. You were on the money about editing the first post.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I think he's a little overpaid, I love what he does, but 2 million is a little too much IMO. I would have been happier with 1.6-1.8.

However, being a family man, atleast we don't have to worry about him using it unwisely.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

If he can continue to play like he has so far, I'd find it difficult to defend a position that he's overpaid. The game that he's bringing up to this point is worth $2 mil easy. That, of course, is just my opinion.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Tuk Tuk wrote:I think he's a little overpaid, I love what he does, but 2 million is a little too much IMO. I would have been happier with 1.6-1.8.

However, being a family man, atleast we don't have to worry about him using it unwisely.

Maybe a 1.6-1.8 contract would have been better, and there's no denying he's overpais at $2 million but he's a player worth overpaying for imo

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:If he can continue to play like he has so far, I'd find it difficult to defend a position that he's overpaid. The game that he's bringing up to this point is worth $2 mil easy. That, of course, is just my opinion.

Oh, I agree he's been playing great so far, but he'll cool down eventually. Like S19 said, he's worth overpaying for though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So far he's been fantastic. It's all about bringing it every night now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If he can continue at this pace and end up with 20 goals and 40 points, and then do that for another three seasons after that, then I'll say he has earned his keep. I love what he is doing out there, but look at Donovan at 1/3 his salary. As much as I love what Dono is bringing I know it's not going to continue for 82 games. Same with Neil. He'll have good streaks and bad ones. But if he keeps playing like this, he'll keep getting minutes, maybe some PP time as well.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Based on his play since being moved up the depth chart he definitely has earned his salary. The question is can he keep it up? If so then we've got a solid gritty player who can pitch in with some goals.

- Unknown Author

Having Carkner there is helping Neil in a big way right now. He doesnt have to go out there and worry about defending everyone on the ice and even other guys are stepping it up a bit.

Being a 3rd line guy and putting in that kind of effort every night he is def worth the 2 mil he is getting. I've never disliked this signing for a second.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum