GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Brothers Bashkirov to play in Bingo next season?

+5
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good work by Mark Christopher - who is doing a fine job in blogging for the Sens for HB. He says that from what he's heard Murray has been talking to Ruslan about playing in Bingo next season. Ruslan says he might - but we would have to sign his brother as well.

Go ahead, what the heck would we have to lose? The only guy to impress me more at development camp was Jim O'Brien (and Brian Elliott now that I think about it).

If his brother can play the game as well, this might turn out to be a nice story. He has loads and loads of skill.

He also mentions that Murray is trying to get Emil Sandin to come over to play in Bingo.

For those of you who know of Sandin, this guy is a really solid prospect. He's got the old 'Zetterberg light' label attached to him (as well as about 1000 other prospects), but this is a guy who can chip in offensively, has amazing moves in traffic and most importantly is apparently an amazing 2-way player. I'm a big, big fan of this guy - and truly think he's going to be an NHL player.

So...news comes slowly, there's no doubt, but it comes...it's inevitable as the Cup is soon to be awarded and the off-season really begins.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mark-Christopher/End-of-a-terrific-round-2-something-for-Canuck-fans-and-Sens-news/121/21218

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sandin is already 20. I think it's time he takes the next step ie. Bingo.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Sandin is already 20. I think it's time he takes the next step ie. Bingo.

Me too. He's playing in the SEL and is under contract until 10/11 I think. I'm not sure if he has an out clause to play in NA, but I would assume he would. I'd like to have him in Bingo next year. With him and O'Brien, we'll start to see a real trend of excellent 2-way forwards starting to get a chance.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm always leery about prospects with conditions. Conditional prospects. If all he wants is for his brother to get a tryout, fine. If he wants anything more than that, no thanks.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I'm always leery about prospects with conditions. Conditional prospects. If all he wants is for his brother to get a tryout, fine. If he wants anything more than that, no thanks.

Give the brother an AHL contract. If he's awesome, then we win, if he sucks, then our hands are tied. Sorry Ruslan, but you're good, your brother sucks. He can stay in Ottawa for morale support for you if you want, but he's never making the Show.

No? You're gonna leave too? Bye. Shrug

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd question even giving him a contract unless the scouting staff says it's worth it. We've got enough up-and-coming talent to evaluate as it is, unless he's a goalie. Or a right-shooting defenseman.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I'd question even giving him a contract unless the scouting staff says it's worth it. We've got enough up-and-coming talent to evaluate as it is, unless he's a goalie. Or a right-shooting defenseman.

We've got some nice prospects coming up, but Bashkirov has the potential to be a true top 6 forward. High skill level, great puck control, slick moves in close and game breaking ability. I'm sure his defense is lacking a little, but he'd come in with a real opportunity to be a high end guy for us.

I agree about the scouting staff though, but they must feel the same way. They were the ones who told Murray to take him in Round 2, they must like his skill set.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was talking more about his brother -- what do the scouts say about him?

As for Ruslan, how does his skill compare to, say, Kaigorodov's? He was supposed to be the next 1st line centre, wasn't he?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I was talking more about his brother -- what do the scouts say about him?

As for Ruslan, how does his skill compare to, say, Kaigorodov's? He was supposed to be the next 1st line centre, wasn't he?

His brother is a good question. The only thing I know about them is that they played together in the QMJHL and both had around 70 points in 70 games. I'm not sure what the deal is with him though.

From what I've seen, his skill level is much sleeker than Kaig's. Kaig was a good player, but he lacked the puck handling skills in traffic to make plays. If Ruslan's success thus far translates to the pro ranks, he'll be a better player. But that's a mighty big if.

Still...not too much of a risk though, no?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, if his point production was comparable to his brother's, then why not. It took a while, but you've worn me down and won me over Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Well, if his point production was comparable to his brother's, then why not. It took a while, but you've worn me down and won me over Smile

:^^^^:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:Well, if his point production was comparable to his brother's, then why not. It took a while, but you've worn me down and won me over Smile

:^^^^:

Dude, time to update that sig.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Geez, I've been going all day and am up to 25 posts (counting this one). How the heck does Dave average over 30 over the course of *months*?!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Geez, I've been going all day and am up to 25 posts (counting this one). How the heck does Dave average over 30 over the course of *months*?!!

He might be retired, or semi-retired. Don't quote me on that, but either that, or his job allows him a lot of time for hockey (which is cool as Dung). :^^^^:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:Geez, I've been going all day and am up to 25 posts (counting this one). How the heck does Dave average over 30 over the course of *months*?!!

He might be retired, or semi-retired. Don't quote me on that, but either that, or his job allows him a lot of time for hockey (which is cool as Dung). :^^^^:

So what's your excuse? Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum