GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll

+12
Hoags
The Silfer Server
rooneypoo
shabbs
beerandsens
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PTFlea
Sens19
Tuk Tuk
spader
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Considering his play thus far, is Neil worth the $2mil?

Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll - Page 4 Vote_lcap259%Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 59% [ 20 ]
Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll - Page 4 Vote_lcap29%Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll - Page 4 Vote_lcap232%Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 32% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 34

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

How much is a third line winger who doesn't play special teams really worth?

Neil has been very good, especially by comparison to previous years. If he can keep up the good play, he will have earned his money, more or less. I hated the amount given to him, but how many bargains do you really get on July 1?

Neil is also one of the most popular players, and is a reason some fans come out to the games. I'd be interested to see how well his jerseys sell in comparison to other Sens.

dennycrane wrote:How much is a third line winger who doesn't play special teams really worth?

Neil has been very good, especially by comparison to previous years. If he can keep up the good play, he will have earned his money, more or less. I hated the amount given to him, but how many bargains do you really get on July 1?

Neil is also one of the most popular players, and is a reason some fans come out to the games. I'd be interested to see how well his jerseys sell in comparison to other Sens.

3rd line winger who can score 10, be put on a strugling PP, will fight anyone in the league, is a good skater who is relentless... prob about 2 mil a year with the expierence he has as well.

His play right now is worth close to 2.5 IMO anyways and no matter what on and off the ice he is a leader and love this city and the team. Couldnt be happier with him.

I think it is a bargin because he had offers for way more than 2 mil a year, we paid less then what he was offered by almost 1 mil a year... would you turn down a million dollars or better yet, 4 million dollars over 4 years. If the answer is yes please punch yourself in the face because I would for sure if I did, hahaha.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Neil would be bombing in Toronto right now and I think he and everyone else knew he would be too. The perfect fit for Neil is Ottawa in terms of what he brings and in terms of what Ottawa needs. We didnt over pay because we actually paid less then what other teams were willing to offer.

Thank God this guy didnt get traded at the deadline, a 5th round pick vs a chance to resign him was not worth it.

agreed fully, we need Chris Neil as much as he needs us at this point, having him and Carkner will be making sure other teams don't take very liberal shots at our captain, see Mark Bell, or one of our other players, see Chris Pronger. Carkner already smacked around Downie, so he can cross him off the list, I don't believe Mark Bell is anywhere to be seen in the NHL, so he might not get that chance, but Pronger is always there with Philly, will Carkner go toe to toe with him? That I am not sure of.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pronger doesn't fight he just elbows people and gets called for it 1 out of every 3 or 4 because he does it so much. If

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Pronger doesn't fight he just elbows people and gets called for it 1 out of every 3 or 4 because he does it so much. If

good point, he would probably just skate away from Carkner with that stupid grin on his face, thinking he did Carkner a favour. Chris Neil's play so far this season...worth 2 mil? With Poll - Page 4 68747

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum