GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Chris Neil - Your call

+10
Hayden
Jordo
SensFan71
PKC
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
SensGirl11
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Chris Neil

POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Vote_lcap223%POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Vote_rcap2 23% [ 6 ]
POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Vote_lcap227%POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Vote_rcap2 27% [ 7 ]
POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Vote_lcap242%POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Vote_rcap2 42% [ 11 ]
POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Vote_lcap20%POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Vote_lcap28%POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Vote_rcap2 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's been some skewed views from various people about Chris Neil.

Final word as we head into the home stretch before the deadline. Would you keep him, or no?

Last edited by 504Heater on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

2POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:38 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

If he wants anything over 1.5 he's a gonner. We've paid enough players more than they're worth. With his 7 points this season (or whatever it is) he can't ask for more than that, IMO.

I love Neil, I really do, but there's only so much you can do in this Cap age.

3POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I voted for #3, although I was hoping there'd be a choice that included both options #2 & 3 personally.
I want a high 2nd or D prospect obviously, but if Neil can be retained for a little over $1M (not much more and under .5 mind you) then I'd do it; but chances are, he deserves a bit of a raise and if some other GM is willing to do it, then pay up Sparky and he's all yours.

I will miss him terribly, don't get me wrong, but our D is in some serious need of fixing IMHO.

4POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I will qualify my sign him for 1.5 offer. I think we have to trade him at the deadline and hope to resign him in the off-season at that price. Not a penny more.

5POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You keep him if it's 1.5 or less as far as I'm concerned. Too many players getting payed too much on the 3rd and 4th lines as is.

- Unknown Author

6POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I voted for trading him if he asks for more than 1.5. I would keep him at 1.5 personally, but a penny more than that and he's gonzo.

7POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd qualify him, that's about it. Other than a few fights (which might be getting rare in the NHL) he has done next to nothing in the last two seasons. He's reached his top and has been also getting injury prone. I just hope Bass is done with injuries.

8POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:03 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I give him the same contract he has right now for 2 more years. Otherwise I tell him to move somewhere else to be honest.

9POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I give him the same contract he has right now for 2 more years. Otherwise I tell him to move somewhere else to be honest.

I added that one in there.

10POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:15 pm

Hold on for a sec though. Neil has dropped the gloves 12 or so times this year for non-staged affairs. Neil is not a Laraquian Boogard, he can play in this league and fights enough to tell you that you need someone to do that job.

So do the math, if you need to have some form of deterrent, which I suggest you do despite discussion to the contrary, you are talking $750-800,000 for a competent fighter... plus a third liner which Neil is despite his point struggles this year, you are talking $1-1.25M. Having Neil @ $1.5M is a deal. He is a known commodity. He tries hard every night. He wins far more than he loses against competent fighters. He is no defensive liability. He is a decent skater with sneaky speed. He is an unbelievable hitter who does it on a consistent basis. And he has good hands.

We let this guy go and we will all regret it. Mark it down. Book it. Guys who are high end middle weights that can play do not grow on trees. Remember back when people questioned our toughness. This has gone away in no small part due to Neil's efforts. Be careful what you wish for is all I am saying....

P.S. Bass is a tough little peice of business and I like him but he is not in Neil's class at all when it comes to taking on experienced heavyweights, not close.

Last edited by MurderOnIce on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

11POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The question then becomes Murder: would you pay him more than 1.5?

Say, 2.1 million?

12POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:18 pm

Neil is worth about 1.5-2 mil and can change the outcome of a game without scoring a goal or getting a point. He chips in here and there and has the ability to play 10 plus min a night... show me how many guys in the NHL can play the role he does the ones that can, I dont think there are a lot of guys who do it better.

Points are a bonus with Neil... but the same people look at stats like its the be all and end all.

You think in that 5 game win over Buffalo in 2007 the Sabres were not thinking about Neil and what he did to Drury in the regular season...?

13POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Neil is worth about 1.5-2 mil and can change the outcome of a game without scoring a goal or getting a point. He chips in here and there and has the ability to play 10 plus min a night... show me how many guys in the NHL can play the role he does the ones that can, I dont think there are a lot of guys who do it better.

Points are a bonus with Neil... but the same people look at stats like its the be all and end all.

You think in that 5 game win over Buffalo in 2007 the Sabres were not thinking about Neil and what he did to Drury in the regular season...?

Can I get an AMEN???!!!

14POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:21 pm

504Heater wrote:The question then becomes Murder: would you pay him more than 1.5?

Say, 2.1 million?

I think he will take a hometown discount if we prove that we can turn things around here. He bleeds Sens colours. An accomodation can be made and he will not Yashin us you can bank on that.

15POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil - Your call Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The question is still there though. Would Neil give us a 1.5 million dollar package, or are we fighting an uphill battle. I love him and want to see him here at 1.5. But in this day and age, I doubt we can go much over that - especially with our D in tatters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum