GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day

+8
LeCaptain
jawal
TheAvatar
ddt
Flo The Action
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

POLL: What to do with Phillips?

POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Vote_lcap240%POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Vote_lcap240%POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Vote_lcap213%POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:51 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:If it's a pure rental situation, then I'll take the 2nd, then we sign him in the off-season. It will all depend on the conditions I guess
If GMs could arrange for that to happen, don't you think they'd do it more often?

Stop thinking that the trade & re-sign option is a viable one, let alone a cut-&-dried matter & an easy one to pull off. I think 2-3 players in the entire league have done that since the lockout (Recchi, Tkachuk?).

Trading Phillips for a 2nd would be an absolute nightmare. That's part of the reason why I think it more likely that he'll be re-signed in the next few weeks.
Oh, a trade and re-sign is a gamble for sure, but represents the best "return" for the Sens. If we can pull it off, then do it. That's all I was saying.

I fully expect him to sign an extension.

17POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm glad to see that a large % of us would take a 2nd rounder for Phillips. That'll make it less painful for some of us when it happens. I just hope he waives his NTC.

18POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:12 am

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

I think they will ask and receive two components for Phillips or will be part of a much larger deal.

19POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:I think they will ask and receive two components for Phillips or will be part of a much larger deal.

Go on...speculate away, it's a rumour board right now. What kind of a bigger deal?

20POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:35 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Take Vancouver for example.

This could be my year. I might look to trade Schneider and bring in a blue chip forward. That makes my need a backup goalie who has the potential to catch lightning in a bottle. I also want defensive depth as my D is historically fragile. Because of Vancouver's cap, I look for expiring contracts in both spots.

I would look to Leclaire (if healthy) and Phillips. What does that bring back on deadline day? You might be able to trade both for one strong forward prospect. Separately, Leclaire brings you a conditional pick and Phillips a 2nd + decent prospect.

That's the scenario I am looking at.

21POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:36 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I think come deadline day, there will be multiple teams offering a 2nd round pick, so I'm almost certain if he gets traded, it will be to someone offering a 2nd +, which could be a current player, prospect, or another pick.

22POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:41 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:Take Vancouver for example.

This could be my year. I might look to trade Schneider and bring in a blue chip forward. That makes my need a backup goalie who has the potential to catch lightning in a bottle. I also want defensive depth as my D is historically fragile. Because of Vancouver's cap, I look for expiring contracts in both spots.

I would look to Leclaire (if healthy) and Phillips. What does that bring back on deadline day? You might be able to trade both for one strong forward prospect. Separately, Leclaire brings you a conditional pick and Phillips a 2nd + decent prospect.

That's the scenario I am looking at.

You’ve gotta be on sweet, delicious Coke if you think a team like Vancouver is going to trade for Leclaire to be their backup. An expensive, unreliable goalie for a backup? Nerp. They’d be better off signing Ray Emery, picking up Mike Smith, or…well…there are a lot of “ors”.

Phillips wouldn’t be a bad fit there…last time I checked, they weren’t getting much production from their back-end anyway.

23POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:59 pm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
dennycrane wrote:I think they will ask and receive two components for Phillips or will be part of a much larger deal.

Go on...speculate away, it's a rumour board right now. What kind of a bigger deal?

I am not in favour of trading Phillips for a pick that will be about the 55th-60th overall(second round).

But if in fact, this is what happens I hope that it is a contingent pick, ie 2nd round plus an upgrade to first rounder or plus an additional pick if Phillips signs with them.

That's a bit bigger.

24POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Phillips' worth on D-Day Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:32 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

jawal wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I am not in favour of trading Phillips for a pick that will be about the 55th-60th overall(second round).

But if in fact, this is what happens I hope that it is a contingent pick, ie 2nd round plus an upgrade to first rounder or plus an additional pick if Phillips signs with them.

That's a bit bigger.

That’s one of the smarter (and more realistic) comments I’ve read on the Phillips situation. A conditional pick is a neat idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum