GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: What would you like to see July 1?

+14
Flo The Action
shabbs
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
Riprock
beerandsens
SensFan71
SensGirl11
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Hoags
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

POLL: What would you like to see July 1?

POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_lcap235%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_rcap2 35% [ 7 ]
POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_lcap210%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_rcap2 10% [ 2 ]
POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_lcap220%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_rcap2 20% [ 4 ]
POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_lcap20%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_lcap25%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_lcap25%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_lcap225%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Vote_rcap2 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Empty POLL: What would you like to see July 1? Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Assuming that we throw out any realism here and say that we could do what we wanted to do and sign who we wanted to sign.

Would you rather:

1.Z.Michalek and Cullen or go for broke and sign Savard over Cullen, potentially losing Foligno and maybe even Kuba (so depth on D getting shallow next year).

2.Be responsible and sign Michalek and Cullen and let the kids play

3.Go for Gonchar! Forget Michalek and Cullen, we need an awesome puck-mover, PP QB like Gonchar!

4.Just get Savard, our D will be fine.

5.Something off the board - explain!

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

I really want Cullen in Ottawa next year. A true second line center should be a top priority.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'd get Savard over Cullen (assuming we can get a reasonable deal with Chiarelli). Otherwise get Cullen if the price is too steep for Savard.

Sign a D-man to replace A-train, preferably Michalek but make a run at Hamhuis, Martin, Gonchar and sign them if the numbers make sense.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd do one last due diligence in the Savard sweeps, then bow out. I want him so bad, but it puts our priorities out of whack a little. I think we need a Paul Martin, Gonchar, Michalek - and we need one of those guys real bad.

Savard would be SICK here - and I'd like to do it more than people can imagine, but at the same time, I like Cullen and I like the THOUGHT of Michalek, so I'd probably move to sign them.

That said, it's hard to imagine passing on Savard as we did with Boyle. So much talent on a team that needs pivots who are 80 point guys to insulate Spezza.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I see Murray doing something off the board, like signing Michalek and another forward like Kariya or Lombardi.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Savard would be SICK here - and I'd like to do it more than people can imagine, but at the same time, I like Cullen and I like the THOUGHT of Michalek, so I'd probably move to sign them.

Cullen would be getting $3M+ and if Savard cap hit is $4M that difference would be absorbed by any RFA(s) we'd trade to Boston. I'd say Savard would be worth it, depending on the asking price from Boston.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lots of things you can do except maybe fit in Cullen AND Savard. Mostly depends on how the D stacks up. What you do have to do in any circumstance is say bye to Shannon, Lee, Foligno and Kuba.

Naturally, if you bring in Savard Fisher drops to the 3rd line. Is the organization prepared to do that?

Having said that, if Fisher is traded, along with Kuba, we could likely afford Gonchar, Michalek, Cullen AND Savard.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Sign Michalek (he'll be most affordable) and sign Cullen (he wants to be here). Realistically, we need the d-man first and foremost, no arguments there. Murray's gotta make sure he's got a capable defenceman signed (gonchar I thinkw ill be too pricey) and Michalek would fit the bill very well. But lack of offensive d-men who play the point (only karlsson), Cullen should be retained. His point shot would be key and he's very good defensively.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Campoli hasn't had any talks with Murray about an extension...I wonder what's happening there. Also, why couldn't we get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Volchenkov's rights? I don't really understand that...

As for what we are going to do on July 1, I'd love to sign Cullen and Michalek or Gonchar if we can. I know Gonchar is going to be looking for big money, so I think he's out of our range. Martin or Michalek are possible for sure though. I wouldn't mind seeing Sutton back, but my top priority would be someone like Michalek.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I wonder how many calls Murray is going to get for Spezza after his $4 million is paid on July 1...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sign Michalek, get Savard, move Foligno + Kuba +

That's what I voted...I'm so ashamed and possibly living in a fantasy world. Facepalm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Sign Michalek, get Savard, move Foligno + Kuba +

That's what I voted...I'm so ashamed and possibly living in a fantasy world. POLL: What would you like to see July 1? 489887

How's this for fantasy?

FORWARDS
Milan Michalek ($4.333m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
* Peter Regin ($1.200m) / * Marc Savard ($4.008m) / Alexei Kovalev ($5.000m)
* Nick Foligno ($1.250m) / * Matt Cullen ($3.000m) / Chris Kelly ($2.125m)
Jarkko Ruutu ($1.300m) / * Jesse Winchester ($0.875m) / Chris Neil ($2.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
* Sergei Gonchar ($5.250m) / Chris Phillips ($3.500m)
* Zbynek Michalek ($3.000m) / Erik Karlsson ($1.300m)
* Chris Campoli ($1.150m) / Matt Carkner ($0.700m)
GOALTENDERS
Pascal Leclaire ($3.800m) / Brian Elliott ($0.850m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 20; CAP:$59.4m; PAYROLL: $57.779m; CAP ROOM: $2.046m BONUSES: $0.425m

Yup. That just happened! POLL: What would you like to see July 1? 235689 POLL: What would you like to see July 1? 805406

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Sign Michalek, get Savard, move Foligno + Kuba +

That's what I voted...I'm so ashamed and possibly living in a fantasy world. Facepalm

That option is sooooo unlike Ottawa POLL: What would you like to see July 1? 270956

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Campoli hasn't had any talks with Murray about an extension...I wonder what's happening there. Also, why couldn't we get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Volchenkov's rights? I don't really understand that...

I think the Sens are trying to understand just how much cap space we have this year, although it makes we wonder about Campoli's status, he may be trade bait.

As for Volchenkov, no point in acquiring his rights when everyone knows he's going to Washington.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Campoli hasn't had any talks with Murray about an extension...I wonder what's happening there. Also, why couldn't we get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Volchenkov's rights? I don't really understand that...

I think the Sens are trying to understand just how much cap space we have this year, although it makes we wonder about Campoli's status, he may be trade bait.

As for Volchenkov, no point in acquiring his rights when everyone knows he's going to Washington.

Booboo ignored the fact that Campoli was sent a qualifying offer.

The reason why we didn't get any picks for Volchenkov's rights is that we're Ottawa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum