GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: What would you like to see July 1?

+14
Flo The Action
shabbs
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
Riprock
beerandsens
SensFan71
SensGirl11
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Hoags
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

POLL: What would you like to see July 1?

POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_lcap235%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 35% [ 7 ]
POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_lcap210%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 2 ]
POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_lcap220%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 4 ]
POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_lcap25%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_lcap25%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_lcap225%POLL: What would you like to see July 1? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Anyways, I voted "sign a D-man".

I don't mind the current forward corps even without Cullen I think it's good enough. I'd rather add a Gonchar/Hamuis/Michalek and nothing else. Stability.

I'm also a big believer that one of Butler/Wick can replace one of the top 6 for a few games in case of injuries.
From what I saw, with 5/6 shifts Butler could have scored 2 goals if Spezza was the passer and not Winchester during the lone game he played.

I think I feel the same way. I only say think because I think a sniper would do a lot of positives for Spezza and the Sens - and putting your eggs in a guy who's only played 2 NHL games scares me to death.

Still, I agree for the most part. A healthy Michalek and Foligno will go a long way.

Anyone else get a sinking feeling that Volchenkov is going to resign for too much money and too much term any hour now.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:Anyone else get a sinking feeling that Volchenkov is going to resign for too much money and too much term any hour now.

No. I guess you do though? Laugh1

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:Anyone else get a sinking feeling that Volchenkov is going to resign for too much money and too much term any hour now.

IT's possible, but I think they really want more mobility given what is happening in the league right now, and Volchenkov didn't do himself any favour in his last playoffs.

I also think nobody's gonna give VOlchenkov more than 4M.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Don't know if this was mentioned but John Shannon says Hamhuis wants $4M/4 years.

Hamhuis situation is simple...he wants to be a top 2 D in a market that cares...and he wants 4 years...4 million per...simple.

We care ! (and he'd be top 2 D here).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What? That can't be right, it doesn't make any sense to me. If it was that easy, he'd be a Flyer or a Pen right now.

I don't get it.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Welcome to Ottawa

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

doubt it.

but stranger things have happen. with the recent rumours of savard naming ottawa as a destination he'd like, i'm ready to believe something could happen Shrug

I would still take Michalek over Hamhius. I dont think people realize just how good of a player Michalek is... if he was Canadian people would be talking about him like he was, well I guess Hamhuis.

Michalek is used to a bigger role, more mins, and plays in the situations where Ottawa needs a player to play right now. He's a more developed D man IMO and is somewhat of a leader on the back end, Hamhuis played behind two great D men, Michalek is a great D man. Add in the fact that with his brother here and the fact he will be taking up less of the cap, it's a no brainer who to go with unless they go with both...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I see I have to add another variation on "Hamhuis" to the banned word list Facepalm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I voted for sign a D-man and sign Cullen. We already know Cullen fits in nicely and is a playoff performer. We also know the A-Train won't be back and we would be silly to think we can fill in our D from within the organisation.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Like I said, around July 2 or 3, we'll be hearing that Michalek practically begged the Senators to sign him to a sweet deal and they didn't even return his calls.

CONFIRMED!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum