GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opinion Poll: If you could....

+3
Tuk Tuk
wprager
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Opinion Poll: If you could undo the Heatley trade

Opinion Poll: If you could.... Vote_lcap215%Opinion Poll: If you could.... Vote_rcap2 15% [ 2 ]
Opinion Poll: If you could.... Vote_lcap254%Opinion Poll: If you could.... Vote_rcap2 54% [ 7 ]
Opinion Poll: If you could.... Vote_lcap28%Opinion Poll: If you could.... Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
Opinion Poll: If you could.... Vote_lcap223%Opinion Poll: If you could.... Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If you could undo the Heatley trade, take him back and return the defective Cheechoo and the very talented, but sometimes inconsistent Michalek and the 2nd round pick to SJ (and the 5th round pick back to Ottawa), would you?

It's a fairly simple question - and definitely an opinion piece, but I'm curious.

2Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

FYP (Fixed Your Poll).

3Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:36 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

What about waiting and finding a better deal?

4Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would undo it. I like Michalek, but the return was just not good enough.

5Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:39 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

The year would have turned into a media circus with the narrative of Heatley vs Clouston. The price to avoid this distraction was worth it. His value wouldn't have increased throughout this time period because Ottawa would have been just as openly desperate as they were in the summer if not worse. We would have had an unhappy sniper getting grilled by the press and fans after every home game. If his play didn't suffer from this focus i'm sure the team's play overall would have.

6Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:41 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I got pretty sick of the distraction that was heatley all summer last year, and I was actually very angry he was still around 1st day of training camp. Of course when he got traded, I thought it was a terrible trade. Hindsight though, I'm just happy we got rid of him somehow someway. I'd hate to imagine what the season with him would have been like.

7Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:44 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Even if he affected the team's play and caused us to miss the playoffs, we would have gotten a better first round pick. I'm sure Melnyk would not enjoy missing out on playoff revenue, but hey, he lost money anyway.

8Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:49 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Big Ev wrote:Even if he affected the team's play and caused us to miss the playoffs, we would have gotten a better first round pick. I'm sure Melnyk would not enjoy missing out on playoff revenue, but hey, he lost money anyway.

Who knows? Heatley still had control of where he was going to be dealt. There's no guarantee that the deal could have been better. After all the work Murray's done to clean up the locker room he would have taken two steps backward letting a sour puss sour the room. To use a lame gambling analogy, I think Murray made a good safe move by cashing in on a modest but sure thing as opposed to continuing and risk losing more in the end.

9Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk wrote:What about waiting and finding a better deal?

Not an option. Heatley was a cancer here. I thought the same at first, but I think now that it had to be done.

10Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:51 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Even if he affected the team's play and caused us to miss the playoffs, we would have gotten a better first round pick. I'm sure Melnyk would not enjoy missing out on playoff revenue, but hey, he lost money anyway.

he would have lost more with a very disgruntled fan base if he was still around. Now none of us were there, but I choose to believe murray when he said that he had no choice after meeting a very unhappy Heatley at training camp. What does that say about Heatley? He said he'd play for the senators if a deal couldn't be reached (talking about Heatley), but all he did was came to training camp, threw a hissy fit about how he wasn't traded yet, and then got his wish to go to San Jose. Murray obviously saw how unhealthy it would have been to have him around...so again I'd rather make the playoffs even if it means a first round sweep than to miss it. So automatically, this is a win for me. Getting Michalek and as a result, Sutton, was just gravy

11Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:FYP (Fixed Your Poll).

What does the Snort Giggle mean though? You're laughing at the suggestion?

12Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:54 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:FYP (Fixed Your Poll).

What does the Snort Giggle mean though? You're laughing at the suggestion?

Spezza laugh?

13Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is it? What would that have to do with this? Laugh1

14Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:43 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

only Prags can enlighten us with the answer Opinion Poll: If you could.... 542150

15Opinion Poll: If you could.... Empty Re: Opinion Poll: If you could.... Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:57 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A-ha-ha-ha-ha-snort-giggle-ha!
i love it.breaking up the two sisters had to be done. and to be honest i liked alot of what i sw in the second part of the season from spezza. he's growing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum