GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Empty BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My phone just packed it in, so I need a new phone. I wasn't in a contract, so I'm free to choose any plan.

I need 4GB of data at the bare minimum

I'd like good storage space for apps, pics, book etc

Don't want to pay too much over $100 a month - less if possible.

Any ideas on the phone and plan that's best value?

Thanks.

2BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Empty Re: BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:36 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Buy a OnePlus. They're great. As for plans wait for a good promo

3BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Empty Re: BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Best phone deal would be a Chinese one. I've bought Xiaomi in the past but not sure if they are still the best value.

As for plans, move to Europe. Seriously though why do you need 4Gb? I take it you don't have internet at the store? Might be cheaper than a data plan.

But if you're dead set on a mobile data plan then I'd check out Videotron. They are sort of new in Ontario and may have better deals. Just took a peak, 4+2 bonus premium plan is $68. You get a Samsung A8 and 6Gb data, unlimited calling/texting in Canada. Lots of other phones available, from $0 to lots more (fixed cost, the plan is still $68).

Also some people will set you up on a Manitoba plan for around $100. Or you can do the legwork yourself. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/mb-sk-rogers-plans-ontario-1948745/

4BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Empty Re: BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:52 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I use it a lot when I'm out and about. I guess I don't need that much, but I've gone over before. I don't use it much at the store - and yes, we have wifi there.

I'll let you know how it shakes out today.

5BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Empty Re: BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:01 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I like Videotron. My parents had a great deal with them (in Quebec) paying $99 for hope phone, internet and cable. I read paying a lot more with Rogers/Bell. Then they were the first to offer true a la carte cable. There was a shoe I recommended tomy mom and she literally added just that one channel and it only took her a couple minutes by phone.

Loooking now it appears they have better plans than the Big Three. 6Gb for $68 including a phone?

6BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Empty Re: BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I like Videotron. My parents had a great deal with them (in Quebec) paying $99 for hope phone, internet and cable. I read paying a lot more with Rogers/Bell. Then they were the first to offer true a la carte cable. There was a shoe I recommended tomy mom and she literally added just that one channel and it only took her a couple minutes by phone.

Loooking now it appears they have better plans than the Big Three. 6Gb for $68 including a phone?

I find that hard to believe. 68 including a phone is a heck of a deal.

7BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Empty Re: BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Koodo offered my wife and I a Samsung 9 with 5GB etc for 80 a month, which I think is as good as I can get.

8BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Empty Re: BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The price I quoted is straight from their website. Like I said, they are relatively new to Ontario and will likely have better deals. Koodoo was bought by Bell, I think. Nobody is independent anymore.

Videotron also has a great deal for kids. $14/month including some data (but you need two adults on premium plans to get that).

9BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Empty Re: BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:18 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I never know about plans...I pay $50+tax per month to Virgin for unlimited talk/text and 2GB of data.

As for phones, as DefenceWinsChampionships said, the OnePlus is a great value and a generally terrific phone.

10BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Empty Re: BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OPO was a great value. I almost got one. The latest one is a little pricey.

11BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Empty Re: BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Couldn't resist the Samsung S9 + 5GB + unlimited texting etc. for 80 a month.

12BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Empty Re: BEST PHONE and PLAN IN YOUR OPINION Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Virgin's $75 Diamond plan gets you 5G and unlimited Canada wide minutes with the S9. For $79 you get 8G.

Or $200 up front and $69 gets you 8G as well. ($11 saved for 24 months is $264).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum