GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'?

+16
Flo The Action
beedub
Sp00nz
Urkie
asq2
Jordo
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Mojo
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'?

POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_lcap234%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 34% [ 52 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_lcap23%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 5 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_lcap248%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 48% [ 74 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 14 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_lcap21%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 2 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_lcap21%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 2 ]
POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_lcap23%POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 155

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

61POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:59 am

Neely4Life wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Some teams have 3 A's, and if Spezza earns one this year, give out a 3rd. Gotta let him know that they are counting on him. I am totally on Spezza's side at this point.

TONS to prove, but way more breathing space for everyone

I don't understand this about face. I'm not splitting hairs just cause it's you, but you've been critical to say the least about Spezza. Comments like he's a lifetime loser etc.

How does Heatley not being here change Spezza that way?

He is a career loser to this point, no doubt. He hasnt won a thing. He is now in a situation that he should have been in before. A player that is on a struggling team, LEARNING how to win and not expecting it.

The work ahead for Spezza is insane at this point, but now EVERYONE can relax a bit because the cap isnt an issue, we can build a team where Spezza is FORCED to be a leader. The pressure is off now. Tons to prove, but tons of time now.

Fair enough. If he doesn't prove it though, we are hooped.

62POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:05 am

Meh, not such a big deal anymore. Tons of time.

EVERYTHING was pending on Spezza and that NTC.

63POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:11 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Meh, not such a big deal anymore. Tons of time.

EVERYTHING was pending on Spezza and that NTC.

Heatley did Spezza and the rest of the team a favour by demanding out of Ottawa, Spezza will thank him when he gets his game going right and Ottawa starts making a push for that cup again.

64POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:21 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I took Kuba on this one. Here is a guy who posts decent numbers, but someone who really wanted to be here. Took a bit of a haircut to remain a Senator. In light of recent events involving another player (former), that's a Sen I want to have a letter on his jersey

65POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:23 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I have a sense a lot more people might have been picking Jason Smith if his status was known more definitely this season, he's a true warrior, really hope he can play again.

66POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:39 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

mike fisher without having to think twice. there's a guy that goes 110% all the time without thinking about it. leading by example. Spezza might be a a close second.

67POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:17 pm

The Sens were 19-11-4 under Clouston Wink Maybe its a sign.

68POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:23 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

^ I see you've dropped the H... Being patient on who we get to replace heatley on the top line??

69POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:30 pm

just can't wait to get rid of him Ahhhhh!

70POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:33 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Mike Fisher is deserving... It will be interesting to see if there is another off the board choice like Heathly was last year...

71POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

cas wrote:The Sens were 19-11-4 under Clouston Wink Maybe its a sign.

Are you suggesting we put the Big-Rig up as a forward on the top line? Maybe on the PP, I guess.

72POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:08 pm

Philly's got Dangles!! Of course thats what I'm suggesting. There was nothing that delighted me more than seeing him rush the puck up the ice and get it deep into the corner, last year. Could there be a better replacement for Heatley?? Who needs a trade... Let's jsut sit him and let Phillips rack up the points! Sarcasm

73POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:50 am

Three Kuba's and not one Smith, that is a shocker. I am not sure who started the rumour that Smith is done but it was an effective rumour....

74POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:58 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:Three Kuba's and not one Smith, that is a shocker. I am not sure who started the rumour that Smith is done but it was an effective rumour....

I think the problem is there's uncertainty over whether or not he even makes it to the end of next season with the Sens. I would pick Smith if I knew he'd be around but, as a sixth D man, even if he's healthy, at that cap hit, I don't want him around.

I know he's a warrior and a leader and blocks shots and he's the kind of guy you want on your team but not at that cap hit for that roll.

Even if you feel he's worth the money it still doesn't change the fact that he's only got one year left. Too much uncertainty for me to pick him.

- Unknown Author

75POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:Mike Fisher is deserving... It will be interesting to see if there is another off the board choice like Heathly was last year...

Like Spezza?

76POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:03 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:Mike Fisher is deserving... It will be interesting to see if there is another off the board choice like Heathly was last year...

Like Spezza?

Assuming it's Clouston's un-influenced decision then I'd feel 10 times better about Spezza getting the "A" than I do right now.

- Unknown Author

77POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:Three Kuba's and not one Smith, that is a shocker. I am not sure who started the rumour that Smith is done but it was an effective rumour....

I think the problem is there's uncertainty over whether or not he even makes it to the end of next season with the Sens. I would pick Smith if I knew he'd be around but, as a sixth D man, even if he's healthy, at that cap hit, I don't want him around.

I know he's a warrior and a leader and blocks shots and he's the kind of guy you want on your team but not at that cap hit for that roll.

Even if you feel he's worth the money it still doesn't change the fact that he's only got one year left. Too much uncertainty for me to pick him.

For me it is the opposite. If he is healthy, he is the playoff warrior you need. He can still play an effective 17 minutes a night. He can shut down the best players in the league. He is never out of position and is still THE best shot blocker in the league. (I think Volchie is great but is second to Smith.) He is truly intimidating and has the respect of the entire league. He is great in the room... I say this same argument too much. I guess I am alone on this. I hope we are a playoff team next year and Gator is on our blue line. Then the haters will come around. He is a special player, not in terms of stats but certainly worth the money when healthy.

78POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: Who Gets the 'A'? Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:17 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

For me it is the opposite. If he is healthy, he is the playoff warrior you need. He can still play an effective 17 minutes a night. He can shut down the best players in the league. He is never out of position and is still THE best shot blocker in the league. (I think Volchie is great but is second to Smith.) He is truly intimidating and has the respect of the entire league. He is great in the room... I say this same argument too much. I guess I am alone on this. I hope we are a playoff team next year and Gator is on our blue line. Then the haters will come around. He is a special player, not in terms of stats but certainly worth the money when healthy.

Then I'll be happy to have him around and even without the "A" he'll have a great influence on the team then right?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum