GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vermette for Leclaire?

+18
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Mojo
beerandsens
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
beedub
Acrobat
Flo The Action
dennycrane
Phoenix30
Urkie
LeCaptain
PTFlea
davetherave
asq2
Riprock
rooneypoo
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

76Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Fact of the matter is people in Ottawa are obsessed with the names on the back of jersey's instead of the logo on the front. Ottawa fans have a "please look at us' complex. Thats why people want Spezza to stay, and thats why people want to go get the next big thing in goal.

And that's why they want us to sign/keep players because they have famous girlfriends.

77Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:08 pm

Meh, I like Fisher, not a big fan of Comrie so...

78Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Meh, I like Fisher, not a big fan of Comrie so...

I was just supporting your argument about the "look at me" complex. But thanks for that.

79Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm

Haha, sorry, I know what you mean, I was just saying one of the two famous g/fs boyfriends, one I like, haha.

You're right though, people in Ottawa dont want to feel like they are forgotten.

80Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

504Heater wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:There is no market for Goalies right now. Vermette for Leclaire could be done in the summer if BM wants to. If Columbus really wants Vermette for the playoff run it is going to cost more than an expensive, injured backup. Everyone please stop with the Kris Russell, BM picked up Campoli so I would imagine he is no longer interested in Russell.

He's only just begun to revamp this crappy D, Russell is really, really good. I betcha he's going for him as well.

Russell would be good Heater but the Jackets aren't giving him up. He's already their best defensemen so it really wouldn't make any sense.

81Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:23 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:
504Heater wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:There is no market for Goalies right now. Vermette for Leclaire could be done in the summer if BM wants to. If Columbus really wants Vermette for the playoff run it is going to cost more than an expensive, injured backup. Everyone please stop with the Kris Russell, BM picked up Campoli so I would imagine he is no longer interested in Russell.

He's only just begun to revamp this crappy D, Russell is really, really good. I betcha he's going for him as well.

Russell would be good Heater but the Jackets aren't giving him up. He's already their best defensemen so it really wouldn't make any sense.

we all can dream, and well, stranger things have happened before, an unbelieve package might pull Russell out of CBJ, but do we want to pay that price, we need to keep our prospects/picks, not wither them away.

82Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:26 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:Jesus, I dont get people... people in Ottawa are willing to wait 7 year for Spezza to come around in Ottawa, but they are not willing to wait less than 6 months for a top goaltending prospect to try and be the number 1 guy.

Ottawa always tried to short term fix with goaltending and what happens? Gerber, Hasek... Do it right, develope your number 1 guy during a REBUILD year, which next year defently is, the playoffs are still a long shot.

For once it looks like Ottawa is going to handle their goaltending situation correctly.

I'm not asking for a short term fix but it may be necessary. Ever think that maybe Elliott isn't ready? Is it the right thing to force him into something he's not prepared to do? We've seen players rushed in before and it completely destroyed their careers. I don't mind giving him a taste until the end of this season but I want a goalie that's ready to be #1 next season. It may be for the best if Elliott continues to improve down in the AHL.

83Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:

Right now I think they need Vermette more than they need Russell though.

84Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

504Heater wrote:
Urkie wrote:

Right now I think they need Vermette more than they need Russell though.

True but at the same time I don't think they would be willing to part with Russell even if it is for Vermette. I think he's pretty much untouchable.

If we're dealing with the Jackets then there are 2 guys that really stand out.....Leclaire and Klesla. Those are the guys they are looking to trade.

85Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:True but at the same time I don't think they would be willing to part with Russell even if it is for Vermette. I think he's pretty much untouchable.

If we're dealing with the Jackets then there are 2 guys that really stand out.....Leclaire and Klesla. Those are the guys they are looking to trade.

You don't think they'd part with Russell for Vermette? It almost happened back in January when Vermette wasn't anywhere near where he is (although granted, Russell wasn't either).

What makes you think they won't move Russell?

86Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:36 pm

We just got Campolli, why do people want to see Russell here? So we can have the smallest blueline in the league and the softest group of forwards going?

Guys, Vermette wont be in Columbus unless its a 1st coming back.

87Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:38 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
Urkie wrote:True but at the same time I don't think they would be willing to part with Russell even if it is for Vermette. I think he's pretty much untouchable.

You don't think they'd part with Russell for Vermette? It almost happened back in January when Vermette wasn't anywhere near where he is (although granted, Russell wasn't either).

Howson has said he won't?

88Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

504Heater wrote:You don't think they'd part with Russell for Vermette? It almost happened back in January when Vermette wasn't anywhere near where he is (although granted, Russell wasn't either).

Because Russell is too important to their team now. Back in January he wasn't as important.

89Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Howson has said he won't?

Oh.

90Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:
Because Russell is too important to their team now. Back in January he wasn't as important.

Okay, fair enough. Depends on if they feel they really need Vermette or not, but I can see this being true and him not being moved.

91Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:We just got Campolli, why do people want to see Russell here? So we can have the smallest blueline in the league and the softest group of forwards going?

You can never have enough puck movers, especially blazing fast ones with skill?

That would be my short answer. But y'all know I'd rather keep Vermette.

92Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:08 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:We just got Campolli, why do people want to see Russell here? So we can have the smallest blueline in the league and the softest group of forwards going?

You can never have enough puck movers, especially blazing fast ones with skill?

That would be my short answer. But y'all know I'd rather keep Vermette.

a full year of Vermette under Clouston might really be interesting, that is provided Clouston is still coaching? I am not sure what to suggest there.

93Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 6 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He absolutely should be coaching unless Columbus fires Hitchweiner or there's another substantial firing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum