GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis?

+13
bravenash55
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
beerandsens
Riprock
Urkie
beedub
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:33 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

This one has been tossed quite a bit around here, and my sources have hinted that Nashville talks have been going on. Nashville is in desperate need for offense, and have alot of talent on the back-end. Their contracts are basically identical, with Vermette being just a touch more expensive. This seems like a clean swap that could potentially work out very well for both sides.

2Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:33 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Works for me.

3Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Works for me too - but damn, just as I started to appreciate Vermette for bringing it every night and being a part of the team. Not to mention that they tried Comrie with Vermette and it looked great.

Dammit. Annoying, no?

4Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:36 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

504Heater wrote:Works for me too - but damn, just as I started to appreciate Vermette for bringing it every night and being a part of the team. Not to mention that they tried Comrie with Vermette and it looked great.

Dammit. Annoying, no?

It is, but you ask people from Nashville, and I'm sure they aren't too keen on giving up Hamhuis...

5Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:36 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

queue it up, Yes, we would miss Vermette, but Hamhuis might be the exact thing we need for our D.

6Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm glad I'm not GM in this particular instance. That's a tough one.

7Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:38 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like Hamhuis as well and since this season is all but over we can worry about replacing the offense in July or at the draft.

- Unknown Author

8Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:43 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

man, the more I see that trade on paper, the more I cringe...

Vermette, at least lately, seems to have awoken the beast within, and we're just starting to enjoy what we've all known Vermette is capable of, and now Nashville will reap the rewards? Ouch...

While I would love to see Hamhuis don a Sens uni, losing Vermette will hurt a LOT. And Clutch, who could Murray target in July that could bring what Vermette has been contributing?

9Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm trying to get some Nashville fans to tell me everything there is to know about the game Hamhuis plays. Hopefully I'll have the info by tonight.

I find this strangely risky because of what Vermette is doing, but I think Hamhuis might be the number two guy we've been looking for.

10Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:man, the more I see that trade on paper, the more I cringe...

Vermette, at least lately, seems to have awoken the beast within, and we're just starting to enjoy what we've all known Vermette is capable of, and now Nashville will reap the rewards? Ouch...

While I would love to see Hamhuis don a Sens uni, losing Vermette will hurt a LOT. And Clutch, who could Murray target in July that could bring what Vermette has been contributing?

I'm not convinced Vermette is a 60 plus point producer. Look at what he's done the last half of the season over the last few years. This is why Vermette is so frustrating. We see him turn it on with Stillman and we're all excited for the upcoming season, we see him turn it on since Clouston took over and now he's arrived?

- Unknown Author

11Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:52 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

That's the sign of a good trade though Cronie. A lot of the people on here offer trades that everybody just loves, but aren't realistic at all. This deal just makes too much sense. Sure it sucks losing Vermette, but we're gaining a very, very capable PMD in Hamhuis.

Vermette's played well in the past 10 games, I agree... but let's not get carried away here.

12Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:53 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ Last 30 games Jordo, but yes, it's a point that is well taken. We all want the moon for our guys, this is an actual hockey trade that makes sense.

13Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:54 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

don't know Hamhuis at all, so I really cannot comment. I do know that Vermette's fire and heart will be hard to replace

14Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Still...Vermette's on pace for his 2nd highest point totals as a Sen after a disastrous beginning in a terrible system.

Just do it Murray! Like a band-aid, just get it done and I'll move on...

I love you (now) Vermie. Boo hoo hoo.

15Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:54 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, I don't mean to imply the New and improved Vermette we've been treated to recently is here to stay? In fact, as you pointed out Clutch, if history has taught us anything it's that he will go back to be a big ol floppy donkey dong in no time... *nice visual, eh?* LOL

Now, seriously though, it's when he turns it on that he pays dividends, and to lose that, as inconsistent as it can and has been, will still hurt; however, if Murray can find a replacement who not only brings the same skills and intangibles (or more) and can do it cheaper, than I am open to suggestions, but I maintain that losing Vermette will hurt, end of story.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum